S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kazzyk
    I am willing to bet there will be no S11.
    I bet there WILL be. The die hard "come hell or high water I'm watching the damn show NO MATTER WHAT" attitude far outweighs the "enough is enough" and "this time they've gone too far" attitudes. There's still money to be made with Stargate and there are still those who will fork over any amount for it. No matter what.

Comment

I am willing to bet there will be no S11.
      if there is one, it'll bear little to no resemblance to the current show. and likely won't have many of the same actors either, just my opinion of course

but one reason that there MIGHT be some ship resolution is because that part of the show is ending, so tehy won't have to deal with it
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Im with Shadow, as each day passes I loose more and more hope that we will see some sort of resurection of the show, and as I wait the likelyness of a S11 also seems more likely *sigh* and as Sky said, its not going to be Stargate SG1, come S12 it will be Stargate Command, Season 4.

Oh, and just so you know, you're all stupid and cant make decisions for yourselves, according to some http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=5116327
        Im thinking we go onto Shadows plan and make an Anti-Anit-Anti thread.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Loving the motto thread, they were just asking for people to slag off the show and S9/10 hehe, Shadow's tickled me but evil GW wont let me green
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Cute, adorable and snarkier than thou.

I do have to give credit where it's due, though. If Stargate wasn't already laughable, it'd be a lot harder to be funny.

Comment

They might as well have hung a "kick me" sign on the show! Oh well, what can you do, maybe they will understand the "Stargate isnt all that perfect" argument when they get a couple of laughs out of the slogans, after all we all know that Funny = Good and right.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                http://skydiver119.livejournal.com/

the icon at top is my current one

and the one that applies to this

I tried to upload it but it's too big
                I'd like to have some fun too.
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  ooh, another one.

see, felger crawled in that VR chair from avatar and made his own marty sue (cam) and s9 has all been a huge felger dream
                  I love this idea of Season 9 being a Felger VR sequence and I can blow it off without a second thought.
                  With Moebius so many were afraid the big reset button had been pushed. Now I want they to push it again.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    The issue for me has been and always will be balance. Having Carter go back to being all business all the time is just as out of balance as showing her being all about her personal relationships. People are multidimensional and Carter is no exception.

So bring on the ship but do it in balance ... let us see the strong/brilliant/soldier/leader Sam most of the time with a taste of the Sam/Jack resolve to show that she (and therefore we the audience) didn't go through that emotional rollercoaster for nothing.

Of course the writers have to be willing to write her with balance in mind and have the skill to pull it off...

I thought that's what O'Neill liked about her. Intelligence is hot. (I hate the dumba$$ O'Neill - I prefer to think it is a ploy)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                      I'd like to have some fun too.
                      oh yeah, i changed it

it was one of cam

'of course i'm the leader
                      i have a p****
                      and i know how to use it'

that one came from the fun on scifi last night

sigpic

Comment

I enjoy my Stargate Mondays and I am sorry but when the mini-interviews included Claudia and Ben I about choked--what do they have to do with any Stargate prior to S9?

The whole point is to give commentary on the shows airing and none of them include S9.
                        Just more promotion of the divine new couple grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

As if we are to think they somehow had anything to do with this show 1-8.
                        Maybe I am all wrong but it just did not sit well--Mondays are or was the only time it was all Stargate.
                        Absolutely - me too. Makes me resent the new characters even more - these people and their characters were not around and did not watch the show at all before now - they have no insight and nothing to say that interests me in the least about the early, great years of what was Stargate SG1 - that show doesn't exist anymore - now it is a farcical nightmare that these 2 people and 2 characters just serve to remind me of.

Leave the classics (pre S9) alone and let the fans have their original, one and only great Stargate SG1 without the taint of S9.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                          Absolutely - me too. Makes me resent the new characters even more - these people and their characters were not around and did not watch the show at all before now - they have no insight and nothing to say that interests me in the least about the early, great years of what was Stargate SG1 - that show doesn't exist anymore - now it is a farcical nightmare that these 2 people and 2 characters just serve to remind me of.

Leave the classics (pre S9) alone and let the fans have their original, one and only great Stargate SG1 without the taint of S9.
                          Well... In Claudia Black's and Ben Browder's defense, as someone else mentioned either here or on the SaGC thread (I can't remember), these snippets were probably taken from a longer interview that was taken for the various themes that Stargate Mondays will have from here on out.

Yes, I know, it makes no sense for Claudia or Ben to talk about any aspects of past seasons, because they simply weren't here. However, if they're being briefed on the subjects because Sci Fi is intent on having their input - as a constant reminder of their presence, no doubt - I honestly don't think it's their fault.

Don't get me wrong. Ya'll know where I stand when it comes to teh BIGGER, BETTER, COOLER, SHINIER SG-1!!! (see sig below, for example), but I don't think we can really blame the two actors for what we're seeing either. Once again, they're doing what they're contractually told to do - which is, hype the show at all costs. Even if they're hyping the original show, one they didn't even contribute to , it's their jobs. I don't know if we can really begrudge them that. We know who's really at fault here, anyways.

Comment

very good point. the actors are just doing a job. and while i've never met ben or claudia, they don't strike me as pushy people. they are just puppets in a way, and skiffy is pulling the strings.

they're doing what they're told cause they need/want thier jobs.

If anyone is elevating the new kids over the existing ones, it's scifi/sony

sigpic

Comment

And, I don't know if it's just me or not, but it looked like neither Claudia Black nor Ben Browder knew exactly why the heck they were being asked this question. It seemed rather awkward. I mean, they totally pulled it off. And I think it was relatively suggested that their opinions came from their own experiences on Farscape (TSeriesTSNBN). But, at the same time, it seemed a tad stilted. Again, maybe it was just me.

Comment

well, i would imagine, when they were drawn into the interview, they expected it to be about them and their characters...not some aspect of the show that they have no real knowledge of (other than ben who has watched the eps, we have no idea if claudia has or not)

it'd be kinda like interveiwing amanda and asking her about plots on macgyver

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X