Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
    Ah Deeds, you on Pick TV?

Ho ho now we're coming up to the really icky bit. Jack the Jaffa.

And, ha ha, the Doc's lightbulb moment. Sam - I don't like where you're going with this.

Edited post to ask: how does the sarcophagus know what to do? wouldn't it think that a 'jaffa' was normal and not heal Jack?

Yep Pick TV it is....I always feel sorry for Daniel in this season...poor love got "woobied" far too much.....

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
      But don't you think that's essentially, well, no different to loading someone up with rohypnal (however you spell it) so you can get them in the sack? In a court of law Hathor would be done for rape.
      Oh yes, I absolutely agree, it is rape so it's definitely an uncomfortable ep.
      Hate the Jack the Jaffa thing, but then I often wonder about the Jaffa pouches and how they develop and can only come up with the idea that TPTB didn't have a clue and sort of winged it as far as very early eps go.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
        Hate the Jack the Jaffa thing, but then I often wonder about the Jaffa pouches and how they develop and can only come up with the idea that TPTB didn't have a clue and sort of winged it as far as very early eps go.
        ...and given his moral standpoint of things I thought he would've been upset that he 'slept' with someone when he's still so dedicated to Sha're...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
          ...and given his moral standpoint of things I thought he would've been upset that he 'slept' with someone when he's still so dedicated to Sha're...

I think he was "numb" and probably unable to remember all the details after the Nishta as well as the whole distasteful experience....it was Jack's "ewww" that seemed so unsympathetic, especially after what he had been put through with her.....but in the long run I blame the whole thing on poor and lazy writing...I wonder how it would have turned out if it had been a male enslaving all the women.....oh, yes, didn't they try that on....SPOILERS FOR SGA

Spoiler:
          that dreadful episode with the Lucius Lavin character - ewwww indeed!

Deeds xx
          Last edited by discodiva; 23 November 2012, 03:54 AM.
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Yeah that's the thing about Hathor. Lazy, horrible writing, and some truly icky bits. And yet, a bit like say Twilight, immensely watchable. It is kind of weird and I can't really explain it. I wish I could (because then I could use my new found powers to write the next Twilight or Fifty Shades and make a FORTUNE).
            sigpic

Comment

Who was worse in the "Ewww" category.. Hathor or Lucias?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                With the whole jack/jaffa thing, they only ever mention it once after the fact ever again, its in 'heroes' when Dr.Frasier is talking to Emmit Breckman about all O.Neills injuries and when she get to that one she says something to the effect of " he has asked me never to talk about the whole Hathor incident.
                I thought that was a little joke at their own expense at the sheer silliness of that storyline.
                Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

I find this episode extremely uncomfortable, except for the way Carter and Frasier kicked butt.
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                    I find this episode extremely uncomfortable, except for the way Carter and Frasier kicked butt.
                    Yeah but the way they had to do it, by seducing the guards, with two rather manly females to help them entice the guards..you got to laugh really.
                    Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
                      Yeah but the way they had to do it, by seducing the guards, with two rather manly females to help them entice the guards..you got to laugh really.
                      Whatever weapon works
                      no means no, and so does pepper spray
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

Aunt Hathy ... wow, I luv'd this episode a lot. Seeing Uncle George that relaxed and happy is already worth the money I paid for that DVD. Then of course the actress Susanne Braun from Germany ... wait, no that's another one, lol. Of course Suanne Braun from South Africa did a wonderful job on playing Hathor. I really wanted to see her again and my wish got heard in Seasons 2 and 3 ... hehe.

Comment

Good ol' Hathor, the first female Goa'uld to have a speaking part on the series. I know that this isn't a very popular episode but it is outrageous fun! It's certainly the silliest episode that wasn't intended by the producers to be silly. It reminds me of a bad third season episode of Star Trek: The Original Series or any given episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. It really feels like it was made in 1977 instead of 1997. It appeals to the part of me that likes slightly trashy sci-fi! I can well imagine these events being (only slightly) adapted by Martin for an episode of Wormhole X-treme! It does have some nice comic moments though and I love Don S. Davis' performance as the essentially love sick General Hammond. Suanne Braun gives a great performance as Hathor as well, never going over the top and creating an entertaining (if fairly silly) character in the process.

If Girl Power was the rallying call of "Emancipation", the one for this episode is Sisters are doing it for themselves. After "Emancipation" and "The First Commandment", this is arguably the series' third Sam-centric episode and it's a shame that none of them are exactly of stellar quality. However, at least she is portrayed as a strong, intelligent and capable woman, as is Janet in the first episode in which she has any action scenes.

Daniel certainly gets put through the wringer in this episode, being, well, essentially raped by Hathor in order so that he can provide the "code of life" to produce new symbiotes. Given his hatred of the Goa'uld, I only imagine how badly he must have felt about that when he regained his senses.

Overall, a fun episode in spite of its flaws.
                          Last edited by GusF; 16 May 2013, 04:33 PM.
                          Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

I have no country to fight for. My country is the Earth. I am a citizen of the world.

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.

Comment

It's the aliens-made-them-do-it episode... Yay!

Yeah, not really...

I just like this episode cause it has the women kick butt, and Fraiser just looks adorkably cute running around with that big weapon.

Daniel got raped by a Goa'uld... date-raped no less.

Not much else to add really.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This was the first Stargate episode I ever saw!
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I like this episode a lot. It's a nice Story arc episode. I have read that apparently it isn't very popular but despite only seeing it twice, i have liked it more with each watch.
                                Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                                Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

Working...
                                X