S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
    Ditto on the agreement scale. To show a lively relationship between two very different women who have such a unique thing in common (taken as hosts) could possibly have ended up in chemistry on the level of Jack and Daniel--two very different people, with very different perspectives, with something in common.

Not to mention, allowing the actresses to get some screentime together in this mostly male dominated world.
    True, that. I still wonder about that cut scene from early in the season where Sam is supposed to tell Vala that she's here if she ever wants to talk, or something like that. Would have been interesting to see how it went, and could have been a nice little cornerstone on which to develop their friendship.

And I also want to throw in my 2 cents regarding Vala's potential--I really despise the immaturity we've seen in a lot of season 10. It wasn't as pronounced in season 9. Yeah, she was sexed up and oversexed but she was clearly--clearly--in charge. I actually prefer that version, for all its "faults."

A character can be emotionally immature without acting like a 6 year old. It requires more subtlety in the characterization; I've seen CB do subtle on Farscape. She's more than up to the task.
    Can't argue with that... the immaturity is getting pretty tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      Would have been nice to have more Carter/Vala eps in the series. They seem to have made Carter into a hat rack for Mitchell's missing pants.
      *snerk* Ha! That is a good one!

(and I totally agree)

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros View Post
        I have a few quick questions... well they might not be quick... yeah, well anyway.
        First question: Do the actors watch the final product?
        (Cause if they read the enitre script they may feel like they don't have to actually watch it.)
        Second question: If they don't what the show, are they told which scenes/lines were cut out of the final product?

I ask this because this might explain why some of them act like there is nothing wrong with the show. They might believe they have covered certain issues, but in reality the audience never saw it. For example, AT and CB might believe that their characters interact on a regular bases on the show. However, most of their scenes together are cut out. Hence when they go to convention and hear some negative feedback, or are asked certain questions might not know why.
        This is actually one of my biggest pet peeves - They don't watch the show the way we see it!!
        sigpic
        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc View Post
          I have to ask - has anyone else seen the photos for quest part 2 and was I the only one that laughed out loud when looking at those ridiculous photos? (you will either know what I mean or not - my guess is most of you will know what I mean when you see them).

It saddens me to be so embarrassed for those on this show after they put so much effort into it for so many years to see it cheapened to such a rag-tag bunch of sci-fi cliches. Looks like part 2 of season 10 won't be much worth my time either since it seems to start out on such an inauspicious foot.
          Not sure if I was looking at the right site but I did see a few photos for that ep...and there is one in particular that made me laugh and then shake my head.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
            Not sure if I was looking at the right site but I did see a few photos for that ep...and there is one in particular that made me laugh and then shake my head.

Which site is that? I need a good chuckle.

Comment

The one I was on was www.stargate-project.de
              It's all in German but the pics are here:

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...owfolge&ID=205

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                This is actually one of my biggest pet peeves - They don't watch the show the way we see it!!
                Didn't Ben Browder watch all the episodes before he joined the show? I distinctly remember him mentioning that in one of the old GW interviews.

Comment

Ok. I chuckled for about a second and said OMG the next. I think I'll sit this episode out.
                  Last edited by LaCroix; 30 December 2006, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I'd seen all those except the "dragon" ones. Is it really supposed to be a "dragon"? Funny even MS recently said he thought it was a bit naff
                    (or words to that effect)

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                      Ok. I chuckled for about a second and said OMG the next. I think I'll sit this episode out.
                      Sounds like a plan to me.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
                        I'd seen all those except the "dragon" ones. Is it really supposed to be a "dragon"? Funny even MS recently said he thought it was a bit naff
                        (or words to that effect)
                        LOL yeah I remember him saying something like that. Dragon, my foot!

Comment

I didn't feel like clicking on all of them, but might you be referring to the
                          Spoiler:
                          "dragon/roc/whatsit?"

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc View Post
                            I have to ask - has anyone else seen the photos for quest part 2 and was I the only one that laughed out loud when looking at those ridiculous photos? (you will either know what I mean or not - my guess is most of you will know what I mean when you see them).

It saddens me to be so embarrassed for those on this show after they put so much effort into it for so many years to see it cheapened to such a rag-tag bunch of sci-fi cliches. Looks like part 2 of season 10 won't be much worth my time either since it seems to start out on such an inauspicious foot.
                            Well, it looks to me like the good old
                            Spoiler:
                            head-grabbing Ancient plot device info downloader is putting in an appearance. That made me roll my eyes and groan. What, third time's the charm before it counts as an official cliche? Whenever we need something really, really powerful to defeat our current uber-enemy somebody has to get his skull sucked. It's apparently a rule or something. I just can't tell if it's Daniel or Cam doing the honors. Would being formerly ascended be enough to trump Official Hewodom in terms of deserving to be allowed to have your brain reformatted? I don't know - and, I have to say, I don't really give a dang. Thank heavens the Ancients left those contraptions littered around the galaxy or there might not have been a plot device available when this ep needed it.

Or were we talking about the close-ups of the
                            Spoiler:
                            flying reptillian vermin? That just made me snicker in derision. Not a very impressive wyvern, in my books, I'm afraid. (Though I might enjoy the effective use of a shoulder fired anti-aircraft missile on its behalf, if either Sam or Teal'c could scare one up.) Maybe Adria can beat the prohibitions and somehow magic up a 302, and Cam can dogfight the beast. (more snickers of derision)

Ye gods and little fishes - after what, 7 months of first run hiatus? those pics are not likely to make me remember to watch this ep, much less want to watch it.

Painfully lame ripoffs of various mythologies. Cliched and lame.. (And not the French for swordsman, either. )
                            Nerd-o-rama: Oh, I almost forgot. Sam also had the power of Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina for a few seasons (can use any alien technology if it suits the script's purpose.) Then they gave it to Jack for some reason.
                            So that's why we've seen so little of Sam and Jack in these past two seasons. They're spending all their free time as the Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina League fighting evil in Washington DC.

Comment

know what the dragon reminds me of??

i watched King King this weekend, the peter jackson version.

and i know why it was such a mediocre return at the box office

the original story was just retreaded, no new angle on it. there was way too much of an emphasis on the cgi and sfx, not a whole heck of a lot on the characters and...it reminded me of the three most recent star wars movies, where lucas focused on wowing the audience with graphics and effects and kinda forgot that if the story was thin or lame, all the effects in the world couldn't keep peoples' attention.

I gotta remmber to stock up on booze before the premiere, cause it looks like this one is best viewed through a veil of rum
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I gotta remmber to stock up on booze before the premiere, cause it looks like this one is best viewed through a veil of rum
                                LOL--reminds me of that country song: "Billy's got his beer goggles on."
                                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                                X