S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoser
    I rarely miss a repeat of Season 1 - 8. My family thinks I nuts (they may be right) cause I own the box sets. Season 9, can't say I've seen one episode twice and just don't care.
    As for season 10, I was thrilled RDA would return to 'tie up loose ends'. Now I may just not watch. If I don't know what they do I can live in my happy little dream world (the original SG-1). I'm not against change - but this disaster is too much to take. The spoilers are horrid!
    Nothing in the spoilers I have read tells me they have corrected the problems of S9. I was happy when I learned that RDA was making a return for 5 eps. Then I found out that 3 out of the 5 was SGA. I guess they thought RDA would ruin the great chemistry the new team as developed. barf!
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      I guess they thought RDA would ruin the great chemistry the new team as developed. barf!
      I'd say that their worry was that the great chemistry and the wonderful bond that the four original members of SG-1 share would show up the fact that this is a team that neither Mitchell or Vala will ever truly be a part of, even if the others make a conscious effort to include them.

My fear is that Jack is going to be used to endorse Mitchell as the team leader - even though, if anything, I would see Jack being ticked off on Sam's behalf about the current command situation - before being shipped to Atlantis in the hopes of drawing viewers there.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Nothing in the spoilers I have read tells me they have corrected the problems of S9. I was happy when I learned that RDA was making a return for 5 eps. Then I found out that 3 out of the 5 was SGA. I guess they thought RDA would ruin the great chemistry the new team as developed. barf!
        i do wonder if that has something to do with the 3 atlantis eps. if they'r afraid that having jack back will bring up a 'wow, he's so much better than mitch' an accentuate any perceived lacks in mitch's character

personally? i'd love it if jack gave cam a bit of a 'dude, snap out of it, it's not a game and peopel die' lecture and do a little cambo exorcism
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i do wonder if that has something to do with the 3 atlantis eps. if they'r afraid that having jack back will bring up a 'wow, he's so much better than mitch' an accentuate any perceived lacks in mitch's character

personally? i'd love it if jack gave cam a bit of a 'dude, snap out of it, it's not a game and peopel die' lecture and do a little cambo exorcism
          I also feel the same way about that.
          sigpic

Comment

TPTB pimped the hell out of RDA's return. They know that the ratings were crap this season. However, they don't want it to be proven to them by having the ratings soar with his return to the Gate - hence the 3 Atlantis episodes.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
              TPTB pimped the hell out of RDA's return. They know that the ratings were crap this season. However, they don't want it to be proven to them by having the ratings soar with his return to the Gate - hence the 3 Atlantis episodes.
              and drawing as many sg1 fans over to atl as possible

sigpic

Comment

There could be an element of that there; they can't have RDA and Jack back full time and even if they could, they can't really toss Beau Bridges aside.

They had Season Nine to develop Mitchell's character and now, for better or worse, they're stuck with him as he is.

The more time Jack and Mitchell have onscreen together, the more obvious the differences between the characters will be.

That would be nice, as well as very in character for Jack, but somehow I doubt we'll see TPTB's favourite hewo slighted.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                  I wonder if they've completely given up on the possibility of a Season Eleven.

RDA and Jack's return would have given Season Ten a ratings boost, even if the rest of the season did dismally and it could even have drawn a few of the fans who left when Jack did back to the show.

If, instead of milking this advantage for all it's worth, TPTB are instead transferring it to Atlantis, I wonder if they're doing that because soon Atlantis will be all that's left.

Comment

I agree with all the above posts for RDA's appearances in Atlantis. I also think that they don't know what to do with him if he was in SG-1. They wanted him back for episode 200, but he offered to do four more episodes, which I think surprised TPTB. Now they would have to write stories involving Jack with another five people (plus Landry etc). This would take away from the Vala devil sprog story.
                    sigpic

Comment

I would like that too, but more than likely he will give Cam his stamp of approval. Thoughout S9 there has been the issue of who is really in charge of SG-1. I think TPTB thought that everyone would just blindly accept Cam as the leader, no matter how incompetent they made him. Cam is the alpha male leader of SG-1 what better way to promote it than through Jack.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I would like that too, but more than likely he will give Cam his stamp of approval. Thoughout S9 there has been the issue of who is really in charge of SG-1. I think TPTB thought that everyone would just blindly accept Cam as the leader, no matter how incompetent they made him. Cam is the alpha male leader of SG-1 what better way to promote it than through Jack.
                        Without a doubt I'm sure this will happen. *barf*
                        sigpic

Comment

and what they don't realize is that if they'd have just written cam 'better' from the get go, there'd be no need for jack to pump him up.

If the writers had done thier job better, cameron wouldn't need 'saving'

sigpic

Comment

Since I don't see the Jack O'Neill I came to know and love over the first eight, wonderful seasons approving of Mitchell's antics, or allowing him to continue to lead his friends if he had any say in the matter, having Jack give Mitchell his seal of approval will not improve my opinion of Mitchell in the slightest.

All it will do is make me disappointed in Jack.

(I plan to give Jack the benefit of the doubt and assume that he (a) has been brainwashed or (b) replaced by a clone without the benefit of a brain, though)

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              Since I don't see the Jack O'Neill I came to know and love over the first eight, wonderful seasons approving of Mitchell's antics, or allowing him to continue to lead his friends if he had any say in the matter, having Jack give Mitchell his seal of approval will not improve my opinion of Mitchell in the slightest.

All it will do is make me disappointed in Jack.

(I plan to give Jack the benefit of the doubt and assume that he (a) has been brainwashed or (b) replaced by a clone without the benefit of a brain, though)
                              c) his body is being used as a puppet, controlled by several men who think mitchell is 20xs better than sliced bread. even the cinnamon raisin kind. i believe their new name is BAB. maybe we should call him BAB!Jack.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

it's simpler than that..it's another clone

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X