No announcement yet.

Within the Serpent's Grasp (121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack swearing in situations like this always sounds quite realistic to me, given that someone like him in real life (his job, his career, his background) would likely use far more profanity than was ever used in the series.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

IMO this was the best episode of Season 1. I liked how Ferretti appeared in this episode, though I don't know why he wasn't around more often. One of the best cliffhangers of the series.

Comment

Holy crap I just noticed, Mike Dopud is in this episode!

Very very briefly at the 41:01 mark. Just as Sam and Daniel are busting into the peltak to rescue the captured Jack and Teal'c, Daniel hides behind a pillar to avoid getting zatted. The Serpent guard firing the zat is none other than our favourite Mr Dopud!

Last edited by DigiFluid; 01 September 2011, 06:36 AM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This sets up the classic story telling of SG1 running around Goauld (and later Ori) ships. It also introduces zats. I understand the writers regretted the 3 shot rule of zats but it always annoyed more that SG1 didn't vaporize their enemies more to be more stealthy.

I like how this has action and character emotion. The action is obvious as they run around trying to destroy the Hataks heading towards Earth. I like the character interaction we see as SG1 try to rescue Skarra. Its interesting to note Threshold contradicts this episode when Teal'c says he has never been on a hatak before
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Holy crap I just noticed, Mike Dopud is in this episode!

Very very briefly at the 41:01 mark. Just as Sam and Daniel are busting into the peltak to rescue the captured Jack and Teal'c, Daniel hides behind a pillar to avoid getting zatted. The Serpent guard firing the zat is none other than our favourite Mr Dopud!
            Did he get credit? Or was it an uncredited role..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Did he get credit? Or was it an uncredited role..
              I didn't see his name in the end credits, and he has no actor credit for it in imdb. He has a stunts credit for SG-1 in 1997 though (no specific episode) so he must have just been one of the stunt guys who was in that day. Fun little appearance to find for us who got to know him later on
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It was another Sunday afternoon and...now the final ep of SG1 S1(note I did rewatch this before the end of August).

1. "I'd feel like an idiot"

2. Did not expect them to be on an actual ship.

3. Had forgotten about Skarra stopping the priest from removing Teal'c's symbiote.

4. And then the jawdropper of two giant pyramids heading to Earth, a scene I was raving about in RL for some time.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

What a great way to end an already top notch first season. I am so happy i got to see these episodes on SyFy as I never had to sit through long months between the two cliffhangers. There was plenty of action and character conflict to keep you glued to the tv (or monitor) for the entire bit. I will finally be starting season 2 next week and hopefully by November 1 I will be caught up to the Rewatch schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    It was another Sunday afternoon and...now the final ep of SG1 S1(note I did rewatch this before the end of August).

1. "I'd feel like an idiot"

2. Did not expect them to be on an actual ship.

3. Had forgotten about Skarra stopping the priest from removing Teal'c's symbiote.

4. And then the jawdropper of two giant pyramids heading to Earth, a scene I was raving about in RL for some time.
                    Skaara's a fighter (for the greater good) at heart, always has been and I like to think he always will be...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I don't like that they are attacking Earth
                      Now I hate the Goa'ulds a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimes View Post
                        I don't like that they are attacking Earth
                        Now I hate the Goa'ulds a lot!
                        Did you previously like them?
                        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I had to google Mike Dopud to see who he was. I had no idea that he would appear later but I immediately recognized him from one of the first few pics that came up. I never noticed how many times (or that any) actors were reused throughout the Stargate franchise until discovered the wikis and came here. I may have to compile a list when I'm bored. I can imagine that some may or may not be harder to catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Reseph(Shed) View Post
                            I had to google Mike Dopud to see who he was. I had no idea that he would appear later but I immediately recognized him from one of the first few pics that came up. I never noticed how many times (or that any) actors were reused throughout the Stargate franchise until discovered the wikis and came here. I may have to compile a list when I'm bored. I can imagine that some may or may not be harder to catch.

There's a thread around somewhere that lists as many actors as people could think of who kept popping up throughout SG1, SGA, and SGU.

Comment

finally finished my first rewatch of S1 in about 10 years. wow, great cliffhanger.

The Zats are too annoying, as are all the hidey-hole opportunities to get away from the vogons er... Jaffa who march around the ship and do nothing.
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Still as excited about this episode as I was when I first saw it, and I have seen it a few times now. SG1 go rogue to save the planet...

First time we see hyperspace and the effects it has on people who are not used to travelling at such velocity ("O'Neill, prepare for..." *thwack against the console he goes* "...extreme decalliration"). First time in the show we're on a Goa'uld ship. I have to say that I have always liked the design of it, both inside and outside. Maybe a little too much gold, but I guess that suits beings who impersonate the many deities Earth was rich at the time the Tauri were enslaved.

The look on their faces when they see Earth, and realize Daniel's prediction is about to become a reality. I really would have liked to have seen Kinsey's face though... Wonder what he would be thinking that moment. "Oh ****..." would probably not cover it.

Skaara/Klorel ... back in the flesh.

Oh, and concerning armory... chainmail sleeves really don't wrinkle. Now that I'm paying more attention to detail, it annoys me more and more every time I see a Jaffa in full fake armor. Even the Jaffa out of armor, aren't even wearing (fake) leather hauberks.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X