S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piratejenna
    There is a way to let them know that - keep posting positive stuff in all the relevant threads, and if you want to go further, write to Sci-fi and Bridge Studios to let them know you are enjoying the show. It's a fact of life that people who are unhappy about something tend to be more vocal and more motivated to get their opinions out, and that the Internet acts as a kind of megaphone for negativity. The best way to counter that is make sure your voice is heard as well. And it means a lot to people who make the show - both writers and actors, to hear nice things from the fans.
    Precisely. I think I posted an address to the Bridge Studios somewhere here not long ago... a nice postcard with a few words how much we enjoy the show would be really great idea.
    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
      Hmm... posting here doesn't exclude joining Yahoo group I'm a member of at least 5 or 6 Yahoo groups at the moment - Daily Digest of posts is the best solution for me, 'cause I'm more a "reader" than an active poster, but I really like them very much.
      Well, as a matter of fact, I'm also a regular member of a french teacher forum (more than 8 000 post there ), and some other forums, about my job and Stargate too, and I think it just would be too much !

Comment

Precisely. I think I posted an address to the Bridge Studios somewhere here not long ago... a nice postcard with a few words how much we enjoy the show would be really great idea.
        That's something I know I'll do. Also, I'll contact Sci-Fi Channel in some way as well. They need to know people out there still really love this show.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was just talking to a friend on my lj about a letter writing campaign. Would anyone here be interested in writing a letter?

My thinking is that it might make more of an impact if we organized it so we give everyone a week or so to gather their thoughts and write their letters, and then send them all to one person who could print them out, put them in envelopes and send them out. That way they all arrive at roughly the same time and would be kinda hard to miss.

And these letters would all simply do the same thing. Thank TPTB for 10 years of a wonderful show and let them know that we are happy with, for example, the way Daniel was written in the last episode or getting the team dynamic back that everyone loves so much. I think a heart felt thank you like that would go a long way with people like Brad Wright and Robert Cooper who have presumably had lots of letter writing campaigns that focus on the negative (i.e. Bring back Daniel Jackson, Bring back Jack O'Neill, etc....). Not that there is anything wrong with a group of fans expressing their wish that something change in the show - but I think it'd be nice for them to hear that what they are doing is RIGHT and that we're all (most of us) enjoying season 10 so far!

If I get enough positive response for this I dont mind organizing it. Let me know what ya'll think.

Comment

Originally posted by thothscribe81
            I totally agree that the anti's are in the minority. I just hope your right that TPTB are taking into account ALL the facts, including the polls and the fact that while the anti's are more vocal, that there are still more people here that are enjoying the episodes. I guess I just worry, after reading Brad Wrights interview, that they may get fed up with the anti fans and just decide to throw in the towel. I know that renewing the show is up to the ratings (something they are having trouble with because of TiVo and DVR, etc...) but Robert Cooper and Brad Wrights continuation on the show I believe is going to rely on the fans wanting the show to continue. I just hope they realize how much most of us appreciate the hard work they are doing and are enjoying the show still. *sigh* I just wish there was a way to let them know that.
            I have a feeling they aren't too bothered by the anti stuff. All tv shows get picked apart by the fans. Analyzing the show is part of the fun. I think from time to time a complaint will hit home, though. I think they know how well liked they and the show are. Even the anti's wouldn't be here if they truly hated the show. I think it would be a nice gesture to write them a nice letter. They deserve some praise.

Comment

I was just talking to a friend on my lj about a letter writing campaign. Would anyone here be interested in writing a letter?

My thinking is that it might make more of an impact if we organized it so we give everyone a week or so to gather their thoughts and write their letters, and then send them all to one person who could print them out, put them in envelopes and send them out. That way they all arrive at roughly the same time and would be kinda hard to miss.

