X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Don't worry--I greened ya!

Back on topic,

I also would agree about Adria. She's not the villian I was hoping for and Ba'al is becoming just as boring.

Vala, according to coop, is the embodiment of all the Ori. Well, body is all. The whole villian seems to be a take of of Vala. Black leather and the long black hair.

I also noticed MS seemed to have better timing with Adria. Also, I noticed that when ever Adria has a scene...Vala get's wallpapered like Sam.

I would say, Adria was thier new favorite toy.
    Thanks for the green,you too AGateFan

I think the problem the writers had, was they had 3 women on their hands and they have a hard enough time writing for 1 woman, or more than 2 characters, what makes them think they could write for 3 women
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Oh I have an announcement to make

I've been told in a red (from this thread) to BE MORE POSITIVE

um...*looks at title* yep this is the anti S 10 thread, where does it say positive????

Oh the poor little noob must have accidentally wondered into the wrong thread and didn't know what to do with himself or how to handle it

It seems Killdeer is safe here, but not the rest of us

ETA: Hmmm...maybe I should wonder into pro threads and tell them to be more cynical
      na, I wouldn't go down to their level.
      It must have been mallozzi - he's falling all over himself at his blog making sure people watch and tell their friends (and strangers) to watch in the dreary little hope that they get a - are you ready - a 1.7. Aaahhh - how far the mighty have fallen when they are, what appears to be begging IMO, for people to watch and tell their friends all in the HOPES of getting a 1.7. He's also setting it up in such a way that if they fail he can blame - taadaaa - the promotion of the show. Imagine that, the "little show that could" made it up that hill all by itself for 8 years to the highest ratings in its history through word of mouth for the most part (with potential for continued growth and acclaim) but after 2 years of the "new and improved" show with more promotion then ever especially for S10 and ep 200 it all of a sudden suffers from lack of promotion . . . huh?? What it is that they say about sharks or dogs, they can smell it - I smell it too and it's coming from Bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc View Post
        It must have been mallozzi - he's falling all over himself at his blog making sure people watch and tell their friends (and strangers) to watch in the dreary little hope that they get a - are you ready - a 1.7. Aaahhh - how far the mighty have fallen when they are, what appears to be begging IMO, for people to watch and tell their friends all in the HOPES of getting a 1.7. He's also setting it up in such a way that if they fail he can blame - taadaaa - the promotion of the show. Imagine that, the "little show that could" made it up that hill all by itself for 8 years to the highest ratings in its history through word of mouth for the most part (with potential for continued growth and acclaim) but after 2 years of the "new and improved" show with more promotion then ever especially for S10 and ep 200 it all of a sudden suffers from lack of promotion . . . huh?? What it is that they say about sharks or dogs, they can smell it - I smell it too and it's coming from Bridge.
        Sorry bink, but I have to disagree with you, weren't they cancelled after 200? So I think that would be 1 1/2 years
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Thanks for the green,you too AGateFan

I think the problem the writers had, was they had 3 women on their hands and they have a hard enough time writing for 1 woman, or more than 2 characters, what makes them think they could write for 3 women
          Your welcome,

i think they have a hard time writing for anything more than two lead characters. Both leads need to play off one another. Like Sheppard/McKay and Daniel/Jack.

They got to comfortable just writing for the leads for so long that the other characters suffered. I understand how hard it really is to write for more than one or two major characters. (doing that right now) but it can be done.

One thing that did stick out in my mind from thier mythology special was how they described Stargate as an "epic."

I'm currently writing an "epic" and that's one of the reasons I have so many major characters to write for. The intresting part of stargate is...it's not an epic in terms that I would associate an epic. More like a series.

It's a TV series. There have been too many major bad guys and the time was only ben ten years and the leads were supposed have been Jack and Daniel. It was supposed to have centered on a stargate.

Now, it's Star Trek...a modern version of Star Trek. Not a classical epic adventure like Lord of the Rings or Jason and the Argunauts. (forgive my spelling).

I got the impression that Cooper thinks of Stargate as a modern mytology epic adventure that should rival the great greek epics of ancient times. It's not--it's star trek.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I can't help but read his hope and do this
            1.7 would be quite something for either show now. In the first half of SG-1 S10 they only managed 1.7 or over twice, and one of them was the 200th ep so that barely counts. SGA managed it only once.

