S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I think the part i disliked about the whole citrus thing was...it's like they were mocking people with serious allergies. It would have been different had it just given him hives or something, but his 'deathly allergic' means that a sip of oj could kill him.

not a joking matter
    It's not funny at all. I'm seriously allergic to most antibiotics and if some one I considered a friend waved a syringe of penicillin at me in an attempt to "keep me in line" you can bet I wouldn't be friends with them any more.

It was just very low-class. Shep and Mitchell we're clearly not officers and gentlemen.
    Last edited by Ashizuri; 24 February 2010, 09:10 AM.
    Originally posted by Callista
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Originally posted by HPMom
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      I like the light-hearted elements too, but while earlier it seemed more like finding humor in the moment in the later seasons it seemed like they were trying too hard to tell jokes. And stuff that should have been taken seriously were treated in a joking manner too. There was a balance between being serious and funny that I think they missed.
      Precisely. Earlier the humor lightened the mood if if threatened to become "aren't we being oh so serious and important" but the stories were still basically serious ones.

Originally posted by suse View Post
      I remember eating 2 slivers of orange across the table from a friend. She said "Susan" in a funny way - when I looked at her her eyes were swollen from the orange oil. Seriously. I immediately moved the plate *off* the table and went and washed my hands so the smell/residue wouldn't be on my hands. Seriously. 2 small slices as garnish on a plate.

So, totally not funny. And John/Rodney were supposed to be best buds.

suse
      immaturity and thoughtlessness disguised as "humor" imho

Now Rodney overdramatizing about a hangnail would be a different story

Comment

and is there a religion out there that didn't persecute and murder the ones that believe the 'wrong' thing?

I don't want to start a religious debate and that is off topic, yet brainwashing to kill off the infidels/unbelievers has been an 'evil' of every religion out there. (the crusades, the inquisition, etc)

we, as in humans, have been murdering in the name of religion since there were religions

and yeah, in AOT, all we did was brainwash for a 'nicer' reason than an 'evil' one.
        Buddhism?

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
          Buddhism?
          Well technically it's a philosophy not a religion, though some consider it a religion.
          -

Comment

so one out of how many?

the christians have picked on the jews, the jews picked on the christians, the muslims have picked on the christians, the christians have picked on each other, persecuted turns into persecutor, it's an endless cycle

which is why i found the ori thing so trying. because were the humans REALLY that different from the Ori?

'you're believing the wrong thing, here we'll educate you in a better way'
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

so one out of how many?

the christians have picked on the jews, the jews picked on the christians, the muslims have picked on the christians, the christians have picked on each other, persecuted turns into persecutor, it's an endless cycle

which is why i found the ori thing so trying. because were the humans REALLY that different from the Ori?

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

.... Don't think any religion is immune to it. D:

My 666th post. How... fitting. *shakes fist at the Man above with his wacky ways*
              you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

I'm terribly allergic to lemons and I didn't find the jokes about Rodney (Sam: Go suck a lemon) to be bothersome at all.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                  Buddhism?
                  Not even that one, given the violence between the Buddhist majority and Hindu minority in Sri Lanka.

so one out of how many?

Yeah, that was off, they may have done it for a better reason but it was still brainwashing millions of people.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    I'm terribly allergic to lemons and I didn't find the jokes about Rodney (Sam: Go suck a lemon) to be bothersome at all.
                    SAm telling him to go suck a lemon was just another way to say "drop dead." And I loved it. On the other hand, holding an actual lemon and threatening him wasn't so great despite how much I dislike Rodney.

Comment

exactly.
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

so one out of how many?

Such a good point!

Comment

*in my best Frankenstein voice*

This thread is aliiiive again...!

Originally posted by leksa View Post
                          Such a good point!
                          Indeed. Many a good point was made here.
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

*wipes away a tear of joy*

My favourite thread breathes again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                              *wipes away a tear of joy*

My favourite thread breathes again.
                              Blimey, if I knew I would post it earlier. ;-)
                              Here, have a hanky!

Comment

*wipes off cob webs*

Good to see the thread up again
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X