Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    I still prefer this explanation -
    Poor Felger. How low his self-esteem must have been to imagine himself as Mitchell!

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
      Who will die in the movie? And what will it be a homage too Dargo? Walsh? Data?
      Wait. Hold on. Data? Data is dead? Really? I've not seen the last Next Gen movie, never got around to it. They offed Data?

No, that's just nutty. I must be misuderstanding you.

/puts down bong

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
        Wait. Hold on. Data? Data is dead? Really? I've not seen the last Next Gen movie, never got around to it. They offed Data?

No, that's just nutty. I must be misuderstanding you.

/puts down bong
        Oops, sorry. Didn’t know I needed spoilers since all those shows are at least 2 years old. Oh well, it may be better if you don’t watch it. I suspect you could find some "flaws" in the offing. It was one of the more spectacularly stupid deaths (if memory serves).
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Oops, sorry. Didn’t know I needed spoilers since all those shows are at least 2 years old. Oh well, it may be better if you don’t watch it. I suspect you could find some "flaws" in the offing. It was one of the more spectacularly stupid deaths (if memory serves).
          No, no worries about the spoilers. That wasn't my point. And I seriously doubt I'll check it out now. Thanks for the warning.

Really? Data? Damn, that's just wrong on so many levels.

Comment

So, are the writers really TRYING to erase everything that makes Stargate unique and different from other sci-fi shows? Why do they feel the need to destroy everything Stargate? If they get sick of people asking "where’s the asgard" why don’t they just ignore them like they ignore other cannon with no explanation? Why not leave SOMETHING for future attempts to revive the franchise? How much must they destroy before they feel vindicated or whatever they are going for?

Who will die in the movie? And what will it be a homage too Dargo? Walsh? Data?

Why do they feel the need to hamstring any future attempts with the franchise? With each act of destruction the Stargate universe becomes blander and smaller until there is nothing left to make the new show about....unless that’s the plan. Are they personally so tired of the Stargate universe that they will recreate their own universe in its stead? Why not just go make your own universe and leave the Stargate one for future Stargate shows?
            Have no fear!
            Continuum is another time travel/alternate universe story. So by the end of it TPTB can undo everything stupid they've done in time for the next spin-off.
            Thus rendering Unending even more pointless than it already is!

Huzzah and hooray for the easy escape route from poorly planned plots!

And their own universe? Looking at SGA it looks suspiciously like the Stargate one with spaceships and a couple of name changes. Pft.
            Last edited by smurf; 18 March 2007, 03:56 AM.

Comment

So, are the writers really TRYING to erase everything that makes Stargate unique and different from other sci-fi shows?
              it seems like it

the round spinny thing is practially non-existent and instead we have an emphasis on space ships, boobs, sfx and cliched plots...the recipe for every otehr scifi show in the world
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                It's a very happy place. There's cake.
                What a catch-phrase! I do mention cake and pie a lot more. And some actually get it. Others just jive me a weird look because I smirk after I say it. Well, at least I can amuse myself. Cult references are hilarious.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  it seems like it

the round spinny thing is practially non-existent and instead we have an emphasis on space ships, boobs, sfx and cliched plots...the recipe for every otehr scifi show in the world
                  now sky, what have i told you about this?

just because it changed its color, doesn't mean you can ignore it. that's not nice.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by jerkface View Post
                    *imitates Teal'c* Indeed.

I thought that was maybe the strangest part of Action Jackson's outburst about their relationship in Unending. Why couldn't he have started a serious conversation about their relationship some time during the last two years if his only concern was whether or not she was serious? Daniel never had a problem speaking up for himself before...
                    Agreed... it just doesn't wash. That's the beef I have when people say that Daniel really has feelings for Vala but he hasn't come to terms with them or doesn't know he has them yet. The guy has always been pretty clear in his emotions before and as you said, he never had a problem speaking for himself before either.

I guess Jackson does, though...

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                      Agreed... it just doesn't wash. That's the beef I have when people say that Daniel really has feelings for Vala but he hasn't come to terms with them or doesn't know he has them yet. The guy has always been pretty clear in his emotions before and as you said, he never had a problem speaking for himself before either.

I guess Jackson does, though...
                      Yes, Daniel wears his heart on his sleeve.

Jackson is basically--Jack! Maybe that's why they changed his name. Mitchell is now Daniel and Jackson...is the new Jack.

That doesn't wash either.

Jess...I did put the fic I wrote on fanficion...oh, your right. How dare I right someone for Sam that's NOT Jack.

I think I will give Sam an OC and see what fits they throw then.
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Hey I know some of you have been following my Beth Series in the SG-1 fan fic and i just wanted to pass on the word that "Souls" has finally been posted to my site. you may find it here: http://www.geocities.com/zeesmom2000/Souls.html
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                          Actually, it takes 4 minutes for the brain to begin to die with no blood flow. With in ten minutes the brain is mush.

That gives plenty of time for Mitchell's brain to come up with season 9 and 10 and two movies!

I would say Mitchell has been found by medics and they are giving CPR, Defib, and drugs to keep the brain working. I'm sure the blood stop 40 minutes ago. But he keeps trying.
                          Thanks for the info.... I didn't know that! This thread is educational too!

This is the best theory for writing out S9 &10 yet. Better than the Dallas/shower thing. At the time, it was really dumb, but at least the writers of Dallas had the guts to admit that they really, really screwed up. It might even make me like ol' Cam better. More sympathic and all.... or not.

Comment

Originally posted by gidge_8 View Post
                            Thanks for the info.... I didn't know that! This thread is educational too!

This is the best theory for writing out S9 &10 yet. Better than the Dallas/shower thing. At the time, it was really dumb, but at least the writers of Dallas had the guts to admit that they really, really screwed up. It might even make me like ol' Cam better. More sympathic and all.... or not.
                            Perhaps--I just remebered if you add in the cold temp it takes even LONGER for the brain to die. He's not dead till he's warm and dead. With the added hours from the freezing air, Cam could even revamp Atlantis.

he could also be having an out of body experince! Maybe he did die and he went to heaven and this is reward for being so squeeky clean. Or, Anubis won the battle and he's really in hell but doesn't know it.

Better yet, it's John Chriton's dream!
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I see they have given a name to the new possible third series. I suppose someone will pay to have it produced and hope it strikes the same magic as Classic Stargate SG-1.

I didnt really read about the series and dont care about it as long as the same TPTB are in charge. Just as long as they can't further ruin SG-1's reputation is all I care about. With any luck people will come to remember classic SG-1 S1-S8 with great love and S9-S10 will be buried in the dungheap of sharkpoo where they belong.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

"the dungheap of sharkpoo"... that is perfect!

The Vancouver con is this weekend... I heard that RCC would be there one of the days, talking about the dvd movies... I've been checking the con thread and haven't heard anything. Can just imagine what was said...

Comment

Working...
                                X