S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    Yeah. They've definitely 'moved beyond' the Stargate. Too bad.

This is a modified crosspost of what I but on the Unending thread. Danger! A few nice things said about the ep! Danger! Ener at your own risk!
    I didn't think it was as bad as i thought it would be. Hope that made sense. SGA was much better though. I ain't buyin' what Coop is sellin'.
    Spoiler:
    The Asgard might think the human race has the potential to be the 5th race, but I don't buy they would hand over all that technology. I think the world outside the SGC (the ones who *control* the SGC) have shown that they cannot be trusted with that kind of power. Kinsey. Mayborne. The NID. The IOA. The Trust. No way would the Asgard give us that. It's like giving 5 year olds lighters. Filled with nitroglycerine. This whole ep (imo) was setup for Ark of Truth.
    \
    Oh Yee have little Faith
    Under the Ice of Antarctica....
    O'Neill: I cant go on....
    Carter: You spent 7 Years on MacGyver and you cant figure this one out. We got belt buckles, and shoelaces and a piece of gum build me a Nuclear reactor for crying out loud. You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimik but now your Mister MacUseless.

Comment

Unending was such a wasted opportunity, it really shouldn't have been as bad as it was but why expect anything different after what we've had in S10.

I watched in when it aired in the UK, wished I hadn't and will never ever watch it again, even if you paid me

The whole thing was so self-indulgent and in satisfying in JM's words "that contingent" the rest of us obviously don't matter. It was like bad fanfic, it was one persons view of how things would turn out after 50 years, and frankly I don't care what they might be like in 50 years.

OK there's movies, but for the final ever ep I hoped for better, what happened to the team going off and saving the world, not stuck on some damn spaceship. But then since S9, it hasn't been a team, just people who happen to work together and aren't really friends IMO.

I really can't forgive them for
      Spoiler:
      killing off the asgard, not to mention not even mentioning Jack, Jack who?

I feel sad for the cast and crew that the show's ended and thank the actors who've done their best with the somewhat lacking writing they've been given, but I'm not sorry there isn't an S11........

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Season 10 is over.
        The movies are a non issue so no point making a anti thread for them I suppose.
        Will there be a forum area for the movies while the S10 area gets merged with the S9 area?

Hopefully they will keep S1-8 separate from S9-S10.

I go to the atlantis area but havent found a thread to subscribe to there yet. I am not really Anti nor pro about that show at this point. I guess I lean more pro since I did like this season and am not yet hating the spoilers I am seeing. But it is basically the same TPTB that destroyed SG-1 so I have fear for Atlantis. I loved Carson and liked Weir well enough and dont want to see Carter Cam-a-fied.

Besides most of the pro people already have me on ignore and some of the anti people are seriously over the edge carter haters. (Why is their wishing for carters death ok but anyone wishing for Vala\Cams death is evil?). I feel bad for the majority of the Anti guys though because they may have legitimate complaints. I just hope they aren't the same people who were dissing the Anti SG-1 people over the exact same concerns...although that is extremely funny when you think about it.

So, how bout you guys? Where will you migrate too once this thread dies? Or does SG-1 being over mean your time here on gateworld is done? I have thought about not posting here anymore, almost stopped for a bit but got sucked back in a few weeks ago. Seem to be posting more now then ever. Maybe the two month break will weaken that connection especially once all the video games I want hit. Letting go is always so sad. Unless of course what you were holding onto had already disintergrated like SG-1, then its just a relief.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
          Season 10 is over.
          Will there be a forum area for the movies while the S10 area gets merged with the S9 area?

I go to the atlantis area but havent found a thread to subscribe to there yet. I am not really Anti nor pro about that show at this point. I guess I lean more pro since I did like this season and am not yet hating the spoilers I am seeing. But it is basically the same TPTB that destroyed SG-1 so I have fear for Atlantis. I loved Carson and liked Weir well enough and dont want to see Carter Cam-a-fied.

Besides most of the pro people already have me on ignore and some of the anti people are seriously over the edge carter haters. (Why is their wishing for carters death ok but anyone wishing for Vala\Cams death is evil?). I feel bad for the majority of the Anti guys though because they may have legitimate complaints. I just hope they aren't the same people who were dissing the Anti SG-1 people over the exact same concerns...although that is extremely funny when you think about it.

So, how bout you guys? Where will you migrate too once this thread dies? Or does SG-1 being over mean your time here on gateworld is done? I have thought about not posting here anymore, almost stopped for a bit but got sucked back in a few weeks ago. Seem to be posting more now then ever. Maybe the two month break will weaken that connection especially once all the video games I want hit. Letting go is always so sad. Unless of course what you were holding onto had already disintergrated like SG-1, then its just a relief.
          I don't know why but I get the feeling I'll post a lot on The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Comment

Season 10 is over.

