Within the Serpent's Grasp (121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McAvoy View Post
    Uhhh... this is common knowledge. Why do you think they bury it or put coverstones on it so that the Gate would not turn activate when dialed? Sheer weight? You thought stuff had to be touching it?

No you got stuff blocking it from the inside of the ring itself.

Wasn't there an episode with the Iris was knocked out of alignment and prevent dialing?
    It was buried in the movie. but still activated. That is how we ended up with fossils Jack was looking at. Which, for me, means they got through, but just were not successful when they did...

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis..._display_media

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I don't generally equate movie canon with show canon--they made too many changes from the source material (starting with the name of Jack's son and the spelling of his name).

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        I don't generally equate movie canon with show canon--they made too many changes from the source material (starting with the name of Jack's son and the spelling of his name).

Seaboe
        But it also goes without saying that they added an iris to work the same way in the show...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Now I'm confused. Are you agreeing with me that the entire ring needs to be filled in order to block it, and that the vokume, which just hangs in the middle, isn't sufficient?

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
            Now I'm confused. Are you agreeing with me that the entire ring needs to be filled in order to block it, and that the vokume, which just hangs in the middle, isn't sufficient?

Seaboe
            I'm saying that if the gate is either buried or has an iris....it seems to still dial and be active, but the iris or being buried means that the being trying to get through doesn't make it through, hence the banging sounds on the gate when the iris is closed.

Comment

A goa'uld motherships, finally. It is a very good episode. It has a good action, movement forward in the story and one of the best cliffhanger in the show.

Comment

Great episode! Finally finished season one of my rewatch. On to season 2. Cliffhanger endings are great when you don't have to wait till next year!

Comment

And the Serpent's Lair is a great season premiere
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Great episode, one of my favorites.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice - SG1 misbehaving! Prepared to die for saving the planet.
                      Great!
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

And the first Gorgeous Interior shots of a Go'auld Hatak. Sure we only saw probably the same room plus the Storage/Gate room and a Corridor but the attention to detail was Great. The Iconography on the walls, the doors and so on. Loved it.

in later seasons SG-1 got too glossy but the Showtime era is the best .

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrathraxus View Post
                          in later seasons SG-1 got too glossy but the Showtime era is the best .
                          What do you mean by glossy?
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

One thing i would Love for the makers of the SG shows to put out, is a book of Cross-sections of ships, giving us a layout of sorts for some of the iconic ships..
                            A Hat'ak.
                            A 304
                            The Prometheus
                            A wraith hive/cruiser
                            Atlantis
                            and the Destiny!

Comment

Kinda like what they do for Star Wars.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Glossy. There was more long shots, less a focus of the horror aspects of the show. More action over substance. Everyone was made a lot brighter and more.. glossy.

Comment

Working...
                                X