No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, right! Sam coming back armed with that knowledge would have taken away from Da Greatness That Is Cam Mitchell! No WAY would that have happened. Honestly, I'm shocked she got that story. Luckily she did, it kept her away from the travesty that was Bad Guys.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Yeah, right! Sam coming back armed with that knowledge would have taken away from Da Greatness That Is Cam Mitchell! No WAY would that have happened. Honestly, I'm shocked she got that story. Luckily she did, it kept her away from the travesty that was Bad Guys.
      That was just B.A.D.

Yes one time I was glad Sam wasn't in an episode
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

for those that watch sanctuary, Bank Job is how Bad Guys could have been done.

Or what if, instead of taking hostages, SG1 took on the role of the 'ghosts' of the museum...playing one side against the other to buy time until they can get out. Maybe honor that 'we can't make first contact' rule instead of shooting it all to heck and back
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

But then we couldn't have such great things happen as Vala pull out a glass cutter and show off her professional skills at breaking into things. Har har har. Can't remember much else besides a bad baste about the bad taste.
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

To this day, I still believe that Season 10 was one of SG-1's finest seasons. Were some episodes better than others, sure they were. But, IMO, the good far outweighed the bad in Season 10.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

And you are fully entitled to that opinion.

I disagree. Obviously.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                To this day, I still believe that Season 10 was one of SG-1's finest seasons. Were some episodes better than others, sure they were. But, IMO, the good far outweighed the bad in Season 10.
                I think there were some decent episodes and some decent ideas. But I think the stories were often inferior and the execution was at best, nothing special.
                I think you'll find that most of us here think the direction the show took in S9 & 10 did not lead to its finest hours.

For the sake of discussion, what do you think was one of the best episodes and why? (Be prepared for most of us to disagree with you)

Comment

Happy New Year everyone. Here's to more fun critiques and contemplations in 2011.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    Happy New Year everyone. Here's to more fun critiques and contemplations in 2011.
                    Happy New Year!!!!

as for a new years resolution....more critiques
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      I think that by Season Ten, TPTB were less interested in Mitchell than in Vaniel.

I'd have liked to see the ethical dilemma for the SGC, since they could use Sam's knowledge to protect Earth but, at the same time, even Landry would be able to predict that his superiors are likely to seize on the idea to protect Earth, and leave the rest of the galaxy to fend for itself. Doing it means that the rest of the galaxy is unprotected but not doing it means that every Earth casualty of the conflict with the Ori from then on is one that they could have prevented.

Of course, if they'd taken Earth out of phase, Daniel wouldn't be able to get back, so there's two chances that TPTB would have allowed it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                        Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                          I think that by Season Ten, TPTB were less interested in Mitchell than in Vaniel.
                          I completely agree. It was all part of having a PTB who had tunnel vision and didn't think in terms of TEAM, which imho was the main thing that made classic SG1 something worth watching. He wanted to be doing a different show with different characters.
                          So we got A****n Jackson and Vala; Two Pistol Teal'c (when he wasn't being tortured) and Sam/Laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            I completely agree. It was all part of having a PTB who had tunnel vision and didn't think in terms of TEAM, which imho was the main thing that made classic SG1 something worth watching. He wanted to be doing a different show with different characters.
                            So we got A****n Jackson and Vala; Two Pistol Teal'c (when he wasn't being tortured) and Sam/Laptop.
                            And boy did that Laptop travel well
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              I think that part of their trouble was that they didn't take Season Eight as an opportunity to work with the team when Jack was no longer part of SG-1, at least not to the extent that they could have. Instead of giving Jack a Hammond-sized role for most eps, with an occasional trip off-world, they moved a lot of the action to the SGC and had Jack offworld whenever they could come up with a reason for it. While I like Season Eight, I wonder if they might have been better prepared for Season Nine, without RDA, if they had spent more time with the three-person SG-1 in Season Eight.

If they had, perhaps they wouldn't have felt the need for a male hewo to lead the team, and opted to have Major Mitchell instead.

While writing my Stargate/4400 crossover series, I became very fond of Major Mitchell. All he needed was a few tweaks.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                                I think that part of their trouble was that they didn't take Season Eight as an opportunity to work with the team when Jack was no longer part of SG-1, at least not to the extent that they could have. Instead of giving Jack a Hammond-sized role for most eps, with an occasional trip off-world, they moved a lot of the action to the SGC and had Jack offworld whenever they could come up with a reason for it. While I like Season Eight, I wonder if they might have been better prepared for Season Nine, without RDA, if they had spent more time with the three-person SG-1 in Season Eight.

If they had, perhaps they wouldn't have felt the need for a male hewo to lead the team, and opted to have Major Mitchell instead.

While writing my Stargate/4400 crossover series, I became very fond of Major Mitchell. All he needed was a few tweaks.
                                Whether it was the producers or the network, they didn't seem to realize that the remaining 3 could carry the show with RDA in a minimal role. And I say that as a Jack fan. They may not have been able to in say, Season 3, but by Season 8, definitely, imho.

Comment

Working...
                                X