Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1 - TV Guide Online: Ask Matt - Aug. 29th - Vala - Season 10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MediaSavant
    Not really. What producers say are the reasons for not bringing back characters are occasionally "white lies" designed to protect an actor's reputation.

On another show I'm familiar with, an actor just wasn't working out and the "people with the money" ordered the producers to replace him.

Of course, producers are never going to make a public statement about the actor not working out. A statement like that can tarnish an actor's reputation. So, they make up something that sounds like it's story-driven. They are basically doing the actor a favor.

(by not identifying the actor or the show, I'm essentially doing the same thing)

I'm not aware of what the case is with Corin Nemec, but I would never assume that public statements about actor's dismissals or replacement are the absolute truth.

There's also cases where a writer might change their mind. The statement about four being ideal, doesn't seem like a "carved in stone" statement to me.
    Of course they're "white lies", but that doesn't mean he couldn't try to stir up some trouble with them if they did add a fifth person.

Comment

Great Vala's returning

One step closer to my dream of an Anti Sg-1

Mayborne (Anti-Jack)
      Vala (Anti-Danniel)
      McKay (Anti-Carter)
      ? - (Anti-Teal'c)

No Power in the universe can stop them. Mwahahaha!

Wait you didn't see that
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
        Of course they're "white lies", but that doesn't mean he couldn't try to stir up some trouble with them if they did add a fifth person.
        Not if he ever wants to work again.

Elbereth

Comment

Originally posted by gilthoniel
          Not if he ever wants to work again.

Elbereth
          Right, if he doesn't want to be "dead" in the industry, he won't do it.

Comment

My point is that by publicly saying that five people was too much, adding Vala as a fifth person later would essentially be giving Corin Nemec an excuse to take action.
            I doubt he would since he's repeatedly stated he'd be happy to return, and he doesn't strike me as the type of person who'd want to do that if it was a problematic leaving.
            Not being able to write a 5 man team and the money issue are very useful traditional excuses. More likely he got stuck in the middle of some political wrangling, and now TPTB think the character is too much of the old SG-1 to be seen again.

Invoking contractual issues is not going to kill his career. Although I expect, being an experienced actor and having a 2 year contract, he got paid rather well for doing not very much in season 7.

Comment

Three pieces of good news here:

1.) Vala back
              2.) More exposure for Ben in coming episodes
              3.) Strong possibility of a season 10.
              Vala added much needed spark to an otherwise smoldering series. Dr. Daniel Jackson, smolder, smolder smolder. Tealc, smolder, smolder, smolder. Cam Shaft, hot, smolder, smolder, smolder, hot! The place was totally alive when she was there. Keep Carter, I think Vala could loosen her up!

Did I say Cam Shaft was HOT!

Comment

Three pieces of good news here:

1.) Vala back
                2.) More exposure for Ben in coming episodes
                3.) Strong possibility of a season 10.
                Vala added much needed spark to an otherwise smoldering series. Dr. Daniel Jackson, smolder, smolder smolder. Tealc, smolder, smolder, smolder. Cam Shaft, hot, smolder, smolder, smolder, hot! The place was totally alive when she was there. Keep Carter, I think Vala could loosen her up!

Did I say Cam Shaft was HOT?!!

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  Back for 2 eps - maybe she will die this time
                  I hope so, too. I can't see her as a cast member.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                    I hope so, too. I can't see her as a cast member.
                    I think a lot of people are worrying needlessly. There's no indication that VAla (Claudia Black) is nothing more than a guest character/actor, although if anybody decided to leave and they needed a fourth, I'd nominate her

Comment

Hi to all stargaters
                      I'm new to forums. I must have my say, I love Vala and I'm very happy to here that she is going to return.
                      I'm praying we get a season 10 as I would love to see a lot more of Vala's history and see how Vala will change because of being around our Daniel.
                      It would be great to see Sam and Vala both as regulars on the show.
                      I loved Claudia Black in Farscape but I love her more as Vala.
                      LONG LIVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

Originally posted by kaydee
                        Hi to all stargaters
                        I'm new to forums. I must have my say, I love Vala and I'm very happy to here that she is going to return.
                        I'm praying we get a season 10 as I would love to see a lot more of Vala's history and see how Vala will change because of being around our Daniel.
                        LONG LIVE STARGATE SG1
                        Welcome aboard! Great to see another person who likes Vala...

Comment

Originally posted by kaydee
                          Hi to all stargaters
                          LONG LIVE STARGATE SG1
                          Welcome aboard! And welcome to the "We love Vala (and Claudia Black)"-association
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I want Vala to drug Daniel and take him to another planet and get "married" to him.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                              I think a lot of people are worrying needlessly. There's no indication that VAla (Claudia Black) is nothing more than a guest character/actor, although if anybody decided to leave and they needed a fourth, I'd nominate her
                              I agree that Vala should remain nothing more than a guest star. Vala's like that really obnoxious acquaintance that everyone has. In small doses, they're fine--hell, they may even be a lot of fun--but they overstay their welcome pretty quickly. Not to mention the fact that she completely changes the tone of the series when she's there, which is, again, fun for a time but ultimately I like SG-1's original tone and I prefer it over the Daniel & Vala Comedy Hour.

That said, some of the guest stars on the show have grown to be some of my favorite characters, namely Walter, Bra'tac, and Jacob. If they use Vala the right way with frequent guest appearances, she could potentially become a great character. Her experience with the Lucian Alliance and now the Ori would actually make her useful, too, instead of the seemingly random tag-along she was in the first few episodes.
                              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                                I agree that Vala should remain nothing more than a guest star. Vala's like that really obnoxious acquaintance that everyone has. In small doses, they're fine--hell, they may even be a lot of fun--but they overstay their welcome pretty quickly. Not to mention the fact that she completely changes the tone of the series when she's there, which is, again, fun for a time but ultimately I like SG-1's original tone and I prefer it over the Daniel & Vala Comedy Hour.

That said, some of the guest stars on the show have grown to be some of my favorite characters, namely Walter, Bra'tac, and Jacob. If they use Vala the right way with frequent guest appearances, she could potentially become a great character. Her experience with the Lucian Alliance and now the Ori would actually make her useful, too, instead of the seemingly random tag-along she was in the first few episodes.
                                From CB herself in her latest interview (Starburst #328):
                                "Vala is something to be treasured and, perhaps, enjoyed in small doses." I suppose it's possible that TPTB may make her an offer she can't refuse for Season 10, but the way CB is talking it sounds as though she's happier to remain a guest star.

Comment

Working...
                                X