Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    Spoiler:
    Virtue-wise, it's tough to match the characteristics to the characters.

Prudence - Sam and Teal'c would both qualify for this one. Mitchell definitely would not. Vala and Daniel aren't exactly prudent either.
    Wisdom - Again, Sam or Teal'c. Early seasons Daniel would have been a possibility, but unless he qualifies by virtue of the Ascended knowledge stored up in the back corners of his brain, current seasons Daniel is not.
    Charity - I think we can safely rule Vala out. Early seasons Daniel would have been more or less a shoe-in for this one, but now I think it'd have to be Sam, maybe Teal'c.
    Kindness - Sam.
    Faith - This is a toughie. I think that Sam has a lot of faith in her friends and the people she works with, so she would get my vote. Mitchell seems to have limitless faith in the ability of the designation SG-1 to shield them from the consequences of his recklessness, so maybe this one could be his.

Sam is the only one I could see coming anywhere close to covering all five, but I think we can all agree that we are unlikely to see this. I can't see any of these virtues that I would apply to Vala or, with the possible exception of Faith, to Mitchell. Daniel as he is now also doesn't strike me as possessing an abundance of any of these virtues, so having each member of the team cover one virtue doesn't seem believable.
    Spoiler:

Faith thats Teal'c. The entire ep of Avatar was that teal'c had faith that they could not beat the goa'uld unless they all worked together. And thus he has faith that the goa'uld can be defeated if they all work together. I think teal'c more then anyone else has faith in his team and has great trust that they will never betray him and will always be their for him.

His team being O'Neill, Carter and Daniel. I not sure why one would have faith in Mitchell, although I am sure he WANTS to do the right thing I dont think you can have faith in him making the right decision at the right time. And of course anyone that has faith in Vala is just niave. Her complete and utter transfromation smacks of an act. As many of said before shes a "survivor" and at the moment it is in her interest to act all innocent. She is over playing the hand with the 6 year old act though. IMHO.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
      Hmm five characters and
      Spoiler:
      five virtues.
      I wonder if they'll meet someone along the way who will hand out a sword, a bow and arrows, a dagger, a vial of healing, and... you see, this is why you only have teams of four.
      Spoiler:
      Duct tape. They'll hand them Duct Tape to tape Vala's mouth shut.
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
        So true. *sheds a tear for that great show that was Stargate SG-1*
        That's just
        Spoiler:
        "quited talk"
        Oh God spare me!!
        sigpic
        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I hope it does too. I've been enjoying SGA a lot more than SG-1 since last season.

Not sure if this has been posted already but if you think you can stomach it, here are a few previews for SG-1 tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsNixMj-5Lo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2DM1MlZi3Q

Words fail me.
          Hmm,
          Spoiler:
          Okay, so Daniel walking into the fire for Faith, Teal'c reaction to Ba'al for Prudence, Sam has got to be Wisdom (you would hope ), leaves Charity and Kindness for the other two.

You know, there's something really wrong with whoever makes these things for AOL because there is absolutely no need for anyone to watch the episodes after seeing these 2 and a bit minutes.
          Not only that you get to see a bit from the episode after - which is very "there goes the suspense of the two parter"

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted already but if you think you can stomach it, here are a few previews for SG-1 tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsNixMj-5Lo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2DM1MlZi3Q

Words fail me.
            Spoiler:
            Although it's difficult to see Sam standing in the back of the Cave with Cam and Vala in the front, she makes such pretty wallpaper.

I can think of some words but can't print them. I am sooo hoping it will be so much better than it appears.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
              You mean in addition to Sam's credibility and all of Teal'c's lines?
              ROTFLMAO! I was thinking it. I was just too nice to post it.
              Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

You know, there's something really wrong with whoever makes these things for AOL because there is absolutely no need for anyone to watch the episodes after seeing these 2 and a bit minutes.
                Yup. Decided I’m going to a ball game tonight.

I wish you ladies and gentlemen with the barf buckets at the ready the best of luck tonight.
                Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  Spoiler:
                  And of course anyone that has faith in Vala is just niave. Her complete and utter transfromation smacks of an act. As many of said before shes a "survivor" and at the moment it is in her interest to act all innocent. She is over playing the hand with the 6 year old act though. IMHO.
                  *don't think this needs spoilers...* You know, even though Daniel has become so jaded and changed so much, he still remains very naive for that very reason. I just about gagged in Memento Mori when
                  Spoiler:
                  they were on that "date" and he thanked her for proving him right when he said they could take a chance on her.

Yep, thanks PTB for proving that Daniel is still quite naive!

