X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnterTheWormhole View Post
    Are we sure?

After all:
    • We've never seen Gen. Landry and Kinsey in the same place at the same time.
    • The first time Landry appears, or is even mentioned ("Avalon") is only after Kinsey disappears ("Full Alert," as you mentioned.)
    • Kinsey is notorious for criticizing the way Hammond and SG-1 do things at the SGC. As commander of the SG program, Landry does things very differently than his two predecessors.

Do not accuse me of fomenting a conspiracy theory. I merely present facts. The conclusions you draw are your own.
    That's a good theory. But I don't see Landry as the bad guy. He's different, but at least he's not as bad as Bauer.
    And Kinsey can't really hide on Earth like Ba'al did, he's to famous for that. Untill they show him alive and pulling the strings, I consider him dead.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      That's a good theory. But I don't see Landry as the bad guy. He's different, but at least he's not as bad as Bauer.
      And Kinsey can't really hide on Earth like Ba'al did, he's to famous for that. Untill they show him alive and pulling the strings, I consider him dead.
      I see Landry as an incompetent putz and not a bad guy. The bad guys seem to have more going for them than Landry.

(Poor BB...instead of giving him real material to work with they just have him reciting lines.)
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        I see Landry as an incompetent putz and not a bad guy. The bad guys seem to have more going for them than Landry.

(Poor BB...instead of giving him real material to work with they just have him reciting lines.)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          ahem

and what do baby boomers have to do with the ark of truth?????

get it back on topic
          Crossquoted from the Ark of Truth discussion that I sort of derailed...
          Sky, the boomers may well break the economy like the Ark (and S9-10) broke SG-1. The last two seasons and the movie are withdrawing from the equity of the good name of Stargate, much like Cinderella 2 and 3 (and any other direct-to-video Disney sequel) withdraw from the Disney name to bank on brand loyalty.

Watch out for your social RLOC! (Retirement Line of Credit)
          Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
          http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

i'm not disputing the point, however there was no way for that convo to continue with out the movie thread descending into circular arguments about social situations

IMHO, right now the only way to 'save' the franchise would be to start it over with some fresh blood and fresh ideas.

which aint' gonna happen
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sky, I'm not arguing with you. I brought it here so I don't derail that thread further. Sorry 'bout that.
              Last edited by Silverwings; 01 April 2008, 02:39 PM.

sigpic

Comment

My review of Ark of Truth:

Spoiler:
                Okay, we rented the movie from the new blackbuster that came to town for 99 cents. First I can say without hesitation that 99 cents is the value of the film to me.

Over all...not as bad as I expected. With the proper mind set and lots of booze or chocolate it can be a fun watch. Mind you, tomorrow I am scheduled to be tortured with Alvin and the Chipmunks.

The movie is kind of rushed and with little real substance as to character development. I liked the few Vala/Tomin scenes and there wasn't enough Adria as the bad guy. The ark itself is far from mythical or interesting. Nothing like Indiana Jones and the lost ark.

The terminator/replicator story line was basically thrown in to give Sam and Cam some screen time, but it was nice to see the bug replicators instead of the cheap human ones. I did think the giant replicator sticking out of Merricks back was the most entertaining part of the show. lol.

Now, for the bad:

The movie featured Action Jackson with an occasional hint of the old Daniel from time to time. He would protest to blowing something up and then shrug it off and go blow it up anyways.

Teal'c was an elaborate plot device for the most part.

Again, hardly ever saw the gate. Ended with the same lame ending from Unending.

I did like Sam in this movie...to bad she was stuck on the ship with Cambo and the bugs.

Cambo recited every freaking Jack line there was...but delivered them as if he was John Crichton. Kept waiting for D'argo to show up...disappointed he did not.

Again, too much use of the space ships and big bad battles. Over the top on special effects.

I would rate this movie for a adolescent to enjoy. My handicapped daughter (working on an 7 year old level) loved the film...however, she is also behind tomorrow's entertainment...Alvin and his furry buddies.

So, if you are looking for a way to waste 99 cents and spend and hour and six minutes with a juvenile this film is for you.

One note: The soundtrack was nice...it was the theme music from the series. Unfortunately it didn't have the opening with the chevrons and the gate.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Okay, we rented the movie from the new blackbuster that came to town for 99 cents. First I can say without hesitation that 99 cents is the value of the film to me.

Over all...not as bad as I expected. With the proper mind set and lots of booze or chocolate it can be a fun watch. Mind you, tomorrow I am scheduled to be tortured with Alvin and the Chipmunks.

