S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kazzyk
    They want to attract more female viewers???? This is how they are going about it? Really--I am stunned at their idiocy. Moving past the obvious with all the sexual inuendo--females are somewhat romantic and LOYAL creatures.

Do TPTB have no woman in their lives? Parking AT in favor of CB is going to attract females how?
    Oh wait--I get it--the romance--its all there as clear as day. BB and CB = romance, or so they hope.

I still find it astounding that they think the farscape fans are enough. I dont think I will ever get it.
    However, given some recent reading--TPTB do now know that they are in trouble with fans and it may effect the bottom line.

Do they care--NO.
    I guess the only way they would take notice is if all the female fans they don't care about, told SciFi that if they don't clean up the sexism on the show they will cancel their subscriptions to SciFi (after all besides the Friday night lineup what else does this channel supply that is of substance)
    Hmmm would the loss of paying customers make them see the light
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

idoubt it. there's more where we came from

If folks are seriously unhappy, they can always write to skiffy, let them know how you feel.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        idoubt it. there's more where we came from

If folks are seriously unhappy, they can always write to skiffy, let them know how you feel.
        I want names. I want addresses. Seriously, does anyone know how to actually get through to Skiffy?

You know what? My cousin is one of the stars of BSG. I'm going to write and ask HER.
        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
          It's time to lock the chevrons,
          It's time to light the lights.
          It's time to dial the Stargate on the Muppetgate tonight!

Believe me, I've worked this whole thing out. I had Samuels and Maybourne - although I now think Samuels and Chekov would be better - as Statler and Waldorf.

"Why do we always come here?"
          "What is this program worth?"
          "They never bring us anything to help us rule the Earth."

The really worrying thing is that I thought the whole thing up at a bus stop on my way to hospital to find out why I had high blood pressure.

Of course, when I had food poison I thought I was the God of Friday, so this could just be a 'my brain' thing...
          lmao! Omg someone needs to make a sig of muppetgate! you get green for that.

Oh, and Angel's "Smile Time" I loved that! So funny, definately more of a Buffy ep than an Angel one, but great notheless.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            lmao! Omg someone needs to make a sig of muppetgate! you get green for that.

Oh, and Angel's "Smile Time" I loved that! So funny, definately more of a Buffy ep than an Angel one, but great notheless.
            "I'm made of felt. And my nose comes off."
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Great stuff

"You're a bloody puppet!"
              "What do puppets eat?"
              Who would have thought that a puppet could be so good a fighter?
              Man I loved that episode
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

the addy i have is

Scifi Channel
                1230 Avenue of the Americas
                New York, NY 10020-1513

no real idea who to address it to, maybe ust make sure that 'Stargate' is on the envelope
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Scarecrow was her uncle (if I remember right) thats why she loved him so much, what you are saying is just... well... thats just....wrong

I don't know if you are referring to the people back in Kansas, but I don't think Ray Bolger played her uncle, but one of the farm hands. However, the Scarecrow himself was not related to Dorothy at all.

I think my favorite bit was Lorne carrying the werewolf-chewed Angel and calling out, "Medic!"

OK, call me easy, but I'm not unhappy that Jack is going to be back for about 1/4 of the eps. At this point, I'm going on the (perhaps unfounded) assumption that he actually has a part in these eps!
                  "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Do you suppose that going beyond S10 was never really anythng TPTB planned?
                    It is almost as if RDA is coming to the rescue simply to have viewers show up for S10.

As he will be in 5 episodes.
                    Crazy and funny is how they describe 200--fans will either love it or hate it is what they say.
                    It is as if the 200 is the big wrap party and seal on a show they have destroyed.

I dont think I will ever understand what happened here

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                      <snip>

OK, call me easy, but I'm not unhappy that Jack is going to be back for about 1/4 of the eps. At this point, I'm going on the (perhaps unfounded) assumption that he actually has a part in these eps!
                      LOL - have faith I say! Good on ya! I'm happy as welll....and yes, I'm easy....somewhat
                      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Gonzo blows his trumpet
                        My goodness that about says it all!
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

It's time to lock the chevrons,
                          It's time to light the lights.
                          It's time to dial the Stargate on the Muppetgate tonight!

Believe me, I've worked this whole thing out. I had Samuels and Maybourne - although I now think Samuels and Chekov would be better - as Statler and Waldorf.

"Why do we always come here?"
                          "What is this program worth?"
                          "They never bring us anything to help us rule the Earth."

The really worrying thing is that I thought the whole thing up at a bus stop on my way to hospital to find out why I had high blood pressure.

Of course, when I had food poison I thought I was the God of Friday, so this could just be a 'my brain' thing...
                          I'd green you but I've run out!
                          sigpic
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

As I've said elsewhere on the forum, I'm not letting myself get too excited at the news that RDA will be featured in S10 - I remember the awfulness that was Origin. <shudder>

Having said that, there are some encouraging signs in this announcement. Providing they can be believed, of course. The lying little goblins.

Firstly, that TPTB actively sought out RDA to do the work. A sign that they do finally realise that they are drowning and going down for the third time, losing a lot of core fan support and need to get their finger out and work out at least some of the problems with the show?

I'm encouraged to hear that RDA not only agreed to do this work, but was keen to do even more if they wanted him. A sign he's missing the show a little? At least a sign that he's not bored to his eye-teeth with it any more. Which means we might get a decent performance out of him, instead of the lacklustre acting by numbers that marked his last appearances.

And, finally, I find it a leetle exciting (though trying not to get carried away <g>) that these spots are more than just cameos, complete with badly edited in stand-ins, but substantial parts of the episode. That WOULD be something to watch.

As I say, had my faith shattered far too often with S9 for me to be truly excited about this news. But it will mean I watch a dang sight more S10 episodes than I'd probably planned to!

On the down side - they couldn't think of anything more original and special to do for their 200th episode than revisiting Wormhole Xtreme? Really? I loved WX, don't get me wrong - one of my favourite episodes - but you know...been there already. Done that to death. And I didn't really feel there were any great big loose ends to complete in that one. It seemed pretty tied up to me. Or maybe, I should say, that it was complete for me and that I really had no great curiosity as to what happened next at all.

Second and third downsides - this also means a/ I have to watch SGA and b/ I might actually have to buy S10 DVDs. <G>

Albion
                            Last edited by Albion; 29 March 2006, 08:02 AM.
                            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                              Okey Dokey. First we have the The Ori Shark Baby that's somewhat like Jasmine of Angel. Now we have another Great Puppet Caper that I saw on Angel called Smile Time.
                              I had forgotten about that - it was hysterical.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                                Gonzo blows his trumpet
                                My goodness that about says it all!
                                frack! it won't let me green ya-but that was a hoot-thanx
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X