Comment

Hmm,
                    Spoiler:
                    Okay, so Daniel walking into the fire for Faith, Teal'c reaction to Ba'al for Prudence, Sam has got to be Wisdom (you would hope ), leaves Charity and Kindness for the other two.

Not only that you get to see a bit from the episode after - which is very "there goes the suspense of the two parter"
                    Oh, definitely. I think they really saved me the trouble of watching tonight.

Speaking of Part 2, did anyone else think that
                    Spoiler:
                    the scene where Vala is holding a dead/unconscious/whatever Daniel seems eerily familiar to The Madonna (the work of art, not the singer )? Or maybe to Juliet holding Romeo after waking up and finding that he poisoned himself? Looks like Teal'c is nowhere around, Sam is in another part of the room, so... yep, we've got those three front and center again in this important scene - Cam and Vaniel!

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato
                      Spoiler:
                      Although it's difficult to see Sam standing in the back of the Cave with Cam and Vala in the front, she makes such pretty wallpaper.

I can think of some words but can't print them. I am sooo hoping it will be so much better than it appears.
                      I'm with you. I basically have to watch because a friend wants me to record the ep for her and cut out commercials...*sigh* But I have the barf bucket at the ready so I think I'm prepared.... hopefully.

Comment

I posted this on another thread but thought it also belonged here:

I broke down while at a friends house and watched this ep tonight (under duress I might add) and while I have not read anything about others views on the ep all I can say is hooboy am I glad I have not wasted any more time watching this show. As a mid-season finale this had to be the worst one I have seen in 10 years. (I could care less if I see the next part.) I thought at one point I was going to fall alseep - yeah they were together but if THIS is what TPTKTS have to offer with the team together than I say it is well and truly dead now.

They were right years ago when they said they didn't keep Jonas because 5 is too many for a team - this proves, to me, that with 5 there is just nothing to make any of them stand out, this was just outright, plain and simply boring - bored the life right out of me and I said so out loud at the point when they were all in a line dazzling me with their prudence. Sure it was cool that Carter was in the lead and figuring this out and Teal'c had a few lines (a real zinger for Ba'al and Carter's "get a room" was a good one too) but that is not nearly enough to redeem this show.

The ending was ludicrous and cheesy, IMO. That flying thing reminded me of the dragon in Shrek except the Dragon in Shrek was sacrier until she fell in love with Donkey then she was just totally cute and cool (maybe this one falls in love with Daniel, or mitchy, and then we have a whole new kind of "ship" to explore which I am sure TPTKTS would just lurve since it would be sooo much fuun).

Note to cooper and the rest of his band of merry men: "you have GOT to be kidding me!!" Worst excuse for a cliff-hanger, mid-season finale EVA!!! Geez there is really just nothing else for me to say. Clearly TPKTS have done nothing to change my perception of this show. It stinks and it is sad to see it continuing it's slide right down the dumper, IMO.

Comment

I watched about 20 minutes of the show tonight and I wish I had those 20 minutes back.Good point binkpmmc about Jonas and the 5 member team.Is baal trying to be the 6th member? This Show is one big snooze fest.I cannot believe how bad it has become.Every episode is like a boring talk Show.I'm not sure this Show deserves to come back in March.

Comment

My parents watched, I didn't. I came out to feed the cat and my dad asked me "why is this idiot on SG1?" Meaning Vala. I'm still a few weeks behind on my episodes, maybe I'll be caught up by March.

Oh and we'll see if the ratings go up this week. A lot of the weekly football games were played last night because of the holiday.

Comment

The Quest:
                              <Yawn> But not as bad as I thought it would be. Instead of Pythoning it I was Indiana Jonesing it. Except for the few times I was banging coconuts together.

And mentioning
                              Spoiler:
                              Smaug and the Lone Mountain

Suse

Suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I tried to avoid spoilers for tonight's ep, just to see if part of my disenchantment was caused by spoilers. Nope.
                                Spoiler:
                                I was mildly surprised by Adria's appearance, but the rest of it just had me snoozing. They get to the wall of flame. Okay, FAITH, people. Somebody has to walk through. Well, you know it has to be Daniel. Come on, Daniel. Figure it out. zzzzzzz. Oh, about time. Hmmmm, I wonder how long it will take them to figure out that Adria can't use her powers? Okay, good boy, Daniel, everyone else must be too busy picking their noses not to have noticed. Well... I wonder when the stupid dragon will show up? Ah, about time! Cliff hanger? Hardly. I was glad the hour was over.

They've turned Vala into comic relief... This is the same woman who took over the Prometheus by herself? I'd like to see her be savvy, not silly. And it's not even science fiction anymore. It's fantasy. It's so far gone from the original show I hardly recognize it.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X