S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    I agree. Kawalski was only a major and he was going to head one of the first teams.

Early concepts of Mitchell had him a Major. Needless to say he was 'promoted' as soon as they realized the whole team would be together and Sam would outrank him.

suse
    Even with the sudden promotion he had no right to be leading Sam.
    sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Exactly. There should have been heck to pay.

Yeah, it was hard to see how Daniel, Sam or Teal'c could have any respect for Cam.
      Where we saw any hint of them having a problem with Cam it was played for laughs instead of being dealt with.
      In my mind, I can visualize the rest of SG-1 having a serious conversation with Landry about Mitchell after the events of "Off the Grid," and that conversation would include words like Atlantis, Dakara and returning to Area 51. Let's face it, they can't help Earth's cause in the least if they're dead, and I certainly would expect Teal'c to calmly- and bluntly- state that.

Rarely do officers get to lead in the real military if their incompetence gets their troops killed. I don't see Sam, Daniel and Teal'c waiting around for that to happen.
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        In my mind, I can visualize the rest of SG-1 having a serious conversation with Landry about Mitchell after the events of "Off the Grid," and that conversation would include words like Atlantis, Dakara and returning to Area 51. Let's face it, they can't help Earth's cause in the least if they're dead, and I certainly would expect Teal'c to calmly- and bluntly- state that.

Rarely do officers get to lead in the real military if their incompetence gets their troops killed. I don't see Sam, Daniel and Teal'c waiting around for that to happen.
        And Landry staring back at them totally clueless.

Comment

And yet, waiting around for Mitchell's incompetence to get them killed is exactly what they do. Season 9/10 Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c are more likely to be found baking Mitchell cookies and playing basketball with him than they are to be impugning his awesomeness by saying/thinking he's not fit for command.
          Originally posted by Callista
          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
          Originally posted by HPMom
          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
            And Landry staring back at them totally clueless.
            I don't think it would take too long for Jack to figure out what's going on based on the reports he'd be getting at Homeworld Security. He knows his former team well enough to read between the lines. Once that happened, the fur would fly.
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I don't think it would take too long for Jack to figure out what's going on based on the reports he'd be getting at Homeworld Security. He knows his former team well enough to read between the lines. Once that happened, the fur would fly.
              Landry and Cam are furry?
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                If they don't shave/wax...

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

There are some major eye brows involved.

Comment

There are some major eye brows involved.
                    I see. So I assume Landry needs to ask his daughter where she gets her brows done and then go there himself?
                    Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I see. So I assume Landry needs to ask his daughter where she gets her brows done and then go there himself?
                      Something tells me that if he waxed they'd just come back twice as thick.

Comment

Something tells me that if he waxed they'd just come back twice as thick.
                        Laser removal?
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Laser removal?
                          I think that would work if the laser could withstand such a rigorous application.

Comment

I think that would work if the laser could withstand such a rigorous application.
                            Well, they do have Felger working on a new type of laser/weapon there.
                            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

That's what I don't get. Mitchell saved their lives *once*. They saved his - by saving the planet - *how* many times? I'm sure we are in double digits here. Why the awed attitude? It's their jobs. And we certainly never saw it with those who went after then to save them before.

<sigh> I guess I still can't see how TPTB could thing he - as written - was a good idea. <<headdesk>>

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

The main problem with Mitchell is that introduced him in the wrong way and gave him the wrong background. Had they mentioned him in S8 as part of a special team of the SGC, people might've accepted him.

Instead they went the "Rookie pilot" Marty Sue way. They really, really, couldn't have thought that people were going to accept that a rookie, unless he was a supergenius created by Anubis or was implanted with a symbiot, was going to lead the FLAGSHIP team over someone who had over 8 years of experience.
                                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X