8th-Threads
    9th-
    10th-

Can anyone fill in the rest?
    S2 - The Serpent's Lair.
    sigpic

Comment

Season 3
      Crystal Skull....but they just had him MIA not KIA.
      Legacy gets honorable mention for him being removed from the SGC and committed for being insane.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Season 4
        It is not clear if the archeologist killed or just stunned Daniel in WoO... I thought he had killed him.
        First Ones hes missing as he is kidnapped by chaka
        Absolute power he turns evil
        In the Light he tries to commit suicide and is on his death bed.
        In Double Jeopardy the ep starts with "daniel" getting killed, but then we find its just the android Daniel.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

first season-fire and water
          second season- serpents lair
          third season-crystal skull, legacy
          fourth season- first ones, AP, The Light
          fifth season-meridian
          6th-dead
          7th- icon. missing for a month or so?? not to mention having his memory swiss cheesed
          8th-Threads
          9th-
          10th- what happens in Quest

Daniel is perpetually going missing, bonkers, dead, ascended
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
            Yeah Daniel was the moral voice of the show. He stood up for what was right. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. But his characters has changed and not for the better. As far as him dying, it like crying wolf, he has done it so many times, nobody believes it anymore or cares.
            Exactly. I thought he was pretty OOC here and shows just how much he has changed. As for the dying, I agree - it's happened so many times to him and he always comes back, so that one scene wasn't such a big deal to me.

Comment

first season-fire and water
              second season- serpents lair
              third season-crystal skull, legacy
              fourth season- first ones, AP, The Light
              fifth season-meridian
              6th-dead
              7th- icon. missing for a month or so?? not to mention having his memory swiss cheesed
              8th-Threads
              9th- not sure if this counts but almost dying being trapped w/vala in that poor couple's bodies in the early part of the season
              10th- what happens in Quest

Comment

Oh my gosh.... I am sooooo glad I found this thread and that I am not alone in wishing seasons 9 and 10 NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!

I've been watching, but only in anticipation of the series ending, and hence ending the PAIN. BTW - The term "bori" is perfect. Kudos to the genius who came up with that one!

I miss the TEAM. I miss it a lot. It did not have to die, but the Mitchell character really screwed things up royally. He simply should never have been there in the first place. "Major" Mitchell really, really needs to be shot by his own troops for super ego infractions and delusions of being a stud-muffin.

BTW - did anyone notice in Pegasus Project that Mitchell and Sheppard are basically the same shallow character???? I think there is no writer for these guys - the character is computer generated as the "super studly military guy with the big mouth".

I have loved reading this thread. You all have great insight.

I've been watching old shows where Carter was a gutsy, intelligent team member. I miss her sooo much!!!

Comment

Hey, welcome to the thread

Yeah it's great to know there are others like me who almost can't wait for it to end, just wanting to get it over with (def. how I feel about the final episode).

Good point re: Mitchell and Shep in Pegasus Project. I noticed they did seem alarmingly alike. There were a few lines Mitchell had that I could hear Shep saying (like the "it's cool" thing).

Sam has been wallpaper this season, with a few exceptions. It's such a shame. Makes me think tptb got in over their heads thinking they could write for a 5-man team. And of course we have Vaniel as the center of attention most of the time. There goes that good old TEAM feeling that I knew and loved.

It's one reason why I see S9 and 10 as a completely different show - Stargate Command (and it would've been called that if skiffy hadn't insisted on keeping the name). SG-1 really ended after S8.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    Daniel is perpetually going missing, bonkers, dead, ascended
                    Surely he's run out of lives by now!

Even cats only get nine.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by gidge_8 View Post
                      Oh my gosh.... I am sooooo glad I found this thread and that I am not alone in wishing seasons 9 and 10 NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!

I've been watching, but only in anticipation of the series ending, and hence ending the PAIN. BTW - The term "bori" is perfect. Kudos to the genius who came up with that one!

I miss the TEAM. I miss it a lot. It did not have to die, but the Mitchell character really screwed things up royally. He simply should never have been there in the first place. "Major" Mitchell really, really needs to be shot by his own troops for super ego infractions and delusions of being a stud-muffin.

BTW - did anyone notice in Pegasus Project that Mitchell and Sheppard are basically the same shallow character???? I think there is no writer for these guys - the character is computer generated as the "super studly military guy with the big mouth".

I have loved reading this thread. You all have great insight.

I've been watching old shows where Carter was a gutsy, intelligent team member. I miss her sooo much!!!
                      I watched Prototype the other night only because there was absolutly nothing else to watch. Mitchell what a goof.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

mitch is a carbon copy of shep

irreverant young, cocky rogue

You could hot swap them from one show to the other and not really notice the difference beyond cam's 'gramma' quips adn slight southern drawl
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          mitch is a carbon copy of shep

irreverant young, cocky rogue

You could hot swap them from one show to the other and not really notice the difference beyond cam's 'gramma' quips adn slight southern drawl
                          Didn't TPTB want BB to play Shep at one point? maybe when they were able to sign him up for Season Nine, they just recreated the character they had originally wanted him for.

Comment

Shep and Mitchell both fall under the shows, "type A" personality cookie cutter.

Imagine having a pilot without the cookie cutter personality profile the show uses. Maybe that would make the characters more believable.
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                              Didn't TPTB want BB to play Shep at one point? maybe when they were able to sign him up for Season Nine, they just recreated the character they had originally wanted him for.
                              I recall see that on a thread but not actually reading it in an interview. It's very possible though.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                                Shep and Mitchell both fall under the shows, "type A" personality cookie cutter.

Imagine having a pilot without the cookie cutter personality profile the show uses. Maybe that would make the characters more believable.
                                The thing about cookie cutter characters is that they tend to be a heck of a lot less interesting than the ones with depth.

I liked Daniel in the early seasons, he felt more real then, but ActionJackson irritates and bores me. Landry seems to be a cookie cutter general with a dose of soap opera thrown in. With Mitchell, they seem to have fluctuated between personalities, all clichés and Vala, who had the potential to be interesting, is relegated to the role of eye candy/sex joke far too often.

Comment

Working...
                                X