S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    farscape got cancelled not necessarily because of a lack of quality (although s4, which i did catch bits and pieces of did fall into the sex humor/gross out tricks that stargate is trying now) but because there were financial issues

FS was pulling good ratings...then stargate came along and pulled better ratings. so scifi said to FS, 'you can have half a season' (or whatever the number was, it wasn't a full season), FS said 'no, we have to have a whole season'

they reached an imapsse and the show was cancelled

about the only ratings hurt FS is that, since they were lower than stargate's, FS didn't have the bargainign power they would have had had thier ratings been higher

you've seen FS fans, how, in the case of SOME, fanatically loyal they can be. Matt roush is a prime example. he twists and turns his reviews to be as pro FS and FS actors as he can, while before those actors were on stargate, stargate was crap to him. the show was only worth mentioning when his favorite actors joined it.

I personally think that there's someone at scifi that's the same way. fanatically devoted and wants to do anything they can to recreate thier show

and i think that thery're gonna 'sacrifice' stargate to accomplish just that
    I thought at the end of season 3 Farscape was signed for 2 more seasons... with an out, just in case. Then S4 stunk so bad and it started dropping in ratings so they tried to get S5 even cheaper.... then there were some creative difference with scifi (in fact I hear it was those that caused S4 to be so stinky). In the end SciFi exercised their "out" at the end of S4. They then got so much crp from the fans they thew them the miniseries bone. Apparently that wasnt enough and now they have sacraficed Stargate too. Probably are getting the same "good" advice farscape TPTB got..
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
      d'oh, what WAS i thinking? and i was referring to teal'c, who's been ther for NINE years!! nine years! what could possibly be left to do?
      let me think...nope...nothing ...oh, gotta go, my afternoon offering to the alter of Incompetence and Boobliage is overdo!
      teal'c! what was i thinking?!

...:reads post: :wonders she's smoking:
      Who's teal'c?

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
        Who's teal'c?
        the guy...the one with the white hair...general! yeah, that's it, general teal'c o'neill!
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

but MS would be competition for ben
          Yeh, 'cuz we s'stupeed we kent tellem part.

Couldn't keep the fingers off the keyboard.

Apologies.
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
            Yeh, 'cuz we s'stupeed we kent tellem part.

Couldn't keep the fingers off the keyboard.

Apologies.
            LOL

it'd be even funnier if they didn't think of us that way.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Who's teal'c?
              i dunno....umm, doesn't he open the gate and do that chevron stuff?????

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                I thought at the end of season 3 Farscape was signed for 2 more seasons... with an out, just in case. Then S4 stunk so bad and it started dropping in ratings so they tried to get S5 even cheaper.... then there were some creative difference with scifi (in fact I hear it was those that caused S4 to be so stinky). In the end SciFi exercised their "out" at the end of S4. They then got so much crp from the fans they thew them the miniseries bone. Apparently that wasnt enough and now they have sacraficed Stargate too. Probably are getting the same "good" advice farscape TPTB got..
                i don't know about that part, i do know i was hearing how the show changed so much in s4 compared to how great s1-3 were

if skiffy really is meddling to this extent, then they will have killed 2 good shows with thier 'assistance'

sigpic

Comment

LOL

it'd be even funnier if they didn't think of us that way.
                  don't be silly. they don't think about us heathens who refuse to worship vala and mitchell at all.

we don't exist! laa lala lala lalaaa
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Who's teal'c?
                    Isn't he the set assistant who makes the tea? You know, the one that sometimes forgets to scarper when the cameras are rolling.

If you look closely, you can catch a glimpse of him.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

i dunno....umm, doesn't he open the gate and do that chevron stuff?????
                      no way, that's siler!
                      sigpic

Comment

no way, that's siler!
                        i know, i know....he has the wrench right????

sigpic

Comment

don't be silly. they don't think about us heathens who refuse to worship vala and mitchell at all.

we don't exist! laa lala lala lalaaa
                          They know that we exist, they just don't particularly care.

They will acknowledge our existence when Season Ten flops so badly that the show is cancelled and when the Cam and Vala spinoff fails to take off.

Then we'll be the people whose refusal to accept change and to recognize great television ruined the franchise.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

i know, i know....he has the wrench right????
                            uhh, yeah...and he's always in the infirmery with that guy....what's his name? pete?

u get my PM?
                            sigpic

Comment

and gratuitous spammage for post 10,000

Sam is why i kept watching this show, and she's why i'll keep watching it. Sam is why i write my stories, and what's led to me making my friends, all of which i have in real life. She's why i went to canada for the first time, to other conventions, why i'm going to london this fall

and no matter how much the show changes and sam gets treated less than how i'd like her to be treated, nothing the BAB do can take that away.

so to them and to sam

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                                They know that we exist, they just don't particularly care.

They will acknowledge our existence when Season Ten flops so badly that the show is cancelled and when the Cam and Vala spinoff fails to take off.

Then we'll be the people whose refusal to accept change and to recognize great television ruined the franchise.
                                yep, thats us. such idiots we are.

side note: just saw this one. at least GW knows what balance is.

yay sam!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X