S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves hand negilgantly*

as long as it's whitea and flowing....with the bodice kept in place with double sided tape, it'll be fine

no one knows the difference anyway
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe they can borrow the Wraith Queen's outfit, make some judicious cuts (to show more cleavage, of course) and call it "new" and "different".

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        yeah, i posted this in whinge nuts, but i think folks here should have a chance to mock a little

anyone in the mod for mockage????

memento mori spoilers
        Spoiler:
        Stargate SG-1, "Memento Mori" (Role of Ryan)
        Episodic
        MGM1 Hour Episodic / Sci-Fi ChannelDraft: April 6, 2006
        Exec. Producers: Robert Cooper /Brad Wright / John SmithDirector: TBD
        Writers: Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie
        Start Date: 5/1/2006
        SUBMIT HARDCOPY ASAP
        (CENTURY CITY)
        GEN. LANDRY: CAST (BEAU BRIDGES)
        COL. MITCHELL: CAST (BEN BROWDER)
        VALA: CAST (CLAUDIA BLACK)
        [RYAN] Late 30s. A nice and well-meaning guy, this cop is a regular at the deli where the fugitiveVala gets a job. When Vala takes down a couple of would-be robbers, Ryan takes her in forquestioning, but has a hard time comprehending this disoriented and mysterious"waitress"...GUEST LEAD
        STORY LINE: Vala is kidnapped by the evil ATHENA, who wants to access information hiddendeep in the recesses of Vala's memory. But when Vala is subjected to a memory device, themachine backfires and wipes out all her memories. Now on the lam from her captors, Vala gets ajob as a deli waitress while trying to piece together the puzzle of her origins...
        ___

oh lord, can we go into what a frelling CLICHE this is????? amnesiac vala?? dude, already tried that with daniel and it worked so 'well' that it was forgotten 3 episodes in.

what is this piece of tripe? another excuse to get vala into some skimpy costume? i mean this piece of junk reads like a bloody fanfic gone awry. cept most fanfic writers that i know of are better than to use such a blatlant cliche and rip off

can we guess the ending...vala exchanging a tender kiss with ryan as she reluctantly returns to the waiting and worried arms of her new best friends

gag, ok, so they're gonna mary sue her? didn't they learn with mitch that marty/mary sueing characters is NOT the way tomake them acceptible
        Hello, are these actual spoilers or a paraody? Cause I thought the post was a joke but then decided to look at the GW synopsys and now I am thinking its not a joke. Well it is a Joke but apparently not an "on purpose" joke. Seriously what his this !@#$%^&*(..... I really didnt think they could make Stargate worse then S9 but apparently they are going for the CRAPPYNESS CROWN. Now they do have to fight S4 of Adomenda and the SciFi Originals but really with this absoult !@#$%^ crap I think they will take the crown.

Stargate has many many crowns now. S1-8 it was the best episodic TV show in History. S9 had the biggest Mary Sues in actual professional TV show writing. They get the longest Running US Scifi show in History and now they will have the S10 will be the abosolute crapiest TV show in history.

!@#$%^&
        !@#$%^
        !@#$%^&
        How the @#$%^& could they freaking screw this show up!!!!!!!!!! All they had to do... ALL THEY HAD TO DO.... was go on without RDA but with the other 3 and maybe add a little supporting cast. INstead they freaking f!@#$%^&*( the show all to h........ ho whatever, my decsision NOT to watch this crp anymore is looking more and more like an awesome decsision. I think I will drop atlantis too, lest I get a glips of the rotting corps that is SG1 and I lose all hope (what remains of my hope) in humanity.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

S9 was a Jack O'Neill is dreaming issue.
          Now its not Jack is dreaming in his bed and wakes up kind of a dream.
          Its more of a Jack and the rest of SG-1 were forced to go to some dumbaz party thats being thrown for the new dumbaz that will be the face of Stargate command as it becomes public.

See jack is in a boredom\acohol induced near comma as Carter kicks him under the table to wake him up. He looks up and sees that same dumbaz telling the same dumaz story about his old hag grandma "my god does this guy ever shut up". Jack glimpse over at Hammond whos glassy stare shows that even the most long term\hardend\political savy Generals have their limits.

It seems Dumaz here managed to get himself shot down over antartica after disobeying the battle plan that Hammond had laid out. But what can you do, his dad is an honest to goodness real life heror with lots and lots of political connections. And well Dumaz has the looks to be the "face of the SGC".

I mean it really couldnt be Jack. After all, he may be a general but he still has the same distain for the politicos as he has always had and he really cannot even fathom the requisits in the butt kiss ability of dumaz there.

The face cant be Carter either. I mean not only is she a "girl" but she would talk so far over anyones head that all the politicos would be in commas. Plus her interview for that twerp a couple of years ago really didnt go to well. She may be brilliant but she has no PR ability and refuses to put on all the "girly" crap that the media boys think would "get the program some attention".

The face cant be Teal'c, hes an alien and he interviews worse then Carter... mainly because he refuses to talk.

And lastly the face cant be Daniel. No doubt he has the actual "face" for it but really... again he would talk the politcos into a comma. He would actually stand up for what he believes in instead of but snorklering his way around the mountain. And although he does wear a mean suit, he cant keep it any neater and cleaner then a 6 year old. Plus he aint military... plus he used to be a anti military beatnick type.

