S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    Oh I 100% agree, Jack and Teal'c were also partly responsible for the situation because they were suppose to the be the safeguards in case Sam became too involved, which she did. Jack could have pulled the plug at any time, just as Teal'c could have killed the Replicator, but every time they deferred to Sam.

But what I really liked about Gemini was that even though Sam did mess up by trusting the Replicator, she was shown showing remorse for it, it really affected her. Alas, this type of thing was shown too rarely in the last few seasons, IMO, or when it was it was usually just Sam taking responsibility, even when, like in Gemini, others were also at fault.
    Good points. I think with a little tweaking, they still could have had RepliCarter pull one over on them without it looking like such poor judgment on everyone's part. I like the episode for RepliCarter--what a great villain. I was sorry to see her go, but it's better to be left wanting more than to be thinking "not her again!" Or reducing the threat like they did with Ba'al. Oh, what a waste of a good villain.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      I was most impressed with Landry in Continuum. Otherwise....Meh.

suse
      Agreed. He was kind of awesome in Continuum. If he would have been that general in the show I would have quite liked him. Plus, it seemed as though he finally got his eyebrows under control...

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Good points. I think with a little tweaking, they still could have had RepliCarter pull one over on them without it looking like such poor judgment on everyone's part. I like the episode for RepliCarter--what a great villain. I was sorry to see her go, but it's better to be left wanting more than to be thinking "not her again!" Or reducing the threat like they did with Ba'al. Oh, what a waste of a good villain.
      That is 100% how I feel about Ba'al at this point.

I swear to every single "god" in the SG universe that if they find another way to bring him back (the discussion in the locker room at the end of Continuum about whether or not that really was the last clone worries me) I will slap every single person involved.

Should Continuum stuff still be in spoilers?
      Originally posted by Callista
      Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
      Originally posted by HPMom
      She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        Oh I 100% agree, Jack and Teal'c were also partly responsible for the situation because they were suppose to the be the safeguards in case Sam became too involved, which she did. Jack could have pulled the plug at any time, just as Teal'c could have killed the Replicator, but every time they deferred to Sam.

But what I really liked about Gemini was that even though Sam did mess up by trusting the Replicator, she was shown showing remorse for it, it really affected her. Alas, this type of thing was shown too rarely in the last few seasons, IMO, or when it was it was usually just Sam taking responsibility, even when, like in Gemini, others were also at fault.
        Most specifically, Insiders. Landry, knowing that that whole level was compromised, should have severed power/the intranet to forestall the specific thing that happened.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Most specifically, Insiders. Landry, knowing that that whole level was compromised, should have severed power/the intranet to forestall the specific thing that happened.
          Classified information should not be accessable on every computer on the SG network. The database with the actual gate addresses should only have been accessable via a seperate network by the computers in the control room.
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
            Classified information should not be accessable on every computer on the SG network. The database with the actual gate addresses should only have been accessable via a seperate network by the computers in the control room.

But, but that would make sense. Something that was in short supply for most eps in the last few years.

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

But, but that would make sense. Something that was in short supply for most eps in the last few years.

suse
              As would your solution.

For an organisation as funded as the SGC and recruiting only the best of the best, it has been rather incompetent the last 2 seasons.
              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

As would your solution.

For an organisation as funded as the SGC and recruiting only the best of the best, it has been rather incompetent the last 2 seasons.
                Yep, starting at the top with Landry...his incompentence trickled down
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Yep, starting at the top with Landry...his incompentence trickled down
                  It even managed to infect the Asgard...
                  Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I have given up all hope.

The Ori were not boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post

The Ori were not boring!
                      I disagree, even the space leeches on Atlantis were less boring than the Bori. Mostly because the former were developed a bit while the latter were always off-screen and just plain boring in their goals.
                      Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

As would your solution.

No kidding. Can you imagine the (played for laughs) 'best of the best' files that Landry pulled for Mitchell to interview to add to his <gag> team *actually* being the best? Oy ve.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post

The Ori were not boring!
                          You were hoping they were boring?

You're in luck!

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

No kidding. Can you imagine the (played for laughs) 'best of the best' files that Landry pulled for Mitchell to interview to add to his <gag> team *actually* being the best? Oy ve.
                            If Mitchell and Landry are supposed to be the best, then no. Then again, I always assumed Landry was a political appointee, Kinsey's final act of revenge against the SGC, although that merely stengthens the "no".
                            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                              Yes. Although it makes me very happy that, to my knowledge, Jack has never actually had a conversation with her [Vala] one-on-one. That says something right there. I'm not sure what, exactly, but I like it.
                              When would he? When they had RDA under contract for five episodes, TPTB chose to use him more in Atlantis than SG-1. Then again, I doubt that conversation would have been well-written. It would have been written as a joke rather than with any character development.

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                              I agree with you that's Vala's schtick was much more excessive than Jack's. For the most part, Jack's didn't really bother me.
                              Jack's never bothered me because he never crossed the line. Vala was written as a whore, and she sexually harassed Daniel. I, for one, didn't find it the least bit funny. I remember laughing once to one of her "fun" jokes, but that was it.

I also think it was pretty cruel to get those bodies into that type of trouble, then jump out, just in time for the original occupants to die. I know it was supposed to increase suspense and excitement, but I found it dreadful.
                              Agreed. Another point: I found that whole scene disturbing. It literally made me sick to my stomach. While the cinematography was brilliant, I felt a scene like that didn't belong. While I would never argue that SG-1 is a kids'/family show, I think that scene was way over the top. The point could have easily been made without being so graphic.
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

No, they were cool. What about them was boring?

Comment

Working...
                                X