And these letters would all simply do the same thing. Thank TPTB for 10 years of a wonderful show and let them know that we are happy with, for example, the way Daniel was written in the last episode or getting the team dynamic back that everyone loves so much. I think a heart felt thank you like that would go a long way with people like Brad Wright and Robert Cooper who have presumably had lots of letter writing campaigns that focus on the negative (i.e. Bring back Daniel Jackson, Bring back Jack O'Neill, etc....). Not that there is anything wrong with a group of fans expressing their wish that something change in the show - but I think it'd be nice for them to hear that what they are doing is RIGHT and that we're all (most of us) enjoying season 10 so far!

If I get enough positive response for this I dont mind organizing it. Let me know what ya'll think.
              Sure sign me up! I've been a fan since the very begining and I would love to write a letter letting TPTB know just how much I love Stargate and the wonderful way they have brought more life to the show. I'd do whatever I can to show my support for TPTB's excellent work the lat 10 years!
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
                I have a feeling they aren't too bothered by the anti stuff. All tv shows get picked apart by the fans. Analyzing the show is part of the fun. I think from time to time a complaint will hit home, though. I think they know how well liked they and the show are. Even the anti's wouldn't be here if they truly hated the show. I think it would be a nice gesture to write them a nice letter. They deserve some praise.
                A little praise can go a long way. And IMO, they are more than deserving of it for keeping two excellent shows going.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I agree with the idea of letters... I have time enough for that at the time !

I think it is important to let them know how much we appreciate the show, with it's changes, the way it is developed, and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by Linwelin
                    I agree with the idea of letters... I have time enough for that at the time !

I think it is important to let them know how much we appreciate the show, with it's changes, the way it is developed, and so on...
                    Definitely. Also we must tell them (although they know it very well, Brad Wright was talking about it in one of his interviews recently) how big INTERNATIONAL support and interest in the show is, especially now with such a great changes to the show. If Americans are going to screw it up (low ratings), all other countries are going to be very, very angry... MGM should have really good plan B I think.

Comment

Definitely. Also we must tell them (although they know it very well, Brad Wright was talking about it in one of his interviews recently) how big INTERNATIONAL support and interest in the show is, especially now with such a great changes to the show. If Americans are going to screw it up (low ratings), all other countries are going to be very, very angry... MGM should have really good plan B I think.
                      Sadly, it's not really up to MGM. It's up to the Sci-Fi Channel. It's their show, and can renew or cancel it as they choose.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Okay, I started a website for the letter writing campaign, but as I'm not that well versed in website creating, would someone mind taking a look and letting me know what they think so far. It still has some work (obviously, lol) but this is the idea I had for the layout and title page...

http://www.geocities.com/stargateforever81/index.html

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this. I think its a great idea and hopefully we'll be able to show TPTB how much we really love the show!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          Sadly, it's not really up to MGM. It's up to the Sci-Fi Channel. It's their show, and can renew or cancel it as they choose.
                          So why SciFi's logo isn't included in ANY of SG-1's DVDs? SciFi airs it (like previously Showtime did), but it's MGM show. BTW, I've read somewhere that the new President of Showtime would love to have Stargate back on his channel. So this could be actually quite good plan B.

Comment

I think it would be interesting to find the ratings all over the world...
                            Originally posted by the fifth man
                            Yep, it is sad...

If Sci-Fi aired SG1 in English, in original version in my country, I would pay for that ! Actually, I'm thinking of getting it, but it will be expensive to have the antenna...

Okay, I started a website for the letter writing campaign, but as I'm not that well versed in website creating, would someone mind taking a look and letting me know what they think so far. It still has some work (obviously, lol) but this is the idea I had for the layout and title page...

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this. I think its a great idea and hopefully we'll be able to show TPTB how much we really love the show!
                            Well, if you need help, I'm used to ftp, html and so on...

Comment

Sadly the whole world revolves around the American audience.....

In FABULOUS news, I saw the first ad for SPACE fall programming last night, and SG-1 S10 was in there! No date yet though.

It's going to be one hec of a season for great shows.

Comment

Nice! I'll PM you a note to add. One note though, you might want to run it through the spell check- "caliber" is spelt "calibre" and words like "Wrights" and "Seasons" in the second paragraph should have an apostrophe.

Comment

Working...
                                X