X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spg_1983
    i direct your attention to this thread:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18183
    I would think that for that poll to have any validity, it would have to be in a forum that doesn't cater to any of the choices on the list.

Comment

Hey. I didn't get very far in this thread before I wanted to say something. I think Qasim hit it right on the head:
      Originally posted by Qasim
      Lack of Jack explanation
      If there's anything I think they should have changed, it was that. If anyone has read the most recent Peter DeLuise interview, he took the words right out of my brain when he described his feelings on how TPTB handled the whole 'transition' of losing Jack. You should read it if you haven't! I haven't seen the last few episodes of season nine yet (before mid-season, I mean), but, judging by how Atlantis is going, I believe that if there is a season 10, TPTB can turn the show around and make it as great as it once was.
      Teenager Wisdom: "There's no such thing as original thought anymore. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, melting them down into a giant melting pot of mediocrity." -Andy Spencer, CITIZEN JOE
      CkiCki

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
        I would think that for that poll to have any validity, it would have to be in a forum that doesn't cater to any of the choices on the list.
        like another forum all together? this is a stargate website and primarily a stargate forum, the people that frequent the BSG section are people that are stargate fans originally and BSG fans as well now. if anything the poll is biased towards stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by lily
          I know this is very subjective, and what some people think it's great, others think it sucks. Nobody's right, nobody's wrong. Just a matter of personal likings.
          *emphasis mine*
          Thank you, thank you, thank you. I think everyone should be required to recite this mantra before every post they make.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
            The Ori story development deserves another season before we defeat there ugly butts. I like the way season 9 is shaping up. I would'nt mind another season or two of SG!.
            Agreed

u carnt create an enermy and deffet them in 1 season
            Hola

Hello

Comment

I would love to see a 10th season. I want to see SG end in a blaze of glory, and I don't think that can happen by the end of season 9. TPTB need to
              give the faithful fans some closure with several storylines, ie-Jack and Sam,
              Daniel and Vala, Cassandra, Hammond,etc.

Comment

i am so glad that every one has deep feeling about the topic i feel warm and fuzzy
                carter "colone?"
                o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

I've only seen the first 2 episodes of season 9, but I loved them! nice to see the show back on track as I really didn't enjoy much of season 8. So I'd be delighted to see a season 10, and will be amazed if we don't!
                  sigpic

Comment

Definitely want a season 15.... uhh ...10.

For those of you nay sayers...if you had a choice between SciFi originals and SG 1 season 10, what would you choose?

Comment

SPG183 and SG Ferritt - please stop. At least one of you should know our rule about disputes between individuals being aired on a thread. Take your disagreement with each other to PM or Email please. Any further posts here will get deleted.

If a word is used in a derogatory fashion, then no matter what that word is, it is essentially name calling. So let's have no more of that either please!

I have also seen people criticising other's for voicing their opinions too. Now, if you disagree with someone's opinion then please do say so. That's what a discussion is all about. But don't just label the other person as cynical or bitter - that is against the spirit of the rules here at GateWorld. We do ask that posters post with respect to other posters. No matter what your age, whether it is 15 or 50, you're capable of having a mature civil discussion, and here at GateWorld that's how we expect our posters to behave.

Now, taking off my mod hat and posting as a normal poster, I am (so far) enjoying Season 9 more than 8, so I'm quite happy for there to be a Season 10.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                        like another forum all together? this is a stargate website and primarily a stargate forum, the people that frequent the BSG section are people that are stargate fans originally and BSG fans as well now. if anything the poll is biased towards stargate.
                        No, I just meant it should probably be in the General section. It is in the BSG section, which means not all Stargate fans would even know it exists. I don't watch BSG, so I don't visit that particular forum and wouldn't have cast my vote if it weren't linked in this particular thread that I just happened to visit.

A neutral thread with an inclusive title in the general area would allow more viewers of all three shows to know the poll exists, thus giving a more balanced poll result. Where it is currently, it is not biased towards Stargate fans, but towards fans of BSG that may have originally joined this forum due to Stargate.

edited: I just realized that the "General" section is really a "General Stargate" section, so that wouldn't work, either. There may not be a neutral section on this board that would equally draw from the 3 fandoms of SG-1, SGA, and BSG.

BTW, to answer the original question, yes, I do want a season 10. I'm immensely enjoying this season and the addition of Mitchell.
                        Last edited by ChillinTheMost; 19 October 2005, 04:06 AM.

Comment

I've only seen the 1st episode of the season but I already know that I want another season and more. Mitchell is so cool and he has done a great job of taking over from Jack, he can't replace him of course but their not trying to. It's wrong to stop a series which really is still going so strong. In fact I would want another ten seasons. If they keep pulling out stuff as such high quality as Avalon I'll be more than happy. Plus it would also be wrong to end the season when they havn't beaten the X-Files record yet!!!!
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                            No, I just meant it should probably be in the General section. It is in the BSG section, which means not all Stargate fans would even know it exists. I don't watch BSG, so I don't visit that particular forum and wouldn't have cast my vote if it weren't linked in this particular thread that I just happened to visit.

A neutral thread with an inclusive title in the general area would allow more viewers of all three shows to know the poll exists, thus giving a more balanced poll result. Where it is currently, it is not biased towards Stargate fans, but towards fans of BSG that may have originally joined this forum due to Stargate.

edited: I just realized that the "General" section is really a "General Stargate" section, so that wouldn't work, either. There may not be a neutral section on this board that would equally draw from the 3 fandoms of SG-1, SGA, and BSG.

BTW, to answer the original question, yes, I do want a season 10. I'm immensely enjoying this season and the addition of Mitchell.
                            i think the idea for it staying in the BSG section was that since this is primarily a SG board, people that post in the BSG subsection are SG watchers as well. Putting it in the General section would be biased because you would get a lot of people that dont watch BSG at all and are offended at the notion of someone not likeing SG voting against BSG thus biasing the poll. Where it is now ensures that the people voting are SG AND BSG fans and hopefully makes the poll more balanced.

Comment

Well, they made up the poll so they can certainly put it anywhere they want. They should realize, though, that they are only getting the cross-section of SG fans that are also BSG fans, so they shouldn't take the results as valid. However, you posted the link here, so that picked up a couple SG/non-BSG fans - or maybe just me. You're right, though, as I added in my edit, the General area wouldn't provide valid results, either.

I just reread your post and it seems that they only want to poll people that are fans of all 3 shows to see which one they like best. If so, then I can see your point. I was thinking that they just wanted to know the favorite of the 3 shows, no matter if the viewer only watched/liked one or any combination of the 3.

But, ultimately, like I said, it's the poll-maker's choice to put it where he/she wants it and to interpret the results as they want.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                                SPG183 and SG Ferritt - please stop. At least one of you should know our rule about disputes between individuals being aired on a thread. Take your disagreement with each other to PM or Email please. Any further posts here will get deleted.

If a word is used in a derogatory fashion, then no matter what that word is, it is essentially name calling. So let's have no more of that either please!

I have also seen people criticising other's for voicing their opinions too. Now, if you disagree with someone's opinion then please do say so. That's what a discussion is all about. But don't just label the other person as cynical or bitter - that is against the spirit of the rules here at GateWorld. We do ask that posters post with respect to other posters. No matter what your age, whether it is 15 or 50, you're capable of having a mature civil discussion, and here at GateWorld that's how we expect our posters to behave.

Now, taking off my mod hat and posting as a normal poster, I am (so far) enjoying Season 9 more than 8, so I'm quite happy for there to be a Season 10.
                                hi mod is there any way we can make this in to a poll thank u very much
                                carter "colone?"
                                o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Working...
                                X