No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's ok... Many series I liked have been cancelled...
    • Angel
    • Cleopatra 2525
    • Surface
    • Jake 2.0
    • Popular
    • Farscape
    • Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Witchblade
    • Alias
    • Tru Calling
    • Sliders
    • Commander-In-Chief

I am still waiting for Witchblade to be released on DVD. I would love to rewatch some episodes - quite interesting.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
      That's ok... Many series I liked have been cancelled...
      • Angel
      • Cleopatra 2525
      • Surface
      • Jake 2.0
      • Popular
      • Farscape
      • Star Trek: Enterprise
      • Witchblade
      • Alias
      • Tru Calling
      • Sliders
      • Commander-In-Chief

I am still waiting for Witchblade to be released on DVD. I would love to rewatch some episodes - quite interesting.

Mattathias
      For all the good shows but cancelled shows! May that Stargate join them later than sooner, or never joining them in cancelling and getting a proper ending (but not too soon, I'm kind of addicted to this show
      :-$)
      To hell with coffe, I drank too much, and now I can't sleep .
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
        For all the good shows but cancelled shows! May that Stargate join them later than sooner, or never joining them in cancelling and getting a proper ending (but not too soon, I'm kind of addicted to this show
        Personally I think the story range is so wide that it could go on forever. Well not forever but I can definitely see 20 seasons. I mean Dr. who sucks IMO yet it has been going for like 25 seasons. However I really like Atlantis but I don't think it will be able to last as long. It seams that there aren't a whole lot of places to go on that storyline but I sure hope I'm wrong.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't wish SG-1 to join it... given it's 10 year run... it deserves a proper ending.

And hey, if Farscape can get one...

Mattathias

Comment

How do you think I felt when I herd they cancelled:
            Farscape
            Firefly
            Enterprise
            Surface
            Invasion?
            And when I say "they" I mean "the suits", those ba5tard5.

Like I said in another thread: I could live for the next 5 years if Sci Fi ping-pongs SG-1 back to Showtime, maybe the Showtime's president's eagerness to have back SG-1 would make the Sci Fi suits realise that SG-1 is still a cow to be milked.
            Sci Fi has never done well. As much as you, me, the nerdy girl down the street and everyone on these forums love Sci Fi, most people would rather sit down to watch a 30 minute episode of Friends. That's the unfortunate truth of the world, sci fi has always been a niche market, which only has been crossed by either sheer determination or being the "first" like Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
              Sci Fi has never done well. As much as you, me, the nerdy girl down the street and everyone on these forums love Sci Fi, most people would rather sit down to watch a 30 minute episode of Friends. That's the unfortunate truth of the world, sci fi has always been a niche market, which only has been crossed by either sheer determination or being the "first" like Star Wars.
              What's with the nerdy girl stereotype.....

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                I don't know. I think smart girls, that are still physically sexy are hot. I know lots of good looking girls that like sci-fi. We just keep them hidden.
                There are Brave Pilots. There are old Pilots. But there are no brave, old Pilots.

Comment

Well I'm disappointed with those ratings (if they're genuine). I'm surprised they can drop so much from such a good end of season cliffhanger.

What bugs me most though is how this is gonna give the anti's loads of fuel to start singing doom and gloom about cancellation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                    Well I'm disappointed with those ratings (if they're genuine). I'm surprised they can drop so much from such a good end of season cliffhanger.

What bugs me most though is how this is gonna give the anti's loads of fuel to start singing doom and gloom about cancellation.
                    I think that it is possible to appreciate a larger group while still staying true to one favorite "series".
                    There are Brave Pilots. There are old Pilots. But there are no brave, old Pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by dreid
                      I think that it is possible to appreciate a larger group while still staying true to one favorite "series".
                      huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                        Not really, unless they're all Anti-SGA too. Both shows took a hit. Not just SG-1. If there is trouble, both shows are in it.

I'm not that worried yet though. We still have a long season ahead, with lots of chances for improvement. Besides, we haven't even seen the ratings for the second airings on Friday.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Come on, they have as much right to voice their opinions around here as we do, and most have as valid reasons for disliking the show as we have for liking it. I have no problem with them voicing their opinions as long as they're respectful, and the same goes for us pros. There's plenty of room around here for everyone.
                          you won't be disapointed when you finally get to see it ( ^ lives in canada
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I don't want to be worried I hope the numbers are better than that report of 1.4. However the Antis are sure confident that this spells the end for this show. I will be very disapointed if that happens. I don't want this show cancelled without a proper ending. I hope the ratings are better than this and hope they get alot better. I still want my favorite shows to continue. Lets hope the Antis are wrong and the shows arent doomed. I sure don't want Stargate to become the next Farscape, cancelled before it's time.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                              I don't want to be worried I hope the numbers are better than that report of 1.4. However the Antis are sure confident that this spells the end for this show. I will be very disapointed if that happens. I don't want this show cancelled without a proper ending. I hope the ratings are better than this and hope they get alot better. I still want my favorite shows to continue. Lets hope the Antis are wrong and the shows arent doomed. I sure don't want Stargate to become the next Farscape, cancelled before it's time.
                              I think for a 10 year show, any cancellation would certainly NOT be considered "before its time." But, yes, bad numbers would be very disappointing for everyone, my two favorite actors among them. And it's not likely that the show wouldn't be given a proper ending should they pull it from the air. It's been around too long not to.

However, should that horrible thing occur, I hope Claudia and Ben move onto "Caprica"

ETA: Yikes, I just took a look at that link showing "winners/losers". Yeah. That's NOT a good number.

Comment

They're called stereotypes for a reason

Comment

Working...
                                X