X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    as to teal'c in unending

Spoiler:
    didn't they go back to just when it happened?

cause i do remember that it was forever in the bubble, moments outside it, so while teal'c has lived 50+ years, he's still in his normal time line

or did the 'future' teal'c wink out of existence as soon as he stopped the future from happening? cause he's from a future that will never happen
    Unfortunately that premise doesn't mesh with a certain movie spoiler. Or
    Spoiler:
    with him remembering stuff just before going through the gate.

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
      The Anti-S4 thread is not anti-Carter, there are other threads for that.
      Thanks for the invite I'm not Anti-S4. I ithnk handled well the changes will strengthen the show. While I don't like that they got rid of one of the characters I like the replacement already (and I don't mean Carter). I also don't really want to read all that whinging about Carter. While some I can see as valid concern, others, well, seem to be Carter-haters for other (readG-1) reasons. I'm not quite pro-S4 yet though. More like cautiously optomistic about S4.

On topic: I still feel the decision to cancel SG-1, while sad for those losing their jobs, might have been for the best. As much better as S10 was than S9 it was still based on a flawed premise. Nothing can change that except pulling a "Dallas". Scifithinker put it best to me: Irregular reenforcement of a learned behavior better results that constant reenforcement. I had a fairly solid run of good eps before S9. S9/S10 actually has had good points. Perhaps only a line or scene here and there, but it was enough to keep me watching. Now I'm out of my misery. But I'm still sad it went this way.

suse

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I put myself in the anti S4 camp because I think they're making the same mistakes they made with SG1 in S9 & 10. So many cast changes in such a short space of time, and some of the spoilers that are coming out make it sound like a bit of a soap opera IMO. Not to mention the new uniforms, more like Star Trek.

I'm not in favour of Sam in Atlantis because whilst I like Sam on SG1, I think that 10 years and 2 movies is more than enough for any SG1 character, not to mention she is effectively replacing Weir much as TPTB can say the two aren't linked.

In any case I doubt Atlantis will continue that much longer, it may get an S5 if they want that 100th ep, but given that the ratings are the same or lower than SG1 doesn't look good.

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          i'm neither pro or anti s4. or i'm both i guess

there's stuff i'm looking forward to, stuff i'm dreading adn stuff i really don't care about.
          Maybe we need a schizophrenic season 4 thread. Or a wishy-washy season 4 thread. Or a conflicted feelings about season 4 thread.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
            Maybe we need a schizophrenic season 4 thread. Or a wishy-washy season 4 thread. Or a conflicted feelings about season 4 thread.
            I was thinking the same thing.
            A Neutral S4 thread or a Cautiously Optimistic S4 thread or a Please dont kick me again TPTB S4 thread.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
              A Neutral S4 thread or a Cautiously Optimistic S4 thread or a Please dont kick me again TPTB S4 thread.
              The adult in me admires the cautiously optimistic title, but the kid in me squees over the don't kick me one.

We could always complicate Sky's life by starting all six threads and watching the fallout.
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

The adult in me admires the cautiously optimistic title, but the kid in me squees over the don't kick me one.

We could always complicate Sky's life by starting all six threads and watching the fallout.
                Sky would probably merge'em at one point or another...

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                  Yes, probably.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yes, probably.
                    Into the Why are these people giving me such a headache thread
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

How about the Fence Sitters Thread? A thread where you can hope for the best, see where TPTB are doing things right but can see the potential for disaster.

OMG lets have a discussion thread!! With, you know, like mature and responsible discussion!!

Meanwhile back on topic. I was going to drag out my copy of Unending and watch it at the same time it was showing in the US. Unfortunately I couldn't quite force myself to endure it again. As a final episode it really sucked and to me showed just how much RCC has killed off the spirit of the show.

The Stargate - blink and you'll miss it.
                      Team - What team? The 6 of them were on screen but team??
                      Goa'uld - gone except for Ba'al and I really wish he'd just go now that he is a joke
                      Tok'ra - who?
                      Jack - WHO?
                      Asgard - suicidal maniacs who give all those dangerous toys to us!!!!!

