No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, that little song reminded me of something.

What exactly does Kree mean???

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
      OK, that little song reminded me of something.

What exactly does Kree mean???
      Many things. It can mean "Come here; Shut up; Now; Run" It's basically an all-around Jaffa term. Most just get what it means in the context that it's used.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Eh...whatever, let her see Mitchell in Ripple Effect or the towel scene....it won't be about Mitchell, it will be about half nekkid Browder.
        she did see that scene; and funny enough, she never mentioned jack again.
        Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill
          she did see that scene; and funny enough, she never mentioned jack again.
          Ben is a pretty good actor, I would say he is the best American actor we have seen in a long time, IMHO. I don't impress easily.
          Unfortunately, I think that gets overlooked when people also notice that he is good looking and he gets known for his looks instead of talent, like Tom Cruise. Cruise can't act his way out of a wet paper sack, but people go to see his movies because they think he is good looking and the SFX and CGI...

Glad your mom discovered that she doesn't need Jack, Shaft is here now.

Comment

Ben is a pretty good actor, I would say he is the best American actor we have seen in a long time, IMHO. I don't impress easily.
            Unfortunately, I think that gets overlooked when people also notice that he is good looking and he gets known for his looks instead of talent, like Tom Cruise. Cruise can't act his way out of a wet paper sack, but people go to see his movies because they think he is good looking and the SFX and CGI...

God I can't even tell you how much I agree. Tom Cruise I still can not figure out the hype behind that man,...I do not think he'll go down as known as a great actor when even the Oscars won't even give him a nod. Only movie I ever loved him in was Top Gun, that's just a classic...

Ben is most definitely a really goooood actor, and he got to really spread his acting skills I think on Farscape, like Won't Get Fooled Again...a certain scene with somebody (nudges)...I just hope Stargate can give him that chance again

Comment

Originally posted by CCA
              God I can't even tell you how much I agree. Tom Cruise I still can not figure out the hype behind that man,...I do not think he'll go down as known as a great actor when even the Oscars won't even give him a nod. Only movie I ever loved him in was Top Gun, that's just a classic...
              Top Gun was good, but I loved Minority Report. That actually had a great all round cast, and Tom Cruise was good in that. I can't even think of what else he's been in aside from MI and WotW both of which I haven't seen.

Comment

I never saw that one, but I did want to see it but just never got around to seeing it. I did see War of the Worlds I liked that, if not for the fact I wanted to kick Dekota (love her but not the character) out of the moving van a few times in that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by CCA
                  I never saw that one, but I did want to see it but just never got around to seeing it. I did see War of the Worlds I liked that, if not for the fact I wanted to kick Dekota (love her but not the character) out of the moving van a few times in that movie.
                  Watch Minority Report- I can't remember her name but the actress who played the pre-cog (bald woman) was great as well. It was a very well-done movie, and I was very impressed by it.

Dakota Fanning was so good in Taken, I just call her the Taken girl, if I see her something else I always think of that.

Comment

Yeah I love Dakota she's a wonderful little actress for her age, she has something behind those eyes which makes her believeble...but I just hated her screaming in War of the Worlds I don't take well to screaming when things are going to hell I guess LOL it's like that isn't going to help but only give me a headache!

Comment

Originally posted by CCA
                      Yeah I love Dakota she's a wonderful little actress for her age, she has something behind those eyes which makes her believeble...but I just hated her screaming in War of the Worlds I don't take well to screaming when things are going to hell I guess LOL it's like that isn't going to help but only give me a headache!
                      Lol, she's one of those rare child actors who is very good at what she does and could potentially have staying power after the cute stage has worn off.

What the hec does this all have to do with season ten? This conversation seems to have legs, with feet attached, wearing running shoes.

Okay.....end of metaphor.....

Comment

Haha great metaphor trek42 I agree totaly off topic conversation.

The big question is why are you pro season 10 everybody??
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                          Haha great metaphor trek42 I agree totaly off topic conversation.

The big question is why are you pro season 10 everybody??
                          Because season nine was fabulous (I went in to it with great trepidation), so I'm very optimistic for season ten.

Comment

I agree I think the changes are very different one's but they are very interesting as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm pro because like Trek Girl42 said, season 9 was awsome. Why not be pro to a new season, better then nothing. I guess I can't see being any other way then being pro...

Comment

Talk about damning Ben with faint praise! "Pretty good actor"? And then comparing him to Tom Cruise? I'm going to quote TV Guide and say that he's an "outstanding" actor! SG hasn't given him too much to do that's flashy yet, ie, no huge emotional angsty scenes, but I was really impressed with the subtle way he showed Cam worrying over his friend in Stronghold, to name one example from this show. Ben's one of the best actors on TV, imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X