S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    If there is a perilous situation, SG-1 should cope with it Cam-less, as they coped with so many dangerous situations in their first eight years together.
    considering cam usually creates/contributes to any hazardous situation, i would dare to say that the team gets along just fine if he's gone....unless they happen to have a very large loaf of bread that needs sliced that is
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      considering cam usually creates/contributes to any hazardous situation, i would dare to say that the team gets along just fine if he's gone....unless they happen to have a very large loaf of bread that needs sliced that is
      True.

It would be funny if Cameron comes bouncing back to the SGC, in need of an extra large hat, ready to save the day... only to find that SG-1's missions have one uncannily smoothly in his absence, with no problems whatsoever and so soon as they see him, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c all sigh and don helmets and bulletproof vests before they dare step through the stargate with Cameron around.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I just hate that the scene appears that it's going to be done with just Cameron and Landry, away from the rest of the team. From the spoilers it sounds like the writers believe that everyone's main problem with the leadership situation is Cameron himself, but that's only part of it. It's a team issue. It should be dealt with as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i thought we already had the vorlons???? Oma sure looked like one to me
          LOL!! THe avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.
          what i'd like to see is a narn. now that would be sweet
          Andreas!!!! ::sob:: That man will be missed. He was sooo incredible.

Suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
            I just hate that the scene appears that it's going to be done with just Cameron and Landry, away from the rest of the team. From the spoilers it sounds like the writers believe that everyone's main problem with the leadership situation is Cameron himself, but that's only part of it. It's a team issue. It should be dealt with as such.
            Great posts Golfbooy and I agree - this mitchell thing, if it plays out the way it sounds, will just be another illogical move by TPTB but that is to be expected now, IMO. This scene, IMO, will make matters worse - this is something that definitley needs to play out with the whole of SG1 - I am so sick of the poor little me, flyboy, cowboy who acts as if he is a teenager on smack as opposed to a Lt. Colonel in the USAF (my wish for this scene is that Landry takes the putz out into the woods and beats him senseless for being a wuss). This scene sounds like a disaster in the making and more of that immature whoa is me crap from the "golden boy". If TPTB think this is endearing or development they really have missed a huge beat. IMO this will hurt mitchell even more and continue to make him look immature and definitley NOT leadership material. TPTB have no clue what the problem is with mitchell and the fact that 408 vs. 174 have voted for Carter to be in charge should tell them at least a little something about their problem. Dolts.

Comment

Sigh - I fear my life line of optimism for s10 is being to fray with the more I read from the Vancouver Con's latest tidbids and peeking at some spoilers.

RDA's return is a flicker of light - it will be good just to have his character back. Hope the scripts are worthy of his return.
              A Symbiote

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                Great posts Golfbooy and I agree - this mitchell thing, if it plays out the way it sounds, will just be another illogical move by TPTB but that is to be expected now, IMO. This scene, IMO, will make matters worse - this is something that definitley needs to play out with the whole of SG1 - I am so sick of the poor little me, flyboy, cowboy who acts as if he is a teenager on smack as opposed to a Lt. Colonel in the USAF (my wish for this scene is that Landry takes the putz out into the woods and beats him senseless for being a wuss). This scene sounds like a disaster in the making and more of that immature whoa is me crap from the "golden boy". If TPTB think this is endearing or development they really have missed a huge beat. IMO this will hurt mitchell even more and continue to make him look immature and definitley NOT leadership material. TPTB have no clue what the problem is with mitchell and the fact that 408 vs. 174 have voted for Carter to be in charge should tell them at least a little something about their problem. Dolts.
                You're right about the scene doing Cameron's character more harm than good.

As it stands, I consider Cameron an annoying, over-enthusiastic, immature idiot whose presence on SG-1 makes me fear for the safety of Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and the galaxy.

If TPTB see fit to add whiner to the list, Cameron stands an excellent chance of ousting Kinsey from his long-held position as my most hated character.

If they attempt to make out that Sam, Daniel and Teal'c are the ones in the wrong and that they (and we) should all stand in awe of the wonder that is Mitchell and that they should follow the every command of their heroic leader I will be able to abandon all hope of any decent characterization for Cameron.

The scene could lead to some maturing for the character if, instead of patting him on the head, wiping his nose and tut-tutting about how nasty Sam, Daniel and Teal’c are being to him, Landry sits Cameron down and asks him straight out who he thinks the problem is; the three people who have been an effective team and who have worked well together for years or their supposed leader?

Cameron needs a wake-up call, pronto. Being a member of SG-1 is not a game and if he is incapable of seeing this, then the sooner he resigns, the better for all concerned.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mesenet
                  Hope the scripts are worthy of his return.
                  The scripts... worthy... of his return??? BWAHAHAHA!!!! Ohhhhh, thank you! I needed that laugh!

Comment

Sigh - I fear my life line of optimism for s10 is being to fray with the more I read from the Vancouver Con's latest tidbids and peeking at some spoilers.

