Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius
    Spoiler:
    Someone's going to have to be sacrificed. It'll probably turn out to be something like "In order to get the weapon you'll have to sacrifice someone."
    Spoiler:
    Let me guess - Mitchell will hewoically volunteer to sacrifice himself for the greater good and his sacrifice will prove that he possesses all of the virtues and is worthy.

Alternatively, Vala could volunteer because she feels guilty for Adria.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
      re: QUEST

Maybe it'll be a Wizard of Oz kind of thing?
      Spoiler:

Prudence: Mitchell
      Wisdom: Teal'c
      Charity: Vala
      Kindness: Carter
      Faith: Daniel

Eh, I'm not sold on that config either... :shrug: All I know for sure is that when I read the amazingly coincidental
      Spoiler:
      number of virtues
      I nearly bust a gut laughing.
      Spoiler:
      Prudence: Mitchell...Um, not unless he's banging dating someone named Prudence
      Wisdom: Teal'c....Yep that works
      Charity: Vala... Well, maybe if she forgoes her usual fee, or gives the team a discount
      Kindness: Carter...yep, definitely
      Faith: Daniel...Um, didn't he lose that a long time ago

Now as for Sacrificing a virgin....
      Spoiler:
      Vala
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        Now as for Sacrificing a virgin....
        Spoiler:
        Vala
        [/SPOILERS]
        Well...
        Spoiler:
        Depends what Daniel has been up to in that brand spanking new body he got at the end of Threads because technically...

FF in the gutter, so no change there then
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          Spoiler:
          Let me guess - Mitchell will hewoically volunteer to sacrifice himself for the greater good and his sacrifice will prove that he possesses all of the virtues and is worthy.

Alternatively, Vala could volunteer because she feels guilty for Adria.
          Spoiler:
          It'll either be Teal'c, Sam or Daniel (In that order or likelyness) who will be sacrificed.
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Spoiler:
            Prudence: Mitchell...Um, not unless he's banging dating someone named Prudence
            Wisdom: Teal'c....Yep that works <snip>
            Okay, perhaps 'Wizard of Oz type thing' wasn't the best phrasing. I meant something along the lines of 'irony' or perhaps 'inverse'.
            Spoiler:
            Mitchell is somehow 'ironically' prudent because of his brashness; Teal'c is wise despite not being a bookish person; Vala blah blah blah etc.

As I said though, I admit that it's still a reach. Unless it will have to do with how each of them have changed over time.

I can't believe I'm giving this serious thought when I should be watching Python.

Comment

Spoiler:
              It'll either be Teal'c, Sam or Daniel (In that order or likelyness) who will be sacrificed.
              Spoiler:
              Ah but it was Stargate SG1 that was sacrificed at the beginning of S9
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                Okay, perhaps 'Wizard of Oz type thing' wasn't the best phrasing. I meant something along the lines of 'irony' or perhaps 'inverse'.
                Spoiler:
                Mitchell is somehow 'ironically' prudent because of his brashness; Teal'c is wise despite not being a bookish person; Vala blah blah blah etc.

As I said though, I admit that it's still a reach. Unless it will have to do with how each of them have changed over time.

I can't believe I'm giving this serious thought when I should be watching Python.
                Sorry DEM, I just couldn't pass on using your list, for a good S&M moment
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Someone's going to have to be sacrificed. It'll probably turn out to be something like "In order to get the weapon you'll have to sacrifice someone."
                  You mean in addition to Sam's credibility and all of Teal'c's lines?
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    For an actual sacrifice, I'd agree. For the sacrifice where simply being willing to sacrifice oneself proves worthiness, it'll be Mitchell or Vala.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83
                      If I remeber correctly MM got 1.6, same as the SGA ep, and the last ep it droped to 1.5. SGA has been much more steady this season, even if it also has lower ratings then last season. I hope it will pick up, I really enjoy SGA now and hope it will continue for quite some time.
                      I hope it does too. I've been enjoying SGA a lot more than SG-1 since last season.

Not sure if this has been posted already but if you think you can stomach it, here are a few previews for SG-1 tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsNixMj-5Lo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2DM1MlZi3Q

Words fail me.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i doubt they'll draw the parallel. after all, musn't make any mention of sam's past. Vala's is all that counts.
                        Spoiler:
                        and these boys seem to be doing any and everything they can to ignore sam and jolinar and trying to make 'ex-host' exclusive to vala
                        Ooh yeah, good point, that. Any mention of Sam's past is strictly verboten now, for fear of upstaging the new star female team member.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          Yes, but the "old" characters need to go since they can outshine Cambo and Vala when used properly. Plus TPTB disagree with your statement

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          You mean in addition to Sam's credibility and all of Teal'c's lines?
                          That was phase 1, the "Destroy a character completely" phase.

Originally posted by ReganX
                          Spoiler:
                          For an actual sacrifice, I'd agree. For the sacrifice where simply being willing to sacrifice oneself proves worthiness, it'll be Mitchell or Vala.
                          If only...
                          Signed,

Gregorius
                          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            So true. *sheds a tear for that great show that was Stargate SG-1*

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Yes, but the "old" characters need to go since they can outshine Cambo and Vala when used properly. Plus TPTB disagree with your statement
                              Spoiler:
                              Well, they may end up keeping Daniel since he's one half of Vaniel. Can't lose one of the ingredients of a contrived, possibly romantic pairing with a good source of laughs, right?

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                                Hmm five characters and
                                Spoiler:
                                five virtues.
                                I wonder if they'll meet someone along the way who will hand out a sword, a bow and arrows, a dagger, a vial of healing, and... you see, this is why you only have teams of four.

I have to say I can't think of anything worse than Daniel representing all the virtues. I've never been able to see that purity, and the old "I'm too good for ascension" was more than enough for me, thank you.
                                Santa Claus!!!!
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X