The movie is kind of rushed and with little real substance as to character development. I liked the few Vala/Tomin scenes and there wasn't enough Adria as the bad guy. The ark itself is far from mythical or interesting. Nothing like Indiana Jones and the lost ark.

The terminator/replicator story line was basically thrown in to give Sam and Cam some screen time, but it was nice to see the bug replicators instead of the cheap human ones. I did think the giant replicator sticking out of Merricks back was the most entertaining part of the show. lol.

Now, for the bad:

The movie featured Action Jackson with an occasional hint of the old Daniel from time to time. He would protest to blowing something up and then shrug it off and go blow it up anyways.

I did like Sam in this movie...to bad she was stuck on the ship with Cambo and the bugs.

Cambo recited every freaking Jack line there was...but delivered them as if he was John Crichton. Kept waiting for D'argo to show up...disappointed he did not.

Again, too much use of the space ships and big bad battles. Over the top on special effects.

I would rate this movie for a adolescent to enjoy. My handicapped daughter (working on an 7 year old level) loved the film...however, she is also behind tomorrow's entertainment...Alvin and his furry buddies.

So, if you are looking for a way to waste 99 cents and spend and hour and six minutes with a juvenile this film is for you.

One note: The soundtrack was nice...it was the theme music from the series. Unfortunately it didn't have the opening with the chevrons and the gate.
                  If I had to choose Ark of Truth or Alvin and the Chipmunks I would pick that the chipmunks, at least it doesn’t embarrass the memory of a once great show. The chipmunks have always been a cheesy cartoon, unlike Stargate that just recently turned into one.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                    If I had to choose Ark of Truth or Alvin and the Chipmunks I would pick that the chipmunks, at least it doesn’t embarrass the memory of a once great show. The chipmunks have always been a cheesy cartoon, unlike Stargate that just recently turned into one.
                    Tomorrow I will post my review of the chipmunk movie. My daughter is home sick this week. First she got the flu, had four good days after that and then was hit with bronchitis. I just hope she doesn't want to watch it first thing. (dear god...give me strength and sense of humor.)

The movie truly did reflect season 9 and 10 of stargate command. Hoping continuum will be better.

Comment

Spoiler:

Now, for the bad:

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                      Hey, don't bash 'Alvin and the chipmunks'! Look here, it's no 1 at amazon.com, while Aot is just No 7

Comment

I think that just means we're outnumbered.

sigpic

Comment

As promised my review of Alvin and the chipmunks....

Spoiler:

I liked this movie...it was adorable.

Any parent can connect with poor Dave who had his hands full with 3 scurrying, over energetic "boys" or chipmunks.

The whole plot was simple and very basic...the chipmunks are taken away from Dave by the greedy manager. They become exhausted because the manager lets them play too much and then pushes them too hard. Then the greedy manager tried to keep Dave from getting them back. Chipmunks escape and go back to Dave.

The movie is very family oriented and is geared towards parents and kids alike. The adult humor is very subtle...the kids don't really get the joke but the grown up will. (Reminds me of old SG-1 humor)

The special effects for the chipmunks singing and dancing was great. They moved like a real chipmunk. I have to give credit to the animation department on this film.

Seeing 3 chipmunks singing and dancing to "The Witch Doctor" more than made up for the 99 cent rental fee.

I will probably buy a copy of the movie for my daughter's birthday which is in a week.

It was fun for both adults and kids!

On a scale of 1 to 10:

I would rate Ark of Truth about a 5

I would rate Alvin and the Chipmunks at a 10.

Comment

Ok, I couldn't help myself. I watched Ark of Truth. I've (dare I say) religiously avoided spoilers & reviews. My thoughts.
                            Spoiler:
                            It is ho hum and yet overblown. It feels like a regular episode but with odd little "epic" bits thrown in like Teal'c's walk over the mountains. Goldsmith's score is beautiful, but really in my mind serves to point out (like some of the shots), that what RCC obviously intended to be a *big movie* really isn't. Being made forcefully aware that "here's a big shot" is not the way to keep the viewer in your world. It jars the viewer out of the experience. I've seen better paced and tension filled regular episodes than this. I was very tempted to fast forward in spots.
                            Maybe a lot of my problem is that I used to care about the characters. sigh

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Did they use the exact same ending from "Unending," or just one much like it. Because if they did the former ... man, that just seems like a complete rip-off, especially for a "big movie!"

Comment

well, 'same ending'

Spoiler:
                                in that look, we're at the sgc and we're all going through the gate together
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X