S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to much Vaniel!

I think if MS and CB do end up in another show together it would be better if it was a 1/2 hour sitcom. He did mention he would like to do a sitcome with her. They could be the new version of Desie and Lucy!

something that was brought up in another thread--Vala would be a hoot irritating McKay!
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
      I completely agree. Line in the Sand gave me some hope. There wasn't anything campy about it. Some humor was thrown in, but it was just the right amount for such a serious tone. What Line in the Sand showed me is what the show could have been all along, but unfortunately has not been in season 9 or the first half of season 10.
      I know the feeling. You know there's an underlying problem with a show when you watch an ep and think "Wow, that was great!" and it's immediately followed by "Why can't TPTB do that all the time?" or "Why do I have to shlock through all these meh filler eps to see that?"

Comment

Gee you mean MS likes it when he is the near sole focus of the show with the only other character getting time being the female character whose sole purpose is to play off his character, pinning for him all the time while his character gets to be really rude back to her (and thus proving his characters manliness I guess). Gee who would have thunk it.

oh btw thats JACKSON to you.
        Daniel is such a whimpy name.
        Last edited by AGateFan; 20 January 2007, 03:26 AM. Reason: added characters manliness as I am sure MS himself is plenty manly
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          I read that interview as well and was quite surprised to hear MS say that. I get that he likes working with CB and she with him, but fcol, what's fun/interesting for him isn't necessarily what's fun/interesting for the audience as a whole.
          That's it completely. The show has never been about only 2 characters. Daniel and Jack had a great friendly yet antagonistic relationship, and MS may miss that dynamic. But the show was about much more than that. I just find it hard to stomach Vaniel, particularly b/c I think it makes DAniel act a bit out of character. Now MS may enjoy that change, but that's not what this audience member, anyway, enjoys.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
            I read that MS said in the recent TV zone interview that he wished that Daniel and Vala had more interaction with one another in season 10 like they did in the beginning of season 9.
            Didn't he also say something about how, when he's acting with CB, Daniel becomes more like him and less like Daniel?

I have yet to figure out why that's a good thing. I thought that actors were supposed to try to become the character they play.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Just chiming in to agree that Vaniel is a jarring annoyance that I prefer to fast forward through. The Daniel of seasons 1-5 is welcome back anytime in my book, the vaniel of 7-10 can re-ascend for all I care. And vala - well let's just say if she were to ascend with him I would not have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                Didn't he also say something about how, when he's acting with CB, Daniel becomes more like him and less like Daniel?

I have yet to figure out why that's a good thing. I thought that actors were supposed to try to become the character they play.
                I'm not sure why that would be a good thing either because that statement coupled with the way I think vaniel behaves kind of confirms my thoughts about him since I first started coming on-line.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc View Post
                  Just chiming in to agree that Vaniel is a jarring annoyance that I prefer to fast forward through. The Daniel of seasons 1-5 is welcome back anytime in my book, the vaniel of 7-10 can re-ascend for all I care. And vala - well let's just say if she were to ascend with him I would not have a problem.
                  Are the Ancients really so bad that they deserve Vaniel's company for all eternity?

Comment

Are the Ancients really so bad that they deserve Vaniel's company for all eternity?
                    Anubis does! Daniel and Anubis spending an eternity in the dinner with Oma and Vala. I feel sorry for Anubis now!

Oma: "Anubis, kiss my grits."

Daniel: Dressed as a cook holding a flipper, "Hey, you want grits with that. Oma, get back to work. Vala, you dumbell! The sugar goes in the sugar jar."

Vala: "Right Mel--I mean Daniel. You know, you really shouldn't--never mind."

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      Anubis does! Daniel and Anubis spending an eternity in the dinner with Oma and Vala. I feel sorry for Anubis now!

Daniel: Dressed as a cook holding a flipper, "Hey, you want grits with that. Oma, get back to work. Vala, you dumbell! The sugar goes in the sugar jar."

Can Oma and Vala escape at some point in the future? Daniel and Anubis can keep each other company.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Can Oma and Vala escape at some point in the future? Daniel and Anubis can keep each other company.
                        Was could bring in Sam as Alice! She was the only person there who was smart in the old show.

Sam: "Anubis, your bill. Vera--I mean, Vala. Get the keys to Daniel's car."

Comment

so....sam is vera, daniel is mel, vala is flo?? who's gonna be the handiman? Schooner? whatever his name is

teal'c be a good handiman? or maybe cam
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                            Gee you mean MS likes it when he is the near sole focus of the show with the only other character getting time being the female character whose sole purpose is to play off his character, pinning for him all the time while his character gets to be really rude back to her (and thus proving his characters manliness I guess). Gee who would have thunk it.
                            It's common for the actors to like best the episodes their character is heavily featured in.
                            I was just reading an interview with Amanda where she was saying that her favourite in the second half of this season is the upcoming Road Not Taken, a Sam heavy episode. I don't see anyone being critical of her for having that opinion; neither am I, if I was an actor, I would want episodes focusing on my character too (and I'm so looking forward to that episode, that would be three above average episodes in a row, not something I was expecting this season).

Gee, you mean AT likes it when she is the near sole focus of the show... Who would have thunk it?

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              so....sam is vera, daniel is mel, vala is flo?? who's gonna be the handiman? Schooner? whatever his name is

teal'c be a good handiman? or maybe cam
                              The handiman--I forgot about him.

I had Sam=Alice
                              Daniel=Mel
                              Vala=Vera
                              Oma=Flo

Anubis=fat guy in gray suit

Schooner or Scooter or something like that!

Teal'c=Henry the telephone co. guy

Robert Picardo played a cop in the dinner--we could place woosely in there as the watchdog.

Comment

One Sam heavy episode in 2 years. If I was AT I'd be happy too.

Comment

Working...
                                X