Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well do you really think that they'd do that though? fox and mgm make tons of money off stargate and wouldnt give it up purily because theyve "had enough" in all the interviews ive seen it seems as if everyone has fun making it too so they wouldnt stop on account of a low morale or sumthin on the set. so yea there will still definately be a sseason ten regardless of appologies and watnot because u kno those people at fox are in it for the moneyand stargate brings in the $$$$ every friday so no worries here.
    "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
      I hope there is no season 10. However, there probally will be but it will no more be SG than season 9 is.
      As soon as more of us that keep hoping and hangin on--give it up--ratings will decline.

It is really sad what they have done to this show.....................
      NO idea where you are coming from...considering this is the best SG-1 season ever?
      It feels good to be alive.
      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Just a wild guess--Farscape fan?

Comment

The only reason the ratings are decent is because of some of us diehard fans who keep hoping. That will soon end and as we leave--the ratings will begin to reflect this.
          Best season ever? Have you seen all of SG?

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
            Just a wild guess--Farscape fan?
            Who me? Used to be. Not anymore. Ben Browder isn't why I like the show. It's the better stories, new enemy, new characters and over-all new freshness that has really rejuvinated Stargate. The show has gone from great to incredible. Most people...well, except you and a very few others seem to hate it.

I think the show GREATLY improved after Jack left. He had a good run..but it was apparent last season it was time for the character to move on.

Really..SG-1 feels like a whole new show now..still SG-1...just improved and juiced up.
            It feels good to be alive.
            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
              Who me? Used to be. Not anymore. Ben Browder isn't why I like the show. It's the better stories, new enemy, new characters and over-all new freshness that has really rejuvinated Stargate. The show has gone from great to incredible. Most people...well, except you and a very few others seem to hate it.

I think the show GREATLY improved after Jack left. He had a good run..but it was apparent last season it was time for the character to move on.

Really..SG-1 feels like a whole new show now..still SG-1...just improved and juiced up.
              Always nice to hear an optimistic assessment. Personally, I don't think Season 9 is better than any prior season, mainly because I don't rate seasons. It's something new and I'm enjoying it.

Comment

So far I think season 9 has been fine. The last two eps especially gave me hope but to say that the show GREATLY improved after Jack left is probably an insult to many Jack fans. Now it is you opinion and you’re allowed to it as everyone else is but it does seem unnecessarily antagonistic.

IMHO the season is fine but not greatly improved, I really miss the team dynamics that were present in earlier seasons that are missing this season. I also miss the better sense of militaryness. Also I have great fears for the future of the show beyond this season based on some spoilers I have seen. They may be incorrect though so I will hold my opinion until I see those eps.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  So far I think season 9 has been fine. The last two eps especially gave me hope but to say that the show GREATLY improved after Jack left is probably an insult to many Jack fans. Now it is you opinion and you’re allowed to it as everyone else is but it does seem unnecessarily antagonistic.

IMHO the season is fine but not greatly improved, I really miss the team dynamics that were present in earlier seasons that are missing this season. I also miss the better sense of militaryness. Also I have great fears for the future of the show beyond this season based on some spoilers I have seen. They may be incorrect though so I will hold my opinion until I see those eps.
                  No team episodes? If RDA stuck around for season 9, we would be getting ten episodes like "Affinity"! This season is the best since season five because it has a really high number of episodes that deal with off-world stuff and the GW rating have not been this high (about 3 stars every season) for a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
                    No team episodes? If RDA stuck around for season 9, we would be getting ten episodes like "Affinity"! This season is the best since season five because it has a really high number of episodes that deal with off-world stuff and the GW rating have not been this high (about 3 stars every season) for a long time!
                    I think we need more one-off off-world episodes. I don't want every week to be Ori-related. Otherwise, I'm happy with Season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                      I think we need more one-off off-world episodes. I don't want every week to be Ori-related. Otherwise, I'm happy with Season 9.
                      I second this. I like the one off non-arc related eps and not just the humorous ones either just some good meet\greet or findproblem\solveproblem eps.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                        I second this. I like the one off non-arc related eps and not just the humorous ones either just some good meet\greet or findproblem\solveproblem eps.
                        Stargate SG-1 Season 9
                        Spoiler:

The non-Ori stories for Season 9 were The Ties That Bind, Ex Deus Machina, and Prototype.

None of those were one-offs. The Ties That Bind was a sequel to Prometheus Unbound and an introduction to the Lucian Alliance. Ex Deus Machine was a Ba'al episode. Prototype was an Anubis episode which was heavily influenced by their current struggle against the Ori.

