S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaCroix
    Sorry, but GA won't have to be looking for that article. Here's the link for the
    MS/BB thing. It's from Sony.
    LOL I don't have to hunt for any article to find the source of the information I posted.

The information I quoted in my post here didn't come from that post at Sony or from anything posted at the OS. It came directly from a face to face interview I did with Michael Shanks last year for one of my own articles.

Marla
    Last edited by GateAngel; 30 May 2006, 08:19 AM.
    ______
    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

I have a dilemma.

If Stargate is going to mine plots out of Monty Python, and apparently ignore the fact that mining plots that began as farces tends to produce derivative episodes that are also farces, I think they should just give up and use a Python song as their theme, too. Preferably "Spam" (my preference, yours may vary - I'm picturing Thor and Heimdall and Freyr in their horned helmets sitting around the restaurant eating the yellow ones and trying to pick up the flagons of ale to bang them together - but they're too heavy when they're full - decorating the shot, and film of them trying to maneuver a rowboat with a lopsided cardboard dragon's head duct-taped to the front for background video when the singing gets started). Therein lies the dilemma.

Should the new Stargate lyrics proclaim "Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap - Crap! Season 10 is Crap! It's all Crap!" or "Dreck, dreck, dreck, dreck, dreck, dreck, dreck, dreck - Dreck! Stargate's now Dreck! More and more Dreck!"???

I kind of like "crap" because it preserves the "a" sound from Spam, but, they tell me that sound of "k" as "dreck" is inherently funny, and season 9 and the spoilers for season 10 deserve all the mocking that can be piled upon them, IMO.

I mean - here's the Stargate restaurant, and everything on the menu is "Crap, crap, crap, ham, and crap" or "Dreck, dreck, Corn, dreck, and dreck." It describes the whole show so completely for me now - and they could use the whole skit as the new opening credits and I think it would really improve each ep via its inclusion.

:wanders off imagining the animated gif version of the Stargate Spam Song openng credits:
      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

snipped
        Originally posted by Simhavaktra
        I have a dilemma.

If Stargate is going to mine plots out of Monty Python, and apparently ignore the fact that mining plots that began as farces tends to produce derivative episodes that are also farces, I think they should just give up and use a Python song as their theme, too. Preferably "Spam" (my preference, yours may vary - I'm picturing Thor and Heimdall and Freyr in their horned helmets sitting around the restaurant eating the yellow ones and trying to pick up the flagons of ale to bang them together - but they're too heavy when they're full - decorating the shot, and film of them trying to maneuver a rowboat with a lopsided cardboard dragon's head duct-taped to the front for background video when the singing gets started).

I mean - here's the Stargate restaurant, and everything on the menu is "Crap, crap, crap, ham, and crap" or "Dreck, dreck, Corn, dreck, and dreck." It describes the whole show so completely for me now - and they could use the whole skit as the new opening credits and I think it would really improve each ep via its inclusion.

:wanders off imagining the animated gif version of the Stargate Spam Song openng credits:
        There is a survey thread asking who we would like to see in the supposed spinoff - I would love to see this.
        sigpic
        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

snipped
          Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          *hides noose with smurf, sky and Regan*

It's an interesting issue. I mean, you've got

Spoiler:
          Cameron tied to a hotel bed (in what we can only assume is a very sexual-compromising position) and Vala finds him. Now, ignoring the stupidity of it all and the damn near blasphemy being employed, considering I just remembered the great moment between Jack and Teal'c in the motel in S4, what reason could they possibly have to include this? Oh, there is none? Great. Just checking.

Do you think
          Spoiler:
          Vala is there to bring Cam a supply of quarters for the vibrating bed?
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
            snipped

Do you think
            Spoiler:
            Vala is there to bring Cam a supply of quarters for the vibrating bed?
            probably. if hte boys can find a way to put a sex joke in it, they'll take it
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              probably. if hte boys can find a way to put a sex joke in it, they'll take it
              Especially considering you'll have
              Spoiler:
              handcuffs and/or rope, an exchange of money in some way shape or form, a vibrating bed and an amnesiac, yet ever-so-sultry, Vala looking on.

I'd bet a year's tuition on that one, hands down.

Comment

and LORD forbid they miss the chance to toss something tawdry in there.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  and LORD forbid they miss the chance to toss something tawdry in there.
                  Well, IMO, any spoiler involving one or more of...

Spoiler:
                  Amnesiac hero/heroine

Hero tied to a bed by a woman

Car/motorcycle/vehicle chase (especially with rollover stunt) in a science fiction genre piece

...already has a selection of tawdry things tossed into it.

Those SGC initials actually stand for Sex, Guffaws & Cliches, these days.

Comment

Those SGC initials actually stand for Sex, Guffaws & Cliches, these days.
                    That oughtta be a sig, Simha... It oughtta be a sig.

Comment

That oughtta be a sig, Simha... It oughtta be a sig.
                      Only with a disclaimer at the bottom: *And that's not a good thing.

I vomit upon the "Sex, Guffaws & Cliches."

Comment

Only with a disclaimer at the bottom: *And that's not a good thing.

I vomit upon the "Sex, Guffaws & Cliches."
                        Would the disclaimer really be necessary? For some people, I guess, huh?

Now all you have to do is make the "1" mean something. I'm sure PR or Toaster would be up for the challenge, if it pains you...

Comment

Would the disclaimer really be necessary? For some people, I guess, huh?

Now all you have to do is make the "1" mean something. I'm sure PR or Toaster would be up for the challenge, if it pains you...
                          me?!!? why me?! <mumbles incoherently about certain dancers volunteering people for certain things>

undone? or for the snark, perhaps outdone? just plain old done?
                          can't spell it out, huh? worth a try...1-->l for lust? 1-->I for imbeciles?
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            me?!!? why me?! <mumbles incoherently about certain dancers volunteering people for certain things>
                            Sorry. It's what I do.

undone? or for the snark, perhaps outdone? just plain old done?
                            can't spell it out, huh? worth a try...1-->l for lust? 1-->I for imbeciles?
                            Hehe... It's a work in progress.

Comment

Aaargh!

10.12 Bounty
                              Spoiler:
                              "Cameron Mitchell goes to his high school reunion in Kansas, accompanied by Vala Mal Doran. What Mitchell doesn’t don’t know is that he’s been tracked to the event by a humanoid, alien bounty hunter who wants to use Mitchell as bait for a bigger prize."

It's called Stargate: SG-1. S-T-A-R-G-A-T-E. The round spinny thing. Flushes sideways. Allows travel to other planets. SG-1. The team. Which includes 3 other people.

I guess this is one of the weeks Michael Shanks is taking off.

Comment

Surely "1" stands for the number of people who will still be watching the show by the end of season 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X