S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    This explaination is so much better than the one TPTB have given us.

Anyway, PU Vala vs Oma Vala? Or did Oma take over her body?

Someone should write an alternative ending episode for SG-1, where this theory and the Asgard are involved in.
    Oma is Vala in the theory...lol. Vala is Oma in disguise. Kind of like that idea too.

Thor? How about we make him and the other Asgard watching all the events on a large flat screen TV in a bar, drinking beer and making bets on which human would destroy all of humanity first.

Of course, if Anubis is disguised as Daniel then I would understand Daniel's obsession with wiping out an entire race of ascended beings, being miserable, crumpy and arrogant.

Vala and Daniel were actually Oma and Anubis still fighting it out--that makes me want to see Vala bet the crap out of Daniel even more.

All while poor Daniel sits in the cafe and eats his breakfast. Man, those waffles must be really good to keep Daniel in that cafe.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Ah, okay. So Thor can be drinking beers with Jack? And Daniel, he's off exploring the Pegasus Galaxy and is currently at Chaya's?
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I like Thor drinking beer with Jack...cool idea.

That's why Jack wasn't there when Thor self ignited. Thor and Jack were really at the cabin and the thor we saw--was a clone.

Comment

*nods* And what about Sam, Teal'c, Laundry, Lam (I like that name, it means wasted or cripple or young sheep in Dutch), and Cambo?
          Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Maybe Sam was replaced with a clone too! Sam in season 9 and 10 was...cloned Sam.

Our sam is having a beer with Thor and Jack.

Teal'c? Poor Teal'c--he hasn't figured it out yet. All his energy has gone into preventing himself from actually killing Cam.

Cam...is actually Loki! Made himself a human clone body. Yep, smarter than he looks but just does stupid things.

Lam and Landry? just episode filler...like cheerleaders at halftime at a football game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              Maybe Sam was replaced with a clone too! Sam in season 9 and 10 was...cloned Sam.
              A not evil version of RepliCarter? Rather like er,
              Spoiler:
              recent events on SGA
              ?

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                A not evil version of RepliCarter? Rather like er,
                Spoiler:
                recent events on SGA
                ?

suse
                Maybe loki was cloning again and made a duplicate of sam. But then--where is the real sam?

I think the clone went to SGA. She's a bit OC for sam.

Comment

Oc?
                  Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Oc?

Will someone explain the youngster what OC means?

Comment

Oc?
                      If OC = OOC then it means 'Out of Character'.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      Will someone explain the youngster what OC means?
                      And it surprises me to find you here, oh great fan of S9/10, you're not following me around are you?
                      Spoiler:
                      It wouldn't surprise me after you declared your "love" for me and all.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I'll go away. I know where I am not wanted .

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                          Sit them on the Naughty Gate-Ramp?
                          ROTFLOL!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Teal'c: I just had a horrible nightmare, O'Neill.

O'Neill: Tell me about it.

Teal'c: First of all, you were not there. You were in Washington at a desk job.

O'Neill: Like that would ever happen.

Teal'c: It is worse, O'Neill. Colonel Carter lost her command of SG1 to an imprudent officer—I think the term you would use is "hotdog"--with no offworld experience.

O'Neill: growl. It'd never happen. Carter is an excellent officer.

Teal'c: I was relegated to being an observer of all this, except for being tortured during various missions.

O'Neill: Like they'd ever get ahold of you.

Teal'c: And SG1 was forced to accept as a member a former criminal who never stopped talking and constantly romantically pursued Daniel Jackson.

O'Neill: Oh, ho—I knew ya had it in you Danny boy!

Teal'c: These were unwanted attentions. But perhaps worst of all was Daniel Jackson.

O'Neill: What about Daniel?

Teal'c: He was not himself, O'Neill. He had become arrogant and angry. He acted as though Colonel Carter and I were strangers and he was abusive toward the new female team member.

O'Neill: Daniel? Abusive?

Teal'c: He literally pushed her around.

O'Neill: That is a doozie. Ok, no more double pepperoni pizza for you before bed.

I wish I could rep folks, but I'm still locked out of the green fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              Teal'c: I just had a horrible nightmare, O'Neill.

O'Neill: Tell me about it.

Teal'c: First of all, you were not there. You were in Washington at a desk job.

O'Neill: Like that would ever happen.

Teal'c: It is worse, O'Neill. Colonel Carter lost her command of SG1 to an imprudent officer—I think the term you would use is "hotdog"--with no offworld experience.

O'Neill: growl. It'd never happen. Carter is an excellent officer.

Teal'c: I was relegated to being an observer of all this, except for being tortured during various missions.

O'Neill: Like they'd ever get ahold of you.

Teal'c: And SG1 was forced to accept as a member a former criminal who never stopped talking and constantly romantically pursued Daniel Jackson.

O'Neill: Oh, ho—I knew ya had it in you Danny boy!

Teal'c: These were unwanted attentions. But perhaps worst of all was Daniel Jackson.

O'Neill: What about Daniel?

Teal'c: He was not himself, O'Neill. He had become arrogant and angry. He acted as though Colonel Carter and I were strangers and he was abusive toward the new female team member.

O'Neill: Daniel? Abusive?

Teal'c: He literally pushed her around.

O'Neill: That is a doozie. Ok, no more double pepperoni pizza for you before bed.

Wanted to peperon you but I am banned for 24 hours . Hilarious

Comment

So, over the past week or so, the following chain occurred to me...

With the addition of Farscape's two main actors [Browder (Crighton) and Black (Sun)] to Stargate, some folks coined the terms FarGate and StarScape. Since Crighton and Sun were coming to Stargate, FarGate seems more appropriate and descriptive.

Then, Stargate's PTB decided to take Stargate into the realm of a screwball bunch of goofups bumbling their way through galactic unbelievability. Maybe it started as 'gee, the main scifi action heroes are always surmounting such unbelievable odds in such unbelievable conditions... *real* humans wouldn't be able to do that. *Real* humans would make mistakes and goof up and screw up. *That* would be *real* human drama. So... how do they get that into Stargate, a series about intergalactic heroes that save Earth and other planets (and the galaxy) on a weekly basis? Hmmm... well, they do it poorly. They turn the main characters into bumbling screw-ups who are only just trying to have fun. Yuck, yuck! They could have had their main characters have flaws and deal with them, but still not come across as bumbling screw-ups.

Add in a huge over-dash of 'let's have too much idiotic fun' and what was once pleasurable became ridiculous. Dominatrix alien female with cleavage and sexual innuendo prominent. Wallpaper the veteran characters. Or alter them into distorted, new characters. Alien female plays Daisy Duke. Main central character is an alpha male stupendous hero... over the top... and with no pants.

A farce of it's former self.

They began actually, and without shame, producing and selling Wormhole Extreme. They weren't that far from it in the past, but they pushed it too far and went into Wormhole Extreme wholeheartedly.

A farce.

Stargate became FarGate.

And then it became a farce of itself.

That makes it FarceGate.

Comment

Working...
                                X