RDA's return is a flicker of light - it will be good just to have his character back. Hope the scripts are worthy of his return.
                    I think my optimism lasted 2 hours. Oh well.

I hope I can stomach the show til he's on. If the writing improves I;/m all for him returning.

Suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

We actually have scripts in S10?! Since when did that happen, I thought scripts, especially good ones, were forbidden on the set since season 6 Besides who needs scripts when you've got Stargate: Friends. We all know a funny show >>>>>>>>> good stories, continuity and character development.
                      Signed,

Gregorius
                      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                        I'm apparently making the rounds tonight in an attempt to get out all my *****ing in one go. So, most recently:

Man, am I disappointed in the spoilers floating around out there for how TPTB are planning on "dealing" with the leadership mess. For those who don't know, Landry and Mitchell apparently end up alone together at his cabin in the mountains, where the poor boy pours his heart out to his father/commander about how he's in such a hard spot. The whole thing strikes me as just another spectacular opportunity for someone else, Landry this time, to remind Mitchell that he's wrong, it's all in his own fragile little head, that he's just the most wonderful thing in the Air Force and that all he needs is a little self-esteem and to believe in himself. Landry will pat Cam on the head, remind him that he's in charge and that he needs to act like it, and that the rest of SG-1 will fall in line in no time. Either that, or SG-1, finding itself Cambo-less, will get themselves into such a pickle that only Cameron, fresh with Landry's endorsement ringing in his ears, will turn up late into act five with a grin on his face and a broadsword in his hands to save the day.
                        Eek. OK, as usual, your whole post was great. I just can't stop thinking about this bit, because it's too perfect. It's too... possible. It's like Stronghold Part Deux, only it'll be made even more legit because it'll be Cameron and Landry having more and more of a heart to heart, further "solidifying" Cameron's place.

Again, I've gotta ask: Why did they wait so long to address this?

Oh yeah, I remember now...

At any rate, what you said about not addressing the rest of SG-1 is totally right. I'd never thought of it that way. But, so help me, if they suddenly bring Cameron in at the eleventh hour and have him "save the day," I may be borrowing ReganX's bucket.

Comment

Maybe my problem is I long ago lost hope that anything will be done to 'rescue' Stargate and the Team.
                          I had thought they should have cancelled SG at the end of S8 and I still think it is in trouble now.

Perhaps as you said Skydiver--the "new" fans think it is great but I am not so sure. A first time viewer watching what was S9 would change the channel sooner than us hard core fans who keep hoping. With the exception of the Farscape crowd but even some of them are none to happy at the direction of their favorites BB&CB.

Bringing back RDA simply confirms to me that S10 was in trouble. Perhaps what Levine wrote about "Stargate not being a sure thing" was in fact true.
                          I dont know but IMO and thats all it is, my opinion. The writng is on the wall for TPTB and S10 will be it if they even manage to finish it.

Comment

I think a lot of how 'great' the show is at present is due to when a fan starts watching. Fans from the very first episode have seen the show evolve, devolve, whatever, since it started on Showtime. Some fans came in on season six, some on later seasons. It reminds me of how this happens when cast changes have been done in other shows. THe only thing I can say is that it's never pretty - I still remember a LOT of vehemence from some fans in DUE SOUTH when a new character came in and the writers had the audacity (stupidity?) to give him the same name as the original character. Well, the only idea of how they introduced the new character wasn't very well thought out....

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                              yeah, i'm afraid that it will come off as 'why doesn't every one wuv me???????' wibble, wibble

stop trying to verbally convince me that he's great and grand and super, SHOW ME

Lose colonel goofball and replace him with a competant air force officer who has the intelligence to pour water out of his boot

CAmeron, as he's largely been written, is little more than Felger with better hair. He's lost in the hero worship, is impulsive and shows definite lapses in judgement. he's endangered his team - you know which is kinda the opposite of what he's supposed to to - to indulge his own fantasies.

Cameron - as he is written most of the time - is not a good leader. and no amount of whining and moaning will change that

All it does is enforce to me the idea that Cameron is like a lot of folks that i have where i work with....folks whose only qualifications for their job is who they know, not what they know. And 'friends of' people like this do little more than abuse (not physicaly) and ride on the coat tails of the qualified folks who are treated like crud but used to make the 'friend of' look good while they get ignored.

That's another reason i don't care for him being the leader. He's too much like what i have to deal with on a daily basis...incompetance rising over quality based solely on friendships

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
                                We actually have scripts in S10?! Since when did that happen, I thought scripts, especially good ones, were forbidden on the set since season 6 Besides who needs scripts when you've got Stargate: Friends. We all know a funny show >>>>>>>>> good stories, continuity and character development.
                                scripts???? who needs scripts???
                                just fill the show with 43 minutes of boobs, butts and bombs and it'll be a hit

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X