So, no one-off stories in the first half. If you look in the early seasons, the one-offs dominated. And even later, when we had a lot of Goa'uld episodes, they were different characters with different personalities and goals.

The Priors and Ori are monolithic in comparison. So we are definitely lacking variety in Season 9.

Comment

I pray to the cylon gods they don't do a season 10, season 9 is the worse excuse for a series and has totally screwed the Stargate franchise IMO.
                          This really would be a bad idea unless they put O'neill back in and got rid of Fargate SG-1!!! LoL! its always shows signs of real desperation when they try to get cast from another sci-fi series into a once cult cool viewing show.

yes, and before you all tut, I was a real fan from season1-5, then they didn't learn from MS leaving in Season 6, and suffered from a great lack of decent nail biting scripts thereafter. of course there were some diamonds in the rough, Threads, and Heros in Season 7. but few and far between with so many crap filler eps.

just put it out of its misery now FFS! same goes for atlantis or should I say SG-1 Repeated with a different cast.

If anyone on this forum with any sense of what is cool and cult viewing should know that Battlestar Galactica is the only show worth watching now...
                          I mean come on forumlings, you must admit defeat now!!!
                          there's more to BSG than SG1 ever had, and since RDA has done a runner, I absolutely despise the new series and feel totally embarrased that I ever watched this show or whats left of the freakshow they have turned it into.

Do you Americans ever learn, have we no growth ? can we ever let a TV series go out with dignity and respect with the cast members chemistry still there ? come on Stargate and all its pathetic excuses for a spin-off should have been finished at Season 7 at the most.

watching BSG - Season 2, catch the ep this friday!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer
                            I pray to the cylon gods they don't do a season 10, season 9 is the worse excuse for a series and has totally screwed the Stargate franchise IMO.
                            This really would be a bad idea unless they put O'neill back in and got rid of Fargate SG-1!!! LoL! its always shows signs of real desperation when they try to get cast from another sci-fi series into a once cult cool viewing show.

yes, and before you all tut, I was a real fan from season1-5, then they didn't learn from MS leaving in Season 6, and suffered from a great lack of decent nail biting scripts thereafter. of course there were some diamonds in the rough, Threads, and Heros in Season 7. but few and far between with so many crap filler eps.

just put it out of its misery now FFS! same goes for atlantis or should I say SG-1 Repeated with a different cast.

If anyone on this forum with any sense of what is cool and cult viewing should know that Battlestar Galactica is the only show worth watching now...
                            there's more to BSG than SG1 ever had, and since RDA has done a runner, I absolutely despise the new series and feel totally embarrased that I ever watched this show or whats left of the freakshow they have turned it into.

Do you Americans ever learn, have we no growth ? can we ever let a TV series go out with dignity and respect with the cast members chemistry still there ? come on Stargate and all its pathetic excuses for a spin-off should have been finished at Season 7 at the most.

no actually, its Fargate: Andromeda, can't forget Lam

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer

Hmmmm, should I go to the BSG threads and talk about how god awful that show truly is. How I despise it with a vengeance and wouldn’t even look twice at it if I didn’t feel obligated to tape it for my friends who like it, but are slowly growing sick of it. Should I speculate on how soon it will be cancelled? I say it won’t make 4 years, but I could be wrong, we will all find out together.

No I guess I wont. I respect people that like BSG even if I disagree with them. As long as Stargate SG-1 and SG-A aren’t infected with BSG storylines I will be happy to let BSG be BSG and leave its fans to enjoy.

SG-1 this season hasn’t been as great as the "classic" seasons, really, nothing is ever as good as you remember. But then every time I go back and look a second time at a season it will often get moved closer and closer to the "classic" category. I am really surprised how many season 6 \7 eps I really like upon re-inspection. IMHO Stargate remains a far better show then BSG and is still quite entertaining... my opinion could change if the stories get bad but right now I am plenty entertained and would be happy with a season 10 (if they don’t go all BSG\Farscapey\Xenay on us that is).

EDIT: And whats up with the you Americans comment. I mean if anyone knows how to not let a show go its got to be the Brits...they are the ones that have been making Dr Who for like 26 years or so, right? (may still be good, Idunno since they dont play it here BTW)

Comment

Sci Fi Friday is hot, my prediction is that all three shows will be back-
                                I think it's funny that the big networks are trying to catch up with Surface and Invasion since they're finally realizing that Sci Fi is where it's at.

Comment

Working...
                                X