S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
    Just so you guys know that I'm not one of "those 'pros'", I do see some things from time to time that I don't like in eps, but the good stuff outweighs those bits by so much, that I just have to vote 7-10 for most of the eps... Insiders will be getting an 8 from me. I didn't like it anywhere near as much as Pegasus Project, but there were a LOT of fun moments (like the "arm wrestling" ) and some pretty good drama.

As far as I'm concerned, every ep begins as a 5 then points are added or subtracted as I watch. When I'm done, if I wasn't impressed, but was entertained (since that's kind of the point of television shows), the 5 rating will stand. Season 9 didn't have a single 5 for me... mostly 7-10s, but season 10 has given me an 8, a 9, and two 10s. I'm LOVIN' what I'm seein'!
    That is an excellent way to look at it. Start of with a good attitude and see where the show takes you. I do the same thing and feel almost the same you do. To me season 10 is a 10 on my scale. I loved season 9 and yet season 10 is making me love the show even more than I did last year. I loved Insiders and can't wait to see how Univited turns out! Is it Friday yet?
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
      Thanks for deleting my question too.

Is the SIX month hiatus confirmed yet or is it still just a rumor?
      as far as I know still just a rumor, I don't think gateworld has confirmed anything yet.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by dreid
        I've been hung up on a topic since Sam said that "if the stargate program becomes public then "they" can't take the gates away from us." I thing that we need to blow the doors open on the stargate program and sci-fi in general. Personally I don't care if most of the world isn't ready to wake up to the fact of what is possible. Sci-fi needs to become Sci-fact. To many people make money off of hidding what is really going on and talking about the future of "space exploration." We literally could force the facts on them and the leaders will naturally come out. All of the closet sci-fact people could feel safe to talk about what they want to do and see. All of those who wish to live in the dark ages, even in the most advanced nation on the planet can be the worker bees. We'll have our own economic system and move forward from there. One of my favorite episodes was when tea'c was renting an apartment and integrating into society. He or the otther characters wouldn't have to fully integrate on the epesodes but casual street talk with kids or others at coffee shops, etc, advertising what is really going on would boost the ratings. In "reall" life maybe people would start talking about it and stop wondering what is real. And for those of us who love secrecy, believe me there'll still be a bunch of stuff for us to keep to ourselves. At least this would get everyones molecular frequncy going.

Tag line for episode ads:

Sam: "We are not keeping it a secret anymore. The stargate program is real and we have been airing it for your enjoyment and knowledge. Sci-fact fridays on the sci-fi(fact) channel."

All I ask is a lump some of $10,000 for that tage line.
        I think it would be a bad idea for the Stargate program to become public knowledge, at least not yet. I think that possible in the series finale that something major happens, mabey a huge assult by the Ori or something and they have to go public. That might be a good way to end the show, have the program go public and have SG-1 dhow the public why we really need the program. At that time it might be ok but as of right now its too soon.

Comment

Personally, I never want the program to go public in the show itself. I say save something like that for a feature film.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            Personally, I never want the program to go public in the show itself. I say save something like that for a feature film.
            Agreed. I'm not sure how much show would be left once the gate goes public. SG-1 would become a DS-9 of sorts, and while I loved DS-9, I want SG-1 to stay true to itself.

I'm enjoying Season 10 so far, so if the gate has to public, that should be in Season 20.
            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
              Agreed. I'm not sure how much show would be left once the gate goes public. SG-1 would become a DS-9 of sorts, and while I loved DS-9, I want SG-1 to stay true to itself.

I'm enjoying Season 10 so far, so if the gate has to public, that should be in Season 20.
              Agreed but I saw let it hapen in season 30. Season 20 is still too soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                Agreed but I saw let it hapen in season 30. Season 20 is still too soon!

Good point. Do you think that Season 70 is asking for a bit much?
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Good point. Do you think that Season 70 is asking for a bit much?
                  No of course not Stargate must go on FOREVER!!!

Comment

Going through the gate in wheel chairs or using walkers.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
                      Going through the gate in wheel chairs or using walkers.
                      (Talking in old man voice) Jack: Oh kay Carter time to go through the.. what is it Oh yeah Stargate.
                      Carter: Oh kay just don't push so fast vertigo you know.
                      Daniel: Jack slow up I'm still trying to figure out what end the bullets go in.

Comment

Hey I never said the show should end, not at all. But if it is officially publically released then more people would be interested in it. We could sell tickets and passes to the safe planets for vacation travel.
                        There are Brave Pilots. There are old Pilots. But there are no brave, old Pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man

I agree with that idea too.

Having the Stargate Program become public would be something to develop.

Still haven't watched Insiders for the second time... I should give it a 14/20.

Comment

Yeah I think the programme should stay secret for a while. Its a good idea to have it come public in a feature film though, particularly an SG1 based feature film. It'd be a good way to end SG1 maybe. But of course that can't be for a good, long amount of time yet.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Well ok, first things first.

If the stargate program went public, it would most likely end up in civilian control. And we all know what a headache that would cause. The politicians in the SG world have shown that they can't be trusted at all. Big suprise there. Also, the budget could take a hit as the public would probably be a bit upset at the amount of money spent on the SG program.

Point 2, I thinnk GW had some news that a third SG series could be a possibility in the future, as well as another movie. I think that there should be atleast another season, maybe even 2 more. As much as I would love 20 more seasons, it would be a bit hard to keep the same people involved. They'd all be getting quite long in the tooth to be going through the gate. So, by that time it would be an entirely differnt show anyways. Best to end the show when the story lines have been completed and all the loose ends have been tied up.

I am however, very pleased at the renewed energy of SG-1 now. It is definitely screaming 11th season with how well things are going. They've definitely stepped up the quality of the show this year.
                              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                                Haha, just watched Vignette 4 at www.aol.com/stargatesg1
                                The scene from "Uninvited" in it is pretty great.

Landry: Come on, enjoy the great outdoors!
                                Mitchell: Like a fat kid in a candy store.
                                *long pause*
                                Landry: I was a big boy in my youth...
                                LOL. But I think Mitchell was 'going for the joke'. We saw that he wasn't "big" in flashbacks with his father.

Comment

Working...
                                X