Hey! Of course there will be an anti thread for the movies I wonder when the Bori Extravaganza is being released? I'm also wondering if it will be released worldwide or the usual BS region staged thingy. I'm curious only, I sure ain't buying the first one but I'll check the second one out and maybe buy it.

I'll be hanging around GW and it depends on how Atlantis pans out as to where I'll be posting.
            -

Comment

Season 10 is over.

I've not been invested enough in Atlantis to be pro or con. I like Carter, strong and smart. And hope for some decent stories.

I guess it is movies number two that will make it of break it for me. I'm still stuck on O'Neill

As for Unending
              Spoiler:
              - could some one tell me, if they could fabricate anything why the hell didn't they make a pair of scissors and cut their hair?? It just looked stupid to me. I know a lot of older people (looking in the mirror) and these folks on the Odyssey looked like makeup put on with a trowel.

It did seem like bad fan fiction and rather pointless (I'm still not sure what the solution was but why did it take all those years to think of it) and don't get me started on the Asgaard!!!!! but still I felt saddened at the end - an old dear friend gone (kinda senile at the end) but remembered fondly.
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I need two anti-season 10 people to go and vote against season 10 in the 'H&H Best Seasons of SG1' game right now!!!! So it's finally eliminated!!!

GO GO GO!!! I've already used up my vote for today!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=44050&page=36

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Check and tell me if I did that right. I was trying to vote against two and give an OK to 5 since it looked to be neglected.

EDIT: I can count, I really can, just wasnt paying attention to how the game worked.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

as to teal'c in unending

Spoiler:
                    didn't they go back to just when it happened?

cause i do remember that it was forever in the bubble, moments outside it, so while teal'c has lived 50+ years, he's still in his normal time line

or did the 'future' teal'c wink out of existence as soon as he stopped the future from happening? cause he's from a future that will never happen
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Check and tell me if I did that right. I was trying to vote against two and give an OK to 5 since it looked to be neglected.
                      Thanks AGateFan! Will green you! And I corrected your vote. You just take a point off one season and add a point to another, but you didn't change the scores. Seeing as you put the plus/minus sign next to the corresponding seasons I could correct it easily. Thanks!

All I need is 1 More Person!

Edit: YAAY! Thanks Zoser!
                      Last edited by Nikki; 23 June 2007, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                        Thanks AGateFan! Will green you! And I corrected your vote. You just take a point off one season and add a point to another, but you didn't change the scores. Seeing as you put the plus/minus sign next to the corresponding seasons I could correct it easily. Thanks!

All I need is 1 More Person!
                        Done!
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                          Done!
                          YAAY! Thanks Zoser! Have greened you!

Comment

I watched the episodes last night before unending, and they just left me with the feeling of yes, this is what the SG1 team is! And that line that they keep pushing and pushing on us....waning, you may puke if you read it againCam getting the band back For me, Cam was the reason for the split up of the band, he was SG1's Yoko Ono

Unending was a disappointment in many ways:

Spoiler:
                            The killing of the asgard, this was just ridiculous, if the asgard can go back in time, why didn't they go back before they contracted this supposed disease Remember in Shades of Grey, when they said, we don't need thier stuff, we need them (their allies) I just wish Coop remembered that

I think it also showed just how useless Cam really was, all he was good for was whigning and repeating his sickening line, as if, if he says it often enough people will beleive him...its seems too much like the little kid repeating over and over again, "but it was my idea"

Daniel and Vala did indeed make the buckets necessary, I have to admit, I swiched channels when they were on...anything to help get through the episode.

I think the only true team moments I felt was between Sam and Teal'c, just that one hug, showed more team feeling than we have seen in all of S9 and 10.

I did however enjoy the commercials, and the sneak peaks of Amanda in SGA, lets hope they do a better job with that show, than they did with Stargate Command.

And AGateFan, I don't know about the other threads, but it would be nice to keep this group together while discussing the new season of SGA...perhaps The Former Antis S10 Group discussing SGA
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              And AGateFan, I don't know about the other threads, but it would be nice to keep this group together while discussing the new season of SGA...perhaps The Former Antis S10 Group discussing SGA
                              I'm inviting all of you to join me in the Anti S4 thread of SGA since two anti threads seem a bit much to me for one season.
                              Signed,

Gregorius
                              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                                I'm inviting all of you to join me in the Anti S4 thread of SGA since two anti threads seem a bit much to me for one season.
                                The problem with the anti S4 thread, is that we may not be anti s4 yet, and it does seem to be rather anti Carter, which many of us are not either.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X