S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatusu
    Oh, but I love him with Amanda Tapping and I know they enjoy working together.
    Actually, I cant think of anyone I dont like him working with. Put him and any of the others on screen together (Shep, Carter, Teyla, Ronan, Weir, Becket, Zelinka, Loren, Lt whatshername) and its magic. I would love to see him and Teal'c or O'Neill work together, I would think that would be pretty good too. Not sure how he would work with Daniel. They wouldnt seem to have much to say to each other and Mckay wont be hitting on him (I dont think ) but I bet they could make it work.

I guess when Mckay is off by himself or playing OTT whiney (way OTT then normal like in Runner) then I start wishing to see less of him. Also if he was off stealing others "thing" or if he made Carter look bad then I would be annoyed (in that relationship he is the one that should look bad...SG-1 predjudice I guess, sorry to those who are Atlantis fans first). In general I just think he is a good character for getting thing moving in an ep. He can do equally brilliant and stupid things and still be logically in character.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I would love to hear Jack tell McKay stay away from my Woman.I would not mind McKay as much if 99.9% of the male guest stars did not fall for Sam.It gets to be a broken record.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
        I would love to hear Jack tell McKay stay away from my Woman.I would not mind McKay as much if 99.9% of the male guest stars did not fall for Sam.It gets to be a broken record.
        Yeah, but he did it back before it was in vogue to do it.

And plus its just more ammo for Sam to give him crp. He's (was) a friendless geek, it kinda made some actual sense for his character to be attracted to Carter. As long as its clear its not a two way thing and as long as Mckay doesnt sit around throwing out sexual induendo in every line, then I think the Eurkel crush is fine. If TPTB took it further I would be quite upset. Even in Mckays dream the only reason Carter got nearly nekked is because
        Spoiler:
        she was trying to stop him from what he was doing and knew that was the best way to stop him. So even in the dream Carter isnt attracted to him, and is still smarter then him and he knows it
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This is a question for the poeple who watch Atlantis.Does McKay always get soo much screen time? If he does that could be a big problem.Especially if he is always so annoying.I can see that being a problem with some of the other Actors.
          yes, he does. rodney, like others have said is the exposition boy and universal problem solver, so he does get a LOT of screen time.

one main crit i've heard and i do agree with is that he rants a lot. the whole 'impending death but let me yell and tell you hysterically just how impossible this is so that you can order me to fix it' thing

for me, once in a while it's ok, but eps after eps it does get a bit trying
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

True.I was glad to see
            Spoiler:
            Sam did not just take it and it looked like she had no patience for McKay.IMO TPTB have a bad habit of having Sam try to be nice to everyone no matter how they treat her.I want to see the Sam that takes no BS from anyone.Whether they are Allies or Villians.

Comment

IMO TPTB need to push the McKay character into the backround every now and again and give another character a chance.I give any Fan a ton of credit who can watch this character week after week.Last night he reminder me of a chicken running around without his head.I was hoping someone would slap him silly.

Comment

yes, those little bits of irritation were good

the eye rolls, looks, glances, grinning behind his back

Spoiler:
                sam may have been glad to be there adn doing her job, but she was looking forward to working with rod about as much as she would be a hole in the head
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                  It's so weird... this is neither a pro- nor anti- post, but I just can't figure it out... I've seen all of season 9, all of season 10 (so far), and Mitchell seems the same to me. Maybe a little more serious (I would be to after the incident at the Ori Supergate), but he seems the same Mitchell from season 9. At least to me.
                  For me, Mitchell's been all over the map. There were times when we saw more military-minded/serious Mitchell like Avalon 1 and Flesh and Blood, then there were times when he was acting completely on impulses and whims like Stronghold and Off the Grid then we saw him at other times trying to be the funny guy yucking it up...

I remember Ben saying they didn't want to nail him down to any one personality because they were trying to figure out what works. But as long as Coop continues to think of Mitchell as the intergalactic screw up with such glee, I am going to have a hard time taking him seriously.

I was much happier with his characterization in Pegasus Project. At first I was irked by the fact that Shep
                  Spoiler:
                  gave the lemon to Mitchell rather than Sam, who was the one who'd have to spend more time with McKay. And then Agent Dark suggested it was due to the fact that Sam had probably already built up enough McKay defenses of her own that she wouldn't need the prop and that made sense to me on some level. Further I was irritated by Mitchell jumping in and defending Sam against McKay because she knew out to take care of herself just fine around him. But then the more I thought about it, she did great on her own and didn't need Mitchell to help...and as long as he knew she didn't need him to ride to her rescue, it was a nice gesture of support.
                  I still stand by my sense that so far, Season 10 is much better than all of Season 9. There are a few episodes I'm really looking forward to and then there are others that are like landmines of awfulness just waiting to blow.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    yes, those little bits of irritation were good

the eye rolls, looks, glances, grinning behind his back

Spoiler:
                    sam may have been glad to be there adn doing her job, but she was looking forward to working with rod about as much as she would be a hole in the head
                    LOL Yeah. Sam's
                    Spoiler:
                    "Ooooh, we weren't going to tell him that" and Vala's apology speaks to that I think
                    I did enjoy seeing them butt heads though...but then I've been looking forward to the Sam/McKay rematch for ages.

Wait...who was right in this one? SAM WAS!
                    Spoiler:
                    Because she's the one who advocated using more power. Although I love the fact that she had to admit through grit teeth that McKay had a point. That must have irked her no end.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Yes.I loved how Sam treated McKay last night.I hated how Sam felt sorry for McKay back in the episode 48 Hours after McKay give Sam such a hard time.

Comment

Yes.I loved how Sam treated McKay last night.I hated how Sam felt sorry for McKay back in the episode 48 Hours after McKay give Sam such a hard time.
                        I think that was Redemption.
                        At the end of 48 hours I think she was smiling as Hammond shipped McKay off to Syberia.

Comment

It's not a good sign that TPTB still have not figured out Mitchell.IMO it would have been great to have Mitchell be a by the book officer and be the complete opposite of Jack and have Mitchell clash with Daniel Sam and Teal'c.IMO Mash did it perfectly with the Blake and Potter transition.TPTB of SG-1 should have followed the model used by TPTB of Mash.Have the new character be the opposite of the ones that left and make sure you mention the old characters from time to time and make sure the new character fit the Show and not the other way around.The new character on Mash did not come in and take over the Show.

Comment

Remember, McKay knows that Carter thought he was hot when they were fighting. OK, she may have been kidding, but she said it.
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I think I'm going to be sick.

Comment

I think I'm going to be sick.
                                LOL. I, personally think he's cute. Has anyone seen this video of David Hewlett?
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WMmZUl0XyI&NR
                                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Working...
                                X