No announcement yet.

Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c doesn't hint. That's simply not in his nature.
    Not in those early days anyway.

I can't remember exactly but I don't think Janet was first option. She would just take the kid home and look out for her until they found a suitable family but with all the paperwork and where Cassandra originated from, it would be a nightmare so it would be no surprise to Carter and the others if Janet would be the adoptive parent in the end.

Carter's married to the job. I think she was quite happy being Cassie's aunt of sorts, and probably her guardian in case something would happen to Janet... which in the end... well, we all know what happened in season 7 (if you haven't, I haven't spoiled it ... much).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Teal'c doesn't hint. That's simply not in his nature.
      Not in those early days anyway.

I can't remember exactly but I don't think Janet was first option. She would just take the kid home and look out for her until they found a suitable family but with all the paperwork and where Cassandra originated from, it would be a nightmare so it would be no surprise to Carter and the others if Janet would be the adoptive parent in the end.

Carter's married to the job. I think she was quite happy being Cassie's aunt of sorts, and probably her guardian in case something would happen to Janet... which in the end... well, we all know what happened in season 7 (if you haven't, I haven't spoiled it ... much).
      Then why did Carter tell him "Subtle, but no" after he said "Mother's instinct, perhaps?"

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
        Then why did Carter tell him "Subtle, but no" after he said "Mother's instinct, perhaps?"
        You said that you would save a child but beyond that want to keep them as far away from you as was humanly possible. Put yourself in Carter's position and think about what you would have done.

Cassie had fallen unconscious the closer she got to the gate, so with the bomb inside her chest ready to blow they took her to that silo in order to contain the blast. However, she woke up the further away they were from the gate, thus Carter more or less took a big risk, trusted her gut instinct and went back down. She wasn't sure but something told her that the kid was going to be just fine, and the bomb wouldn't go off. There was no 100% certainty her theory was correct but she risked her life to stay with the freightened Cassie, who - as we have to add - had already seen her entire village killed by Nirrti.

The Subtle, but no is in reference to her theory that Cassie would be just fine. It was a huge risk she took, but in the end she guessed right.

Or at least, that's how I see it. It's all superficial, and at that point in time TPTB simply had no deeper meaning to add.

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
          Newly born mammals can't survive without their mother so a 'mother' must have special instincts not to abandon their offspring. These instincts are always there they only have to be triggered
          Really? Always? You haven't read enough true crime, then. Twenty moms who killed their kids.

I'm done with this. You have your opinion (which you claim to be a biological imperative), I have mine. It's clear this is going nowhere.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Actually, Falcon Horus, I'm with Claire on this one. However, I don't think Teal'c was intentionally hinting. I think that was his way of asking if Carter was going to take Cassandra. She assumed it was a hint.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

^This.
              Sam got attached to Cassie. No prior kids necessary for that.

Comment

You know that hole you're digging - you're halfway to China by now.
                See, we work well together, don't we?
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                  Really? Always? You haven't read enough true crime, then. Twenty moms who killed their kids.

I'm done with this. You have your opinion (which you claim to be a biological imperative), I have mine. It's clear this is going nowhere.

Seaboe
                  Twenty moms amongst how many million? Glad you accept my opinion, feel better now. And it did go somewhere - I learned that I am a biological imperative. Can I print that on my cards?
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

For the record...

Biological imperatives are the needs of living organisms required to perpetuate their existence: to survive. Include the following hierarchy of logical imperatives for a living organism: survival, territorialism, competition, reproduction, quality of life-seeking, and group forming. Living organisms that do not attempt to follow or do not succeed in satisfying these imperatives are described as maladaptive; those that do are adaptive.
                    You must have reached China by now.
                    But good for you.

FYI, the rest of us are maladaptives and probably not considered "normal".
                    Good thing I'm gay and already considered abnormal.

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker
                    Actually, Falcon Horus, I'm with Claire on this one. However, I don't think Teal'c was intentionally hinting. I think that was his way of asking if Carter was going to take Cassandra. She assumed it was a hint.
                    Teal'c was sincere in his own way.

Comment

Glad you accept my opinion, feel better now.
                      I accept that it's your opinion. I do not accept that it is correct.

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        I accept that it's your opinion. I do not accept that it is correct.

Seaboe
                        Didn't say that, but I'm grateful that you allow me to have an opinion of my own!
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

For the record...

You must have reached China by now.
                          But good for you.

FYI, the rest of us are maladaptives and probably not considered "normal".
                          Not China, ocean because you always come out in water somewhere if you start digging on solid ground.
                          Just for the record: I've never ever said anything about the rest being maladaptive or not normal.
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

Just for the record: I've never ever said anything about the rest being maladaptive or not normal.
                            You didn't have to, the definition of the words did.

Comment

You didn't have to, the definition of the words did.
                              Which words?
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

...I learned that I am a biological imperative.
                                These words - I looked up what they meant, and as per its definition...

Biological imperatives are the needs of living organisms required to perpetuate their existence: to survive. Include the following hierarchy of logical imperatives for a living organism: survival, territorialism, competition, reproduction, quality of life-seeking, and group forming. Living organisms that do not attempt to follow or do not succeed in satisfying these imperatives are described as maladaptive; those that do are adaptive.

So by your own account you're adaptive, those of us without an inherent need to have children or wanting to nurture them are maladaptive, which if I look into the Thesaurus is synonym to maladjusted, nonadaptive, unfit, abnormal, defective, dysfunctional (at least I can put the FUN in it), flawed and unstable.

Comment

Working...
                                X