No announcement yet.

Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was kind of weird seeing the key males so 'distracted', but it was awesome to see the woman of the SGC take charge when they needed to.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by ChulaksPrincess View Post
      Hathor: "We are the mother of all Pharaohs."

Jack: "Of course we are."
      It was kind of disconcerting hearing Hathor talk about herself in the plural.
      Just kind of wierded me out.

Still liked the episode, especially when Dr. Frasier and Carter were "seducing" the guards. Classic.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selkhet View Post

Still liked the episode, especially when Dr. Frasier and Carter were "seducing" the guards. Classic.

Yeah? I kind of liked that. It made me laugh especially when Jack started joking about it...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I thought the whole concept was rather exciting, I love the whole deal between Daniel and Hathor and how they then act towards each other the next time they meet.

and, she was hot.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 June 2011, 11:02 AM.
          "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

They called Daniel Danny...twice!
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Girl power episode!!! This episode was really centered around women--Hathor, Sam, Janet.

One