So there you go... SGC is going to go public and needed a Face. What better face then the face of the son of a true hero who got himself shot down "saving the world". So what if he didnt actually save anything. So what if he actually didnt follow the plan. So what if 30 other true heros are laying in the ground in washington, one because of dumaz. Hey, hes what the politicos want.

Jack takes some more of his drink and starts to fall back into his comma the images of Orieos in flying toliet ships and pretty scantily clad\easy women start to fill his brain (season 10). This time Carter kicks him real hard and he realizes everyone is standing up and shaking hands. All of SG-1 dutifully go over to dumaz and do the fake smile and get their pictures taken with him. They then wander off and meet up with Hammond and Mjr Davis who both are apologizing to them for this "rent a crowd" gig and assure them it will be over soon. But not soon enough... Teal'c casually mentions he has heard of this human tradition that he thinks would be far more interesting then their current situation. The other three agree and less then an hour later they are all kicked back trying to explain the finer aspects of Bowling to their Jaffa friend. Major Davis comes back to the lane carrying the beer, hammond has the nachos. Then jack starts to tell them about the weirdest\stupidest dream he has ever had...
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This has to be a joke - a very sad, bad joke. If this is indeed what the ep is about it is being added to the growing list of eps to miss in S10 - TPRTS have really lost touch, really lost IT if THIS is what they can come up with - the baby crapfest is bad enough - this is just sad.
            Last edited by binkpmmc; 03 May 2006, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              Hello, are these actual spoilers or a paraody? Cause I thought the post was a joke but then decided to look at the GW synopsys and now I am thinking its not a joke. Well it is a Joke but apparently not an "on purpose" joke. Seriously what his this !@#$%^&*(..... I really didnt think they could make Stargate worse then S9 but apparently they are going for the CRAPPYNESS CROWN. Now they do have to fight S4 of Adomenda and the SciFi Originals but really with this absoult !@#$%^ crap I think they will take the crown.

Stargate has many many crowns now. S1-8 it was the best episodic TV show in History. S9 had the biggest Mary Sues in actual professional TV show writing. They get the longest Running US Scifi show in History and now they will have the S10 will be the abosolute crapiest TV show in history.

!@#$%^&
              !@#$%^
              !@#$%^&
              How the @#$%^& could they freaking screw this show up!!!!!!!!!! All they had to do... ALL THEY HAD TO DO.... was go on without RDA but with the other 3 and maybe add a little supporting cast. INstead they freaking f!@#$%^&*( the show all to h........ ho whatever, my decsision NOT to watch this crp anymore is looking more and more like an awesome decsision. I think I will drop atlantis too, lest I get a glips of the rotting corps that is SG1 and I lose all hope (what remains of my hope) in humanity.
              so....how do you really feel?????

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                This has to be a joke - a very sad, bad joke. If this is indeed what the ep is about it is being added to the growing list of eps to miss in S10 - TIIC have really lost touch, really lost IT if THIS is what they can come up with - the baby crapfest is bad enough - this is just sad.
                it's definitely reached farce level

i mean...it IS a bad fanfic gone to tape

sigpic

Comment

yeah, they diss folks like that...and then wonder why it's not all sweetness adn roses?????

it IS still called SG-1...be nice if we got to see those other three folks every once in a while
                  not to mention the name star-GATE. it'd be nice to see that 'big honkin' round ring with a bunch of little pictures' a bit too, or am I just being too high maintenance????
                  If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                  proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                  Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

so....how do you really feel?????
                    oy, i feel confused, mainly because I can't decide which to do first

puke or cry?

<----quickly guages proximity to toilet

waaaaaaa. major galactic badness run amok...
                    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                      not to mention the name star-GATE. it'd be nice to see that 'big honkin' round ring with a bunch of little pictures' a bit too, or am I just being too high maintenance????
                      yes, the true indisposible star of teh show....that round spinny thing

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone else think that the released episode spoilers so far are
                        Spoiler:
                        heavy on Vala and Cam with a dash of Daniel? Looks like Sam and Teal'c are going to get relegated to minor roles, much like they were in season nine. Daniel probably won't fare much better unless he's Vala!sidekick. Well, that's frustrating but not all that surprising.

Vala waitressing in a deli. Man, this show moves further and further away from the serious. Are those gateworld shot glasses ready yet? I might buy two and doublefist it.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                          This has to be a joke - a very sad, bad joke. If this is indeed what the ep is about it is being added to the growing list of eps to miss in S10 - TIIC have really lost touch, really lost IT if THIS is what they can come up with - the baby crapfest is bad enough - this is just sad.
                          Can I barf now?
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

yep.

apparantly the name of the game is to dump on the blond and the black guy while turning the show into farscape redux

MS better watch out or they'll start putting him ina red robe with long hair and heavy makeup

sigpic

Comment

yep.

apparantly the name of the game is to dump on the blond and the black guy while turning the show into farscape redux

MS better watch out or they'll start putting him ina red robe with long hair and heavy makeup
                              hmmm! MS in a robe and flowing red hair-might be an improvement.

*runs and hides
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                                Can I barf now?
                                :joins the queue to barf:
                                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X