Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is fantastic, stargates is more like a soap opera fr me now, i've watched the whole thing from its very begiining since i was 8. I doubt alot of poepel can say that, and i feel a weirdly strong bod between myself and the series. Like i woudl have been really annoyed if it has finished this year, i woud probably have gone and started buyig the DVDs immeidatly. Fortunatly my bank balance will not suffer becasue of the foresight of the people at sci-fi channel. Anyway, it would be dumb to cancel it no that they've lined up reasonably good replacement actors for hamond, oneil and janet. Lets just see how the story develops.

Comment

in my opinion I think they are dragging it on too much they should have stopped at season 8, i'm not saying that they have run out of ideas but I think they should concentrate on Atlantis instead.
      "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

I do.

Comment

Originally posted by flankergeek
          This is fantastic, stargates is more like a soap opera fr me now, i've watched the whole thing from its very begiining since i was 8. I doubt alot of poepel can say that, and i feel a weirdly strong bod between myself and the series. Like i woudl have been really annoyed if it has finished this year, i woud probably have gone and started buyig the DVDs immeidatly. Fortunatly my bank balance will not suffer becasue of the foresight of the people at sci-fi channel. Anyway, it would be dumb to cancel it no that they've lined up reasonably good replacement actors for hamond, oneil and janet. Lets just see how the story develops.
          i like what u had to say and welcome to the forum
          carter "colone?"
          o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
            the question now would be, should they even bother going for 11?
            Oh, indubitably!

Comment

i have to say i do want a season 11 and rda back soon i hope
              carter "colone?"

Comment

lets firts wait and see how season 10 turns out and then we can talk about 11
                signature

Comment

Originally posted by ALHDZSZ
                  lets firts wait and see how season 10 turns out and then we can talk about 11
                  yes i have to say the same with u but still one can only hope
                  carter "colone?"

Comment

I hope they keep Dr Lam
                    signature

Comment

I love the Stargate mythos and would love to see it continue, but certain areas have got to improve. The Ori have either got to be fleshed out and improved, or else defeated entirely. So far, they're just cliche religious-zealot bad guys. Then, Vala has got to become less annoying and lame, since we've apparently got her one way or another. I'd definitely like to see more of the Goa'uld. And Hammond. And Jonas. *sigh*

If none of that happens, then I wish they'd just change the name of the show, or something. I mean, I'm happily enjoying Atlantis right now, but I'd hate to see ol' SG-1 get dragged through the mud, imo. Then again, I do like the inclusion of the Arthurian legends.
                      Jewel Staite Thunker | Secondary Women of SGA Thunker
                      Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show and I should really just relax."

Comment

Sorry if this point's been brought up before... Too lazy to read the whole thread...

I think it's a good thing that it's been renewed for a tenth season... We had to battle with the Goa'uld for nine years before they were taken down, and to do in an enemy like the Ori in one year just seemed terribly wrong. The Ori deal should take at least three years, I think... Then they can call it quits.

Of course, if it goes on for twenty years, I won't be the one complaining.
                        And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

This is definitely a show that should go on as long as possible. Season 10, 11, 12, etc. This has been one outstanding season so far and I don't think it should get cut short now.
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I'm having second thoughts about season 10 now, coz if daniel and sam aint gonna be in it, it just wont be the same at all. I accepted the O'neill change but now it sounds like they're gonna have a completely diff team

Comment

I'm pleased that there is going to be a 10th season.

Stargate SG-1 seasons 6-9 haven't enthralled me like the first five did, but I still find the series quite entertaining - on a par with any of the ST series for which I never joined a fandom, even though I never missed an ep.

I basicly see season nine and what follows as a spin-off to SG-1 - The New Adventures of SG-1, if you will. I miss the Goa'uld(Edited to add that I also miss the Tok'Ra and the Replicators, and fear that the Asgard will only get a passing mention). I miss the fact that Junior isn't part of the team, anymore, and I miss Jack, Hammond and Janet, but they were on that "other" SG-1 series; this is the "new" series in my philosophy.
                              Last edited by Tok'Ra Hostess; 31 October 2005, 04:02 AM.
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

*Jumps around with her hand in the air* Ooh ooh I do I do!... I'd like to see more Vala too! *ducks*
                                Judge me all you like but keep the verdict to yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X