No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this short fic hilarious (No ship, but please note the author's warning)

Unless Unending by Kody Wright
    "The real SG1's reaction to the final of the series. Rated t for swear words. Do NOT READ if you LIKED the shows ending."

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
      I found this short fic hilarious (No ship, but please note the author's warning)

Unless Unending by Kody Wright
      "The real SG1's reaction to the final of the series. Rated t for swear words. Do NOT READ if you LIKED the shows ending."

Holy Cow! My fic got posted here and not by me! LOL. You guys are inspiring.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
        I read MS interview about Daniel and his snapping out at Vala and why?

what a bunch of horse hockey!
        I am glad that he thinks SG-1 went out on a high note. He must not look at the ratings.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
          I am glad that he thinks SG-1 went out on a high note. He must not look at the ratings.
          His take on the ratings is that the ratings were fine (and didn't drop).

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            Holy Cow! My fic got posted here and not by me! LOL. You guys are inspiring.
            That was you? That was awesome.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
              His take on the ratings is that the ratings were fine (and didn't drop).
              O'RLY

Sounds like some peoples (not him) take on his career having skyrocketting because he’s on 3 eps of 24.

Ok, that probably sounded more harsh then it should but as always I am a fan of characters not so much actors. I think MS character of Daniel Jackson was awesome not so much a fan of JACKSON. Just as I am big fan of Ayrun Sun but dislike Vala. I am sure the actors like playing their new characters which proves that we have little in common when it comes to taste. Which is fine but also shows the reason why I am not, in general, a fan of actors, but if they are good at their job, then I am sometimes a fan of the characters they play.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                That was you? That was awesome.
                That was me. Thank you. I was just ranting in the fic.

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                O'RLY

Sounds like some peoples (not him) take on his career having skyrocketting because he’s on 3 eps of 24.

Ok, that probably sounded more harsh then it should but as always I am a fan of characters not so much actors. I think MS character of Daniel Jackson was awesome not so much a fan of JACKSON. Just as I am big fan of Ayrun Sun but dislike Vala. I am sure the actors like playing their new characters which proves that we have little in common when it comes to taste. Which is fine but also shows the reason why I am not, in general, a fan of actors, but if they are good at their job, then I am sometimes a fan of the characters they play.
                It's easier to become a character fan than an actor fan by the very nature of the buisness. You see the character's emotions and drive. Not the actors.

There are very few actors that I would want to meet. I know many people would do anything to be in show and meet the actors. (Hubby every year: did you enter me in the contest? I'm computer challanged.) In all honesty, I would rather not be a walk on for the show. Though, seeing how the whole production is made and everyone involoved would be intresting. If I were to win such a contest. I would be hanging out with the donut cart guy.

There are a couple of stargate actors/actresses I would like to meet just because I do find them intresting off screen:

Amanda Tapping and Gary Jones
                James Spader
                Don Davis
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  That was me. Thank you. I was just ranting in the fic.

It's easier to become a character fan than an actor fan by the very nature of the buisness. You see the character's emotions and drive. Not the actors.

There are very few actors that I would want to meet. I know many people would do anything to be in show and meet the actors. (Hubby every year: did you enter me in the contest? I'm computer challanged.) In all honesty, I would rather not be a walk on for the show. Though, seeing how the whole production is made and everyone involoved would be intresting. If I were to win such a contest. I would be hanging out with the donut cart guy.

There are a couple of stargate actors/actresses I would like to meet just because I do find them intresting off screen:

Amanda Tapping and Gary Jones
                  James Spader
                  Don Davis
                  It's easier to become attached to a character rather than an actor because the characters are constants. Actors change roles all the time - their personality changes, their look changes, their accent can even change. It's hard to see someone you think you know and love acting totally different in another television show or film.

I would love to meet Gary Jones. He has such a keen sense of humor. I love his SG-1 and SGA commentaries. Deluise always asks him on the Atlantis commentaries...

http://i11.tinypic.com/4vra8wj.jpg

"Wait - you're not on this show. What are you doing here?"
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 26 June 2007, 09:42 AM.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Well and we don't really *know* the actors, but we can feel we know the characters b/c their lives exist only in what we see on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      Well and we don't really *know* the actors, but we can feel we know the characters b/c their lives exist only in what we see on screen.
                      true-we get to know the characters, but for some reason, some fans cannot seem to separate one from the other. That then becomes a major problem.
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Sure it's the character that first attracts the fan, but I also think that you can appreciate the work done by the actor to bring the character to life, and then becoming a fan of the actor you look for other work he/she has done, just to see what they do with another character and see them stretch their acting wings . I know I was totally blown away by AT's performance in he Vagina Monologues and not once was I seeing Sam in that performance
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

well, i'm not really seeing sam in helen magnus

other than a few actor's quirks, like how amand does the 'close her eyes and swallow' when she's spooked or tolerating something
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Personally, I feel the same way about Claudia Black. She's so talented in that there are no traces of her Farscape character Aeryn Sun in Vala and no traces of Vala MalDoran in Aeryn. It's amazing how drastically different the two characters are and how Claudia can still portray them both with a sense of sincerity.

As for Ben Browder... talented though he is, there is virtually no distinction between John Crichton from Farscape and Cameron Mitchell from Stargate SG-1, which is a large part of why I don't like him in S9 and S10.

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
                              Personally, I feel the same way about Claudia Black. She's so talented in that there are no traces of her Farscape character Aeryn Sun in Vala and no traces of Vala MalDoran in Aeryn. It's amazing how drastically different the two characters are and how Claudia can still portray them both with a sense of sincerity.

As for Ben Browder... talented though he is, there is virtually no distinction between John Crichton from Farscape and Cameron Mitchell from Stargate SG-1, which is a large part of why I don't like him in S9 and S10.
                              I see that more of a problem with the writers, maybe they wanted Cam to be like John and I didn't see them as really knowing who Cam was.
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                I see that more of a problem with the writers, maybe they wanted Cam to be like John and I didn't see them as really knowing who Cam was.
                                They wrote him a little like Ford in that way. He didn't have a distinct personality like the other members of the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X