No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okk guys, let's watch how we're speaking about joe. agree or disagree with his methods, gotta speak about it with respect.

as to his magic 8 ball comments, honestly? i think he tells us what he can in some aspects. Even the actors have made comments along the line of 'we can't tell you'...and are likely legally obligated NOT to spoil.

in this case, i can deal iwth his glib answers because he likely can't answer many of the questinos folks are asking without risking getting in trouble
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
      That 8-ball thing had me wondering too...

Oh, that's good. I would so love to see Jack having some words with "Jackson." And will be interesting to see what Daniel thinks of "Vaniel."

I have a couple of other fic projects going on right now but my muse is getting a little bored. PMing ya.

yep, magic 8 ball...jeepers.

I got your pm and sent one back.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
        I thought the demise of SG-1 was with Moebius. I know alot of people thought it was funny. Goofy, nerdy Sam and Daniel, the shippers liked it because of the ending, but I still have this sad feeling that my SG-1 died. They were replaced by RCC Stargate Command version. One he could dumb down, allow a rookie to lead, a sexpot to join and ignore/rewrite what ever history that didn't fit into his version of SG-1. I refuse to rewatch Moebius. I pretend S8 ended with Threads and S9 and S10 are just Mitchells comatose dreams.
        I skip threads too since they pointlessly killed off a great character. The ending was Reckoning II. Mobieus is only good when I go back and re-write the end for my personal cannon. It was a fine ep if they hadnt killed off the real team.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
          I skip threads too since they pointlessly killed off a great character. The ending was Reckoning II. Mobieus is only good when I go back and re-write the end for my personal cannon. It was a fine ep if they hadnt killed off the real team.
          I have mixed feelings about Threads. But I don't think of Moebius as real episodes. I always liked the theory that was going around that season 9 (and now 10) was one of the team trapped in one of those blasted Gamekeeper chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            I have mixed feelings about Threads. But I don't think of Moebius as real episodes. I always liked the theory that was going around that season 9 (and now 10) was one of the team trapped in one of those blasted Gamekeeper chairs.
            Has to be feldger as S9-S10 wouldnt happen in the worst nightmares of the real SG-1 let alone be a subconcious manifistation. But Mitchell is Mary Sue enough that I can see feldger living out his wildest dreams. Like Barclay and the Holodeck for those Star Trek fans.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              okk guys, let's watch how we're speaking about joe. agree or disagree with his methods, gotta speak about it with respect.

as to his magic 8 ball comments, honestly? i think he tells us what he can in some aspects. Even the actors have made comments along the line of 'we can't tell you'...and are likely legally obligated NOT to spoil.

in this case, i can deal iwth his glib answers because he likely can't answer many of the questinos folks are asking without risking getting in trouble
              Oops sorry, didn't mean any disrespect towards Joe.. was just venting my frustration with posing a question (that I thought was legitimate and could have been answered - but that's just my opinion... he may not have cared to answer it for whatever reason and it's not really up to me to speculate on that) twice and having it go unanswered....

And I agree, there are some things that they can't really discuss because it'd be leaking major spoilers - and some fans could grab hold of them and blow them out of proportion, etc...

I am done over at his blog and don't care to visit it anymore - but again I mean no offense to him... sorry if it what I posted made anyone think otherwise

Comment

i understand guys. i just don't want things to get out of hand is all

sigpic

Comment

Just read the reviews on Dominion. Sounded better than the past few but the plot doesn't sound, "Brilliant" or "mind blowing" to me. But, then again I can usually figure out the plot before a show is 1/3 through. My hubby hates it when I tell him the end to a show that neither of us had seen before. Actually sounds rather cliche IMO.

Not sure if I will sit it out or not. I guess I will see what else will be on that night.

Comment

I haven't the fortitude to go in there and read them. I did make some predictions about them though, and am wondering just how close I am.

1. Vala-centered

2. Lots of Vaniel

3. No interaction between the Big 3

Sad that those have been my predictions for most of the season and I'm usually pretty dead on...

Comment

Well my 91year old Dad just caught the sneak preview of Bounty on Skiffy. All he did was just shooked his head and laughed.

Comment

yep, that's about the size of it

bounty isn't horrible...but it's kinda pathetic in its silliness.

remember citizen joe? and the stories joe would write? that's what bounty is.

they just used cameron as their marty stu instead of felger or Joe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          yep, that's about the size of it

bounty isn't horrible...but it's kinda pathetic in its silliness.

remember citizen joe? and the stories joe would write? that's what bounty is.

they just used cameron as their marty stu instead of felger or Joe

Watching Citizen Joe at the moment wondering if in my mind and his will CJ be a "classic" or not when it airs.

Comment

Jess--you basically summed it up. Just add Ba'al and Adria to the mix.

Man, what is it with this board? Ask a solid question or raise a real issue and they pounce on you like animals. Luckily, I have a sense of humor and found the post funny.

Discussing the cost of a ship. I add the real cost of what it takes to make an Aircraft carrier as some reference point to my estiment and they jumped all over me.

It takes seven years and 8.6 billion dollars to make a real carrier. I tried to explain that the shows 18 months to make a huge spaceborne ship is too short and the cost to make a really big ship would have to be near 4 times that at least. I got these...kids--I assume...telling me that the ships materials would free and it wouldn't cost that much. Hahhahaha...I pay bills!

And another one told me that I couldn't use reality to base anything in for science fiction because it's science fiction. Oh my! LOL.

Another thread...does Vala fit in? Well, of course she fits in...too easily. I posted Vala had it too easy and the reasons why. One told me I hated Vala. It's a character!

LMAO.

Comment

what's funny.....start a 'ok, only one side of the issue' thread and you get taken to task for not wanting to discuss. go into a discussion thread and post on both sides of the issue, and if you dont' fit in with the hive mind you get jumped on and told to shut up and that you're not a true fan.

the replacement of the prommie is a plot hole. Heck, the promie itself is a plot hole cause there's no way they could keep this ship a secret landing and taking off from the desert all the time

not to mention am i really expected to believe that the hundreds/thousands of folks woking on this puppy NEVER shoot thier mouth off?????

the bigger the secret the harder it is to keep it and the stargate has gotten too big. and things like bounty just keep stretching that envelope further and furether and further

sigpic

Comment

Keeping the program secret has been getting sketchier and sketchier since season 7 and the Antarctica battle (ok season 6 when they told the French\Chinese who have no reason to keep the secret and every reason to embarrass American politicians). The breaking point for my suspension of reality was them BEAMING A BUILDING INTO SPACE. WTH how stupid was that.

Not only was that stupid and unbelievable from the "how did no one notice" category but it also gives the Asgard transporters the magical ability to transport stuff of, what, infinite size and transport it absurdly long distances (from the planet to far enough in space no one notices a massive nuclear explosion).

Comment

Working...
                                X