He's also readied the blame gun against the downloaders.
            Sorry bink, but I have to disagree with you, weren't they cancelled after 200? So I think that would be 1 1/2 years
            Actually, 1 1/4 years. It was gone before 200 (the 6th ep of S10).
            Heh, not making it sound any better am I?

Comment

Daniel, oops I mean JACKSON!!, I cannot really stand to watch Micheal Shanks anymore (that is who I think I am watching, not Daniel).

He's not Daniel. Nor is he Jackson. He's Jack 2.0, complete with sticking his head in the head sucker. Didn't save the world in this episode; it'll take the remainder of the season.

Heh. Jack could do it in two.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post

I did get on Gateworld, because I am pretty much always checking Gateworld and my video game websites. Was it me or was this place relatively dead last night? I could be wrong, the amount of "browsing" I do has been limited and I mostly just check on the threads I like.
                the site was pretty slow over all, and the episode threads didn't have comments until HOURS after the east coast airing. I was curious and looked. both quest and return didn't have timely comments.

so either everyone on this forum had already seen the eps through alternative means or they just didn't give a fig enough to come in and talk

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                You mean the one that got them cancelled? Yep great direction
                Hey, at least they refrained from calling us stupid peopel with issues for not loving and adoring the new direction. Better than they've done in the print media

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                I would say, Adria was thier new favorite toy.
                snort. with coop, whomever has boobs stuffed in leather is his favored toy. Sam won't do that so he ignores her and promotes vala...until something younger and boobier comes along, then it's all about her.

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                I can't help but read his hope and do this
                1.7 would be quite something for either show now. In the first half of SG-1 S10 they only managed 1.7 or over twice, and one of them was the 200th ep so that barely counts. SGA managed it only once.

He's also readied the blame gun against the downloaders.

Actually, 1 1/4 years. It was gone before 200 (the 6th ep of S10).
                Heh, not making it sound any better am I?

LOLOL

i saw that a long time ago. they will blame anyone and everyone down to the caterer to avoid admitting that THEY are the reason the show has died. THEY are no longer making something that the majority of viewers like and it's not our fault, it's theirs. Cause their job is to m ake something that a lot of folks like, it's not our job to like their stuff
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

1.3 years - didn't one of the episodes of the new improved show get a 1.3 in the ratings? How fitting.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                    He's not Daniel. Nor is he Jackson. He's Jack 2.0, complete with sticking his head in the head sucker. Didn't save the world in this episode; it'll take the remainder of the season.

Heh. Jack could do it in two.
                    Jack wouldn't have all but laid out the red carpet for the Ori in the first place.

All Daniel and Vala had to do was keep their mouths shut and the Ori wouldn't have focused their attention on our galaxy.

I would love to see an AU where Daniel didn't blab, the Ori went to another galaxy and got their behinds royally kicked by an advanced race living there.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                      Jack wouldn't have all but laid out the red carpet for the Ori in the first place.

All Daniel and Vala had to do was keep their mouths shut and the Ori wouldn't have focused their attention on our galaxy.

I would love to see an AU where Daniel didn't blab, the Ori went to another galaxy and got their behinds royally kicked by an advanced race living there.
                      Yeah they should have killed themselves - thus no Ori in our galaxy !!!
                      Or they should have imprisoned Vala when she arrived at the SGC for what she did in "Prometheus Unbound"...

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                        I did get on Gateworld, because I am pretty much always checking Gateworld and my video game websites. Was it me or was this place relatively dead last night? I could be wrong, the amount of "browsing" I do has been limited and I mostly just check on the threads I like.
                        When I got back into GW last night, after the west coast showings, I was surprised at how quiet the episode threads were. Before the west coast people would be jabbering away about the episodes they had just seen.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                          Or they should have imprisoned Vala when she arrived at the SGC for what she did in "Prometheus Unbound"...
                          #2 would certainly have been called for.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

No Jackson or Vaniel either.

Comment

Oh that would have been a good idea, because then Coop could have had Vala in chains and get his enjoyment out of the character there and our universe would have safe from the Bori
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Oh that would have been a good idea, because then Coop could have had Vala in chains and get his enjoyment out of the character there and our universe would have safe from the Bori
                                Or Vala could still use the bracelet to bind Jackson to her so he'd have to be locked up too.

Comment

Working...
                                X