Yup SG-1 is gone, all gone.

*wanders off to drag out my DVD's - Classic Stargate Seasons 1 to 8*
                      -

Comment

How about the Season 4 What the hell do we have to lose, it's only a tv show thread?
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Many thanks to all who post here! I agree with so much of what is posted and (mostly) eloquently stated.

I can't get over how sad and disappointed and angry I am at what they did to SG-1 with Seasons 9 and 10.

I don't know Atlantis. I don't know if it will work well or not in Season 4. I don't know how Carter will work into their (new) formula.

I'm, unfortunately, not optomistic. Not after what they did to Carter and SG-1 over the past several years.

The new leader of SG-1 went over like a lead balloon. Mitchell is a character I detest.

spoilers used below because my ensuing text turned into vehement criticism against Mitchell
                          Spoiler:
                          I caught a piece of an episode a few weeks ago. A season 9 episode in syndication, I believe. It was the end of the episode, they'd all just returned through the 'Gate. Most of the team departed (after a few comments here and there), and Mitchell was left standing there by himself. Looking at his gun. I swear it looked to me like he wanted to have sex with it. It gave me the creeps. I couldn't turn it off fast enough.

My feelings and interpretations of that scene must have been slanted by his earlier demeanor... which came across as cocky, arrogant and dismissive (of everything).

OK, I'll stop the Mitchell bashing. I want to keep venting, but I know that it won't accomplish anything. Mitchell's still around. Both Browder and Mitchell have their ardent fans. Sigh.

back to Carter in Atlantis...?
                          Spoiler:

I think that the only way that Carter will be accepted, is if there is a Season 5 - and Carter is the commander for that and any other later seasons that they may have.

If she just comes in for 14 episodes of one season and the show is then cancelled, she'll be hated as part of the reason that the show was cancelled.

If she just comes in for 14 episodes of one season and is then replaced by a different commander for Season 5, then Atlantis fans will curse her part in Season 4, but revel in her absence and the continuation of their show.

If she is the commander in Season 4, and a Season 5, and a Season 6 and on to the end of the series...? Then she has a shot at being accepted by many of the Atlantis crowd and fan-base.

Here's a comparison with Star Trek, The Next Generation: Dr. Pulaski came in to replace Dr. Crusher for a year. Fans kicked up a hue and cry against the new doctor (who I thought was a kick -- a fiesty woman who wasn't a 20-something-bombshell-in-a-clingy-shape-hugging-suit. Crusher was a character that left me indifferent to her presence). So lots of fans apparently hated the new doctor (Pulaski). At the beginning of the next season, back comes Dr. Crusher. Fans rejoice. All is peaceful in the kingdom again. And Pulaski disappeared from the fabric of the ST:TNG starscape. Hardly ever mentioned or remembered (and when she is it's usually with a 'good riddance' vehement tone). That's what I fear could happen to Carter if she's only on Atlantis for Season 4, and then not the commander in Season 5 (if they have one).
                          Last edited by astrogeologist; 24 June 2007, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
                            Many thanks to all who post here! I agree with so much of what is posted and (mostly) eloquently stated.

I can't get over how sad and disappointed and angry I am at what they did to SG-1 with Seasons 9 and 10.

I don't know Atlantis. I don't know if it will work well or not in Season 4. I don't know how Carter will work into their (new) formula.

I'm, unfortunately, not optomistic. Not after what they did to Carter and SG-1 over the past several years.

The new leader of SG-1 went over like a lead balloon. Mitchell is a character I detest.

spoilers used below because my ensuing text turned into vehement criticism against Mitchell
                            Spoiler:
                            I caught a piece of an episode a few weeks ago. A season 9 episode in syndication, I believe. It was the end of the episode, they'd all just returned through the 'Gate. Most of the team departed (after a few comments here and there), and Mitchell was left standing there by himself. Looking at his gun. I swear it looked to me like he wanted to have sex with it. It gave me the creeps. I couldn't turn it off fast enough.

