No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am glad season 10 is finally coming around to the US....can't wait!!!

Or at least the last part.....
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

i can't wait for the DVD's and fully intend on buying them has it been said when they would be released

i don't think i have ever left an ep of stargate where i felt cheated or the writers didn't do enough for the show S10 included
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Please, don't be angry! The hard-core fans will buy the DVDs in any case. I think they will earn more money with the airing (better rating). The DVD sales and the incomes from commercial have to show that this SG-1 movies are succesful and we want more.
        That's true... I have a couple friends at work who ask me about SG all the time, but would never buy the DVDs. So if the movies do air on skiffy, they'll definately watch (like a lot of people, I'm sure) which will still help SG and MGM

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
          i can't wait for the DVD's and fully intend on buying them has it been said when they would be released
          My best guess would be sometime this October. That's when the DVDs have come out for at least the past two seasons.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            My best guess would be sometime this October. That's when the DVDs have come out for at least the past two seasons.
            I'm guessing the DVD movies and season releases will come at the same time, or the movie releases will come around the same time as season 4 of SGA.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
              That's true... I have a couple friends at work who ask me about SG all the time, but would never buy the DVDs.
              Yer i have to agree, i have a couple of friends who borrow my box sets off me all the time, instead of buying them. which i suppose is fair enough, but the thing is the dvd's are relying on how many buy them, it can't really afford to have people not buying them and seeing them 'other ways'...if that makes some sense...which kind of worries me...

P.S Love the Sig Mitchell82
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                Yer i have to agree, i have a couple of friends who borrow my box sets off me all the time, instead of buying them. which i suppose is fair enough, but the thing is the dvd's are relying on how many buy them, it can't really afford to have people not buying them and seeing them 'other ways'...if that makes some sense...which kind of worries me...

P.S Love the Sig Mitchell82
                Yeah it makes sense and thanks by the way. Also I'm sure you'd be ticked if your DVDs came back scratched and damaged!
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Season 10 rules. I feel that the explanation that a few ancients lived after gating back to earth fills that background of the Aurthurian myths. However, I wish that they would slow it down and explore this much more. As many of us know there is a movement to continue SG-1. I hope that all of the active members have joined this movement. Continue this fight against the Ori like they continued it with the Gouald. Season 10 really brings the best enemy every against SG1!

Comment

^ I would have loved that too! Let tptb slow the show down and tell it how they had intended it to be told. Like having the
                    Spoiler:
                    dark daniel
                    arc spread across 6 eps rather than just two! I've heard that tptb had intended the ori arc to go on for three seasons but with scifi's decision that can't happen! And MGM have made it clear that movies are the future of SG1. Here's hoping that they are of the same great quality as s10 (if not better) and that they sell really well!

Ooooo...... I can't wait for Dominion! I have a feeling it's going to be HUGE!
                    sigpic
                    By *E*K*R*

Comment

Wow can't believe it took me so long to find this thread. Can I just say loud and clear...

I LOVE SEASONS NINE AND TEN

*feels so much better now*

GW gets me down with the negativity about the changes in s9 and 10 a lot, so it's kinda wonderful to see you guys *waves*

I love...

Cam and Vala. Breath of fresh air. Especially since Cam is portrayed as a fan getting to join the club
                      The Ori. Really interesting arc.
                      Teal'c hair and newly found one-liners and speech. Family Ties
                      Spoiler:

"Three words: Be Less Annoying."

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                        Wow can't believe it took me so long to find this thread. Can I just say loud and clear...

I LOVE SEASONS NINE AND TEN

kay x

hehehe... seems you found my other pro thread, too!
                        You've got a lot to catch up on in here.
                        Personally, I followed Ben to SG, but caught up with all the DVDs and I think season 10 is the BEST season of all. There were some GREAT eps in the earlier seasons (Heroes, Lost City and more) but as for full seasons... 10 is it!

Comment

Haha hey Neelan_Liquor *waves*

I'm 19 now, and I started watching SG when I was 10 or 11... So long time fan, lol. Was also a 'scaper, lol, but have only recently started going on forums.

Not entirely sure what i'd say would be the best season ever, but 10 is definitely up there.

kay x

Comment

Hey Kales, and Welcome to 'the dark side' (as so many anti s10 fans think)

I'm 19 and have been watching since the movie. I'd have to say that although a lot of the seasons have been fantastic and have had a lot of really great eps, s10 would have to be my fav. It's kept an amazingly high standard of quality all the way through and has had some amazing stories, with great character defining moments.
                            sigpic
                            By *E*K*R*

Comment

I do love season 10 a lot, I just can't choose favourites I'm indecisive that way.

And season ten: "We got the band back together!"

Everything's gelled and it all ... works!

kay x

Comment

Lol Eddie "the dark side"

Hey Kales!

It got me down too, to see all the negativity against S9 and S10 (especially S9...)

I love the fact that there are others who can agree with me, that S9 and S10 have been awesome and it wasn't just some dream, because sometimes it feels weird when so many are saying how bad s9 was when i really liked it, and some hate s10 too. I've been a long time fan and i've enjoyed every season of sg1, i was sad when Jack left, but i've still been able to watch S9 and S10 happily..i've warmed up to Cam and i love Vala...S10 is my favourite Season so far and i've only seen 13 episodes of it...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X