X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf
    5 hours of re-runs?

Even if they cancel SG-1 they still have the rights to the reruns. 194 hour long episodes will do skiffy nicely.

Unless they find something better (or cheaper) I think (unfortunately) it's a done deal.
    But most of us have the DVDs for the frist 7 seasons, and to be honest if I own it I ussally want watch it on rerun.
    But with a 2.0 average I think scifi would be extremely stupid to cancel it.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
      But most of us have the DVDs for the frist 7 seasons, and to be honest if I own it I ussally want watch it on rerun.
      But with a 2.0 average I think scifi would be extremely stupid to cancel it.
      Most GateWorlders have the DVDs.
      Given a 2.0 equates to roughly 2 million viewers, they'd be extremely foolish to dump the reruns along with the show. Not that any broadcaster who wants to stay on the air would do that.

Like I said, I think it's a done deal - if only for the SciFi execs to see more of Vala.

Comment

i have no doubt that there'll be a s10. skiffy, while they're mucking up the show, tweaking and rewriting it to suit their own personal 'standards' will love nothing more than to have bragging rights to having the 'longest running us scifi show'

then, once they have s10 under their belt, it'll be whammo time.

if they're nice, they'll let the writers know...however skiffy does not have a reputation for being nice to fans of its shows, so it wouldn't surprise me if they encourage the writers to write a cliffie for s10 then cancel the show...so they can manipulate the fans into writing in to get closure to the show like they did the scapers

oh, and actors' contracts, that means nothing. corin nemec also had a 2 year contract and that meant nothing in the end. ben's contract is probably along the line of 'if the show lasts 2 seasons you get paid X, if it gets cancelled, you get paid Y'

all htey want to do is 'call dibs' on his services and prevent him from negotiating for more money at a later date
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

when they do cancel stargate what will they replace it with???

my money is on firefly or a spin off of Serenity

one thing going against stargate, it's been on 9 years. which means the actors are probably at the high end of the scale, as are the cast and crew.

the show's expensive. and scifi doesn't own it, which means they don't control it completely like they do BSG.

however, if they purchase the rights to firefly and 'own' it like they do BSG, then they can control it from the beginning.

and a year or so is plenty of time to negotiate for the rights/actors and all

anyway, that's my prediction. time will tell
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping that will not be the case. I hope this season will springboard sg-1 forward for at least a few more seasons, personally. I think there are still a lot of good stories left untold. Now I'd be perfectly happy with a return of Firefly, though. It was a show that wasn't given enough of a chance to shine. Hope the movie does well.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There is always that "river world" movie, That sci fi made, I did like the idea that all dead and everyone who ever lived have been "reincarnated" on a alien world so you could run into Hitler, Nepoleon, Ghandi other famous people like Emperor Nero which was a villain of sorts.

Sci Fi should try some of their own original content, make a series out of it.
              The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
                There is always that "river world" movie, That sci fi made, I did like the idea that all dead and everyone who ever lived have been "reincarnated" on a alien world so you could run into Hitler, Nepoleon, Ghandi other famous people like Emperor Nero which was a villain of sorts.

Sci Fi should try some of their own original content, make a series out of it.
                Well, in all fairness Riverworld isn't a completely original idea by SciFi. It's based on the Riverworld series written by Philip Jose Farmer in the 60s. The first novel, "To Your Scattered Bodies Go" is excellent and a nice short read.
                I saw the movie and thought it was quite good except for the abrupt ending. Was it supposed to be a pilot for a series? If skiffy turned it into a series I'd certainly watch it.

As to the topic...Will there be a S10 for Stargate? Most likely. Will it be good? Debateable.

Comment

After the two episodes we saw on Friday, I think its a lock for season 10. If there isn't, I promise to personally kick Sci-Fi's ass.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    After the two episodes we saw on Friday, I think its a lock for season 10. If there isn't, I promise to personally kick Sci-Fi's ass.
                    Punch'em in their Anonymous Rex and kick'em in their Mansquito.

Comment

You bet there will be! (please see my thread that was moved into "your season nine opinions" thread)

Comment

i think a "WELL DUH!!!!! " is in order in response to this thread. gateworld has stated that both atlantis and sg1 will have cliff hangers this season just like atlantis last season so i kno that unless the millions of fans out there all lose interest en masse then yes there will definately be a season ten which y'kno makes sg1 a legit super-cool-deservin-of-many-emmies-and-such show (if you follow my meaning). so yea sg1 will go on for #10 most definately.
                        "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Comment

IF it's only a ratings question, then they're obviously goijng to go for a tenth season - the rating average is about the same as last year's.
                          However, the budget isn't. While it's getting the same amount of viewers (and TBH a lot more stable - the reason last year's ratings got a 2.0 after 10 eps was the 2.4 New Order got. The drop was much faster and reached lower - 1.7 as opposed to 1.9) - it seems to me the show this year costs a lot, lot more. However I think budgeting is mainly MGM's responsibility, and that they'd want the show going? I dunno... very likely to see a 10th season, I'd say. Or hope.

As for farscape comparisments, there's no room for one Farscape earned in its fourth season a 1.2, I think, which at the time was around 700,000 viewers per one point (i.e about a millio viewers) - SG-1 more than double that figure, considering a rating point is now 1.3 million.

Oh! And as for Dr Who! Bring back Eccelston! *sob*
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I hope there is no season 10. However, there probally will be but it will no more be SG than season 9 is.
                            As soon as more of us that keep hoping and hangin on--give it up--ratings will decline.

It is really sad what they have done to this show.....................

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
                              I hope there is no season 10. However, there probally will be but it will no more be SG than season 9 is.
                              As soon as more of us that keep hoping and hangin on--give it up--ratings will decline.

It is really sad what they have done to this show.....................
                              Well, I for one am loving this season...and I'm not alone, just read the episode threads and see the Gateworld Polls.

As for S10... I should think so. TPTB must be delighted really. After all the changes (notably their lead finally going and new people coming in) and direction, the ratings have not suffered and are actually pretty good in relation to the newer, younger Sci-Fi shows... nothing much rating-wise to choose between them. I'm sure they'd have allowed for a drop, giving S9 a chance to get going. It hasn't happened, the new characters and storylines have proven successful, so I'm really certain for a S10. The show would make History... the syndication ratings and DVD sales are popular, they'd be crazy not to.

Comment

Originally posted by epcrules89
                                i think a "WELL DUH!!!!! " is in order in response to this thread. gateworld has stated that both atlantis and sg1 will have cliff hangers this season just like atlantis last season so i kno that unless the millions of fans out there all lose interest en masse then yes there will definately be a season ten which y'kno makes sg1 a legit super-cool-deservin-of-many-emmies-and-such show (if you follow my meaning). so yea sg1 will go on for #10 most definately.

Cliff-hangers mean nothing. All that means (for SG-1) is that their wishing for a season 10. If Sony/MGM and/or NBC/Universal decides they have had enough, then there won't be a season 10.

If I remember correctly, there was a comment at SciFi Sg-1 BB about Wright at I belive at Comic-con apologising to the fans if there isn't a season 10, because of the cliff-hanger.
                                Last edited by LaCroix; 19 September 2005, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X