My feelings and interpretations of that scene must have been slanted by his earlier demeanor... which came across as cocky, arrogant and dismissive (of everything).

OK, I'll stop the Mitchell bashing. I want to keep venting, but I know that it won't accomplish anything. Mitchell's still around. Both Browder and Mitchell have their ardent fans. Sigh.

Spoiler:

I think that the only way that Carter will be accepted, is if there is a Season 5 - and Carter is the commander for that and any other later seasons that they may have.

If she just comes in for 14 episodes of one season and the show is then cancelled, she'll be hated as part of the reason that the show was cancelled.

If she just comes in for 14 episodes of one season and is then replaced by a different commander for Season 5, then Atlantis fans will curse her part in Season 4, but revel in her absence and the continuation of their show.

If she is the commander in Season 4, and a Season 5, and a Season 6 and on to the end of the series...? Then she has a shot at being accepted by many of the Atlantis crowd and fan-base.

Here's a comparison with Star Trek, The Next Generation: Dr. Pulaski came in to replace Dr. Crusher for a year. Fans kicked up a hue and cry against the new doctor (who I thought was a kick -- a fiesty woman who wasn't a 20-something-bombshell-in-a-clingy-shape-hugging-suit. Crusher was a character that left me indifferent to her presence). So lots of fans apparently hated the new doctor (Pulaski). At the beginning of the next season, back comes Dr. Crusher. Fans rejoice. All is peaceful in the kingdom again. And Pulaski disappeared from the fabric of the ST:TNG starscape. Hardly ever mentioned or remembered (and when she is it's usually with a 'good riddance' vehement tone). That's what I fear could happen to Carter if she's only on Atlantis for Season 4, and then not the commander in Season 5 (if they have one).
                            you have a point. that is also primarily why I staying away from the anti-4 for atlantis. in all honesty, I am not vested in Atlantis-it didn't grab me the way sg-1 did and frankly Tori HIggins, although her character grew on me, I liked Jessica Steen, her character, unfortunately, didn't grow. Shephard and McKay walked all over her. The many times that Shephard had been insubordinate and dismissing I wanted to take a stick to him.

people are going to react the way they want to, see things the way they want to-truthfully we know that the addition of the new characters to sg-1 didn't cause the decline in viewers or the ratings-it was the writing of the characters, the presentation of the characters and the fairly lame story lines.

Take Pete-I didn't mind so much Sam having a boyfriend (wait, wait I am a shipper-I have a point)-but the way they wrote Pete. It was my feeling that he was supposed to have been a one hit wonder-but because of the way his character was presented, as a stalker (my opinion), fans went nuts. and then the geniuses in Vancouver took it as a personal afront and an attack on David DeLuise and kept bringing him back to piss us off. The response was never personal, but taken that way.

There is the concern that Amanda is going to get the same backlash. They got rid of Tori to put Sam in Atlantis. Maybe so-but please let us cross that bridge before we burn it, afterall, we haven't built the darn thing yet.
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yea Astro, that is how Cam came off in that scene, it's not only you seeing it that way It is a shame that Coop's new vision belonged more in a cartoon anime type show than in SG1. (or maybe mighty mouse shouting "here I come to save the day!")

As for Sam being blamed, yea that's already begun, but I do beleive (from Joe's blog) that the renewal for a S5 depends on this season's ratings and not S4's, so hopefully, if it does fail they won't be able to blame Sam and Amanda....well those that have rational thoughts anyway.

I also can't go into the anti s4 thread, because it is mostly Sam bashing, and I prefer not to read that. But like many threads, its usually the same people being very vocal, so I don't know how that transmits into the actual number of people against Sam
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

winces

or something

Yes, probably.
                                something rather devious and and dangerous

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Into the Why are these people giving me such a headache thread
                                why can't i take away peoples' thread starting powers????

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                How about the Fence Sitters Thread? A thread where you can hope for the best, see where TPTB are doing things right but can see the potential for disaster.
                                Mmhm, Season Four Fence Sitters

has potential
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X