Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    I wonder who'd be showrunner for SGU.
    RCC and BW I expect. They're the ones pitching it.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
      RCC and BW I expect. They're the ones pitching it.
      I've seen RCC's vision of a 'good show', I don't hold up much hope, if he has free reign of SGU
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        I've seen RCC's vision of a 'good show', I don't hold up much hope, if he has free reign of SGU
        The level of RCC's involvement has been inversely related to my enjoyment of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          I lost hope when it sounded like the stargate would be used less often than it is in an average episode of Two and a Half Men.

Comment

here's another board to try out. It's brand new....

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Stargate_IOA/index.php?

new members welcome.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

My fellow antis, to take our minds of the show for some time, I present: The next installment of The Gel Hell Saga, chapter 9.

The Gel Hell Saga
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                here's another board to try out. It's brand new....

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Stargate_IOA/index.php?

new members welcome.
                I can barely keep up with GW and Sanctuaryfans.com

But thanks for the invite.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Regarding new writers if Stargate Universe gets greenlighted: Note that they hired a little when they did SGA. And several writers were let go/left when SG-1 was cancelled. So they *would* need more. More can be one, not the 3-5 I ithnk they need.

suse
                  bursting bubbles everywhere

Off topic: We got rain! Not much, but as we haven't had *any* in 10 days or so... I'm sad the midwest got so flooded.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

and we in the midwest are equally glad that we're not getting much/any

rained a bit over night, but just a little, not flooding deluges, and best yet, no hail or torandoes
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      and we in the midwest are equally glad that we're not getting much/any

rained a bit over night, but just a little, not flooding deluges, and best yet, no hail or torandoes
                      We got hail today...from pea size to the size of a quarter.
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                        Regarding new writers if Stargate Universe gets greenlighted: Note that they hired a little when they did SGA. And several writers were let go/left when SG-1 was cancelled. So they *would* need more. More can be one, not the 3-5 I ithnk they need.

suse
                        bursting bubbles everywhere

Off topic: We got rain! Not much, but as we haven't had *any* in 10 days or so... I'm sad the midwest got so flooded.
                        I agree more writers with different viewpoints would be great. Maybe even a female one God knows they don't write women characters well at all does anyone have any hope for the new ones on Atlantis?
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                          TPTB saw RDA was cutting back on his time. It was not something out of the blue. It was pretty much a big neon sign. How about instead of killing of Janet you could have had Janet on SG-1 with Sam Daniel and Teal'c? You have Reynolds fill in until AT gets back in Season 9. I would have been happy with AU Janet and you bring Cassie in for some episodes and you have the Janet and Cassie dynamic.I think having Janet gives you someone who was very popular with the fanbase. I still think TPTB was shocked at getting a season 9. JM always said no RDA no new seasons. TPTB still should have planned for a season 9 and beyond. Having a season 9 was such a waste when we could have had a couple more movies by now. RDA wanted to cut back on the weekly appearances and was looking forward to SG-1 movies.
                          I don't think it would work to move Janet onto SG-1. Given her skills, it makes more sense to keep her on base. Reynolds, on the other hand, could have worked as a permanent fourth. Dixon, I think, would be even better. With both, though, you get around that pesky command issue because they both outranked Sam. While I don't like the idea of moving Sam out of command (at all!), it would have been far more plausible if the leader in question at least had experience.
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

i would have LOVED to have seen dixon take jack's place. that would have been stellar. of course, i think adam baldwin was doing firefly at the time.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              i would have LOVED to have seen dixon take jack's place. that would have been stellar. of course, i think adam baldwin was doing firefly at the time.
                              Yeah Dixon would have been great. I wouldn't have minded Cam as a major or Captain but not the same rank and not as CO instead of Sam it didn't work.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Unfortunately they'd backed themselves into a bit of a corner in s8 (which they thought was their last at the time) re command & characters. That would've been the time to bring in another character who could 'step up' in Sam's absence (be Sam to her Jack, so to speak). Hindsight is such a wonderful thing
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X