No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, don't diss the B movies. Plenty of folks love them and enjoy the cheesiness.

MS does either what he wishes to do or what his contract demands that he does, or some combo thereof.

If the movie looks unappealing, dont watch. And if you - the general you - feel that he should avoid b movies, well why not drop him a line and suggest to him that he tries something else.

at the end of hte day, actors are just folks that need to work to pay the bills.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

OT- Oh boy, another B rated skiffy movie that will be plastered all over the skiffy site. They probably are going to be putting on many more B movies in the future--as part of their "new schedualing" insentive to have new programing all year. They never said what the "new programing" would consist of.

I have seen a huge increase since season 9 of complaints. When that many people complain that loudly in a short time--that means something is very wrong with the show.

I realize people have thier own opinions--but it blows my mind that people think the first 8 years of the show were crap and only now it's better. If the first 8 years of the show was crap--it would not have made it to 10 seasons in the first place. At the same time they also know every episode title and can quote the show--that tells me they have watched every episode repeatedly or they have a notebook sitting by the computer. It's almost like some of the people who post--just go out of thier way to defend a 2 bad seasons by ripping down the rest of the seasons.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        I realize people have thier own opinions--but it blows my mind that people think the first 8 years of the show were crap and only now it's better. If the first 8 years of the show was crap--it would not have made it to 10 seasons in the first place. At the same time they also know every episode title and can quote the show--that tells me they have watched every episode repeatedly or they have a notebook sitting by the computer. It's almost like some of the people who post--just go out of thier way to defend a 2 bad seasons by ripping down the rest of the seasons.
        In some cases, there may be a specific reason why somebody considers Seasons Nine and Ten good while Seasons One through Eight were bad - the presence of a favourite actor/character, for example.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          OT- Oh boy, another B rated skiffy movie that will be plastered all over the skiffy site. They probably are going to be putting on many more B movies in the future--as part of their "new schedualing" insentive to have new programing all year. They never said what the "new programing" would consist of.

I have seen a huge increase since season 9 of complaints. When that many people complain that loudly in a short time--that means something is very wrong with the show.

I am of the opinion that the fans who think that S9 and S10 are the greatest SG-1 ever are mostly new fans that have started watching SG-1 because of BB or CB. Neither BB or CB are in the earlier seasons so they must be crap.

During S1 - S8, I would never dream of posting on a anti season thread. Yeah some of the eps weren't the greatest but I found the seasons as a whole to be enjoyable.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

to some, i have no doubt that they see s1-8 as being crap. but 'crap' is relative. and to many, s1-8 were perfectly fine and enjoyable

the simple truth is, whether you find s9-10 to be the best ever or s1-8, for the majority of the viewing public, those that create the ratings, s1-8 were good enough to keep the franchise alive while s9-10 can be argued to have led to its cancellation.

so, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if john q fan finds s9 and 10 to be crap or not, what counts is that the viewing public didn't like it. the ratings fell and the show died.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              to some, i have no doubt that they see s1-8 as being crap. but 'crap' is relative. and to many, s1-8 were perfectly fine and enjoyable

the simple truth is, whether you find s9-10 to be the best ever or s1-8, for the majority of the viewing public, those that create the ratings, s1-8 were good enough to keep the franchise alive while s9-10 can be argued to have led to its cancellation.

so, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if john q fan finds s9 and 10 to be crap or not, what counts is that the viewing public didn't like it. the ratings fell and the show died.
              Every show is going to have somebody, somewhere who thinks it's wonderful and somebody who thinks it's awful.

At the end of the day, all that really matters is that enough people are watching the show to merit renewal. This wasn't the case with Season Ten, and I get the impression that they were on warning after the ratings for the second half of Season Nine.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                hey, don't diss the B movies. Plenty of folks love them and enjoy the cheesiness.

MS does either what he wishes to do or what his contract demands that he does, or some combo thereof.
                He did it to renew his working visa to be able to work in the USA next year. Plus, if you go and read some Burbank Stargate con reports MS said that he did it only because it was American production, he read the script on the plane, it was total crap in his opinion and he said everybody not to watch it.
                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Tom Lehr put it so well.
                  "Filth I'm proud to say is in the mind of the beholder.
                  when directly viewed, everything is lewd.
                  I can tell you things about Peter Pan and the Wizard of Oz, is a dirty old man."

the key to this comment-is what is in the mind of the beholder. As Rogue and Sky and gads-this whole thread has pointed out-it is how you view the show and why you view the show and what hits the mark that makes you like or dislike the show.

There are times when you sit back and say-there is a village in Texas that is missing its idiot-and I know where he is.

well the same goes for the show right now-there is a studio in Vancouver that is missing their idiots-and the problem there though, is that they never left.
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                    He did it to renew his working visa to be able to work in the USA next year. Plus, if you go and read some Burbank Stargate con reports MS said that he did it only because it was American production, he read the script on the plane, it was total crap in his opinion and he said everybody not to watch it.
                    He couldn't have found something else to do? Man!
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

To go a little OT, I find it funny/odd, that SciFi, a station that is supposed to appeal to the scifi fans, seems to miss the mark every time they make movies.

Sure there are a lot of B movies, but many B movies are enjoyable. Take Peter Benchley's The Beast, which SciFi has aired many times. It's a movie about a
                      Spoiler:
                      giant squid
                      but some how it draws the viewer in, and you are able to suspend your disbelief, eventhough the premis of the movie may seem silly, it was well done (IMO) of course

The movies SciFi produces well lets just say, I wouldn't waste my time on them, no matter who is in them.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                        He couldn't have found something else to do? Man!
                        Depends how much time he had for searching...
                        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

lol, I guess thats saying alot from the person who wrote Resurrection.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

And so they are hiring him .... why.
                            And how is it that he has not said the same thing about S9/S10 of stargate...he doesnt want to bite the hand that feeds him (though he is doing it to the movie TPTB), his wife and his ex girlfriend. Or maybe since his character is brand new and more to his likeing he actually likes S9/S10. Whatever.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jackie;6071338]Trust me--not everyone KNOWS that 10 stinks. Some swear it's the better than season 1-7. Funny season 8 was never commented on./QUOTE]

The way some people who love S10 talk, it's as if they don't even know that S1-7 exist. Seriously, one fan I talked to loves Vala, Cam and Vaniel but had only seen S10, S9 and maybe one or two S8 eps. When I asked about S1-7 they sorta blanked out...

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                                In some cases, there may be a specific reason why somebody considers Seasons Nine and Ten good while Seasons One through Eight were bad - the presence of a favourite actor/character, for example.
                                You just answered my last post for me... that'll show me to reply before reading the rest of the page, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X