Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    well, stargate command wasn't made for me

it's being made for the teen/young male viewer who thinks that the world and show revolves around boobs, butts and bombs

too bad there aren't as many of those out there as tptb think there are, or the show would be doing a hell of a lot better in the ratings and wouldn't have been canned
    not to mention, they are most likely not sitting around watching tv, they are more likely to be on the computer
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
      it used to be you didn't bother mom on Monday's between 6 and 10 and you didn't bother mom on friday's either-now-wait-isn't House on tonite-how about Top Chef or Project Runway.

I am such a lemming-sitting here on the fence cawing about a show that frankly, I don't really care enough to watch but sadly, care enough.
      If the phone rang during those time the response as always - WTF don't they know Stargate is on!!
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        not to mention, they are most likely not sitting around watching tv, they are more likely to be on the computer
        yep. or playing wii and having fun with ther friends, at the movies, at the mall
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Of course, depending on one's mindset, that could be interpreted to mean people were watching in droves to soak up every last bit of RDA's presence because they knew soon they wouldn't get to see him at all when he left; hence the lower ratings in S9 and 10. Statistics are so fun to twist around.
          exactly.

except they didn't know that.
          Originally posted by Zoser View Post
          If the phone rang during those time the response as always - WTF don't they know Stargate is on!!
          i used to literally take the phone off the hook and the batteries out the remote. now i change the channel or i forget it for weeks on end (until i finally see it on the DVR list). sadly, that carries over to SGA, even though i still like it.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Well you're probably like me, I care about Stargate SG1 not about Stargate Command
            Exactly!!
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

My problem is that I keep thinking I can wait out these problems, that if I just watch long enough, they'll figure it out and start showing the good stuff again. It's irrational, I know, but hope springs eternal, blah, blah, blah.

Let's face it, most of us haven't totally given up yet. We're all still here bemoaning what could have been. Because when Stargate is good, it's absolutely stellar.

I should rewrite that, huh? Because when Stargate was good...
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                My problem is that I keep thinking I can wait out these problems, that if I just watch long enough, they'll figure it out and start showing the good stuff again. It's irrational, I know, but hope springs eternal, blah, blah, blah.

Let's face it, most of us haven't totally given up yet. We're all still here bemoaning what could have been. Because when Stargate is good, it's absolutely stellar.

I should rewrite that, huh? Because when Stargate was good...
                It's called denial. Still hoping that TPTB will suddenly release a press statement that: "Season 9 and 10 was actually just a marketing test. And with no further adiue, here is the real stargate SG-1."

But, that will never come to pass. Instead we got Copper and the boys trying to hard sell everything about thier new vision of the Stagate Universe. Matter of fact; it seems to me that it's such a hard sell--that the next series will be all about the Stargate Universe.

Denial is very powerful. Makes me just sit through some of the worst programming just to catch a glimps at the old team. I guess I need to start a 12 step program.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                  S BTW I predict that by "Unending" there'll be at least an episode with a 0.8 rating - I mean come on "LITS" got 1.1 and from what people post was a GREAT Carter whump episode(compared to the rest of the crappy new show of S9&10),
                  And as I recall, they didn't even promote it as a Carter episode. I only knew b/c of the GW community. If casual viewers were looking to a promo to nudge them into watching, as I recall the promo was sort of ho hum.

Comment

yeah, there was no mention of the sam storyline

just the line in the sand and a 'last stand' against the ori by the villagers

the closest thing we saw to the sam part was the shot of her with the ori soldier behind her
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                      Yup, now I get a phone call and forget I was watching it.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        Oh, but they didn't BURN the history books. They had Mitchell read the all reports--so, just like Rodney, he knows everything!
                        The more Mitchell knows about SG-1 and the more training he has had, the more inexcusable his moronic actions become.

Is it just me or does he come off as (a) stalkerish because of the whole memorizing all SG-1 mission reports and obsessing over getting the band back together thing, (b) childish and brattish for his infantile refusal to accept that the members of SG-1 had moved on and (c) idiotic for his insistence on telling the people who experienced the missions firsthand what happened?

And--in Cooper's world--Sam wasn't demoted. She was ASKED to come back to SG-1 because Mitchell begged her like a total retard. Then they showed Landry on the end or the phone--talking to an imaginary Jack O'Neill--then implied that Jack sent her back because of the Ori.
                        My viewpoint is slightly different. At the end of Season Eight, Sam was in command of SG-1. In Season Nine, she was, at best, co-commander and at worst 2IC - a position she held as a captain.

Looks like a demotion to me.

In the real stagate canon, Jack would have never have sent her there without a promotion and he would have questioned Landry's leadership ability. He would have been taking over the SGC himself and asking Hammond to come back to help.

Mitchell would have been demoted faster than a jack rabbit on hot pavement in the middle of summer--in the middle of the desert. Vala would have been facing actual jail time. Daniel would have been set straight and told to grow up. Teal'c would have had something more improtant to do.
                        In real Stargate canon, an inexperienced newbie would never have been given command of the flagship team because, unlike the beginning of the show and Season One of Atlantis, there was simply no need to have an underqualified officer in a position he was inadequately prepared for.

Sam seems to have had the same position at Area 51 as (full) Colonel Maybourne had, so you're right about a promotion. However, without incorporating my own fanfic-based explanation, I cannot come up with a plausible reason why Sam would ever give up SG-1 in the first place and, even if she did, why she would leave a week before the new guy was due to show up instead of sticking around, helping choose the new team and taking them all out on at least a few missions to help train them and to quietly evaluate whether or not Mitchell was suitable for command.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          well, stargate command wasn't made for me

it's being made for the teen/young male viewer who thinks that the world and show revolves around boobs, butts and bombs

too bad there aren't as many of those out there as tptb think there are, or the show would be doing a hell of a lot better in the ratings and wouldn't have been canned
                          How many teen/young males stay in to watch TV instead of going out?

How much disposable income do they tend to have?

How many other shows are trying to woo them?

Seems to me that they're a terrible choice of demographic to rely on.

Comment

Well you're probably like me, I care about Stargate SG1 not about Stargate Command
                            I love Stargate: SG-1.

Even my cat hates Stargate Command - it's so cute, she actually stalks out of the room.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                              I don't know if it was any of thos things for me it was Not resolving S/J SHIP.
                              I mean why did they have to kill Jacob if they didn't resolve the ship ??? Have Sam marry Pete => Jack kills himself (not like they had any real plans with RDA/Jack - I mean come on Jack taking a deskjob in Washington ???), Jacob takes command of the SGC (I'm pretty sure CA is cheaper and more appealing to SG-1 fans than Beau Bridges)
                              LE: And they would have still had the father/daughter relationship at the SGC just like Landry/Lam
                              I don't remember Sam being a spoilt brat or either her or Jacob being unprofessional or soap operaish.

We most definitely would not have had a father/daughter relationship like Lam and Landry's.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                And as I recall, they didn't even promote it as a Carter episode. I only knew b/c of the GW community. If casual viewers were looking to a promo to nudge them into watching, as I recall the promo was sort of ho hum.
                                Well, it would have been pretty humiliating if an episode advertised as featuring Sam heavily led to a ratings jump when they'd been shoving her into the background and insisting that they didn't know what to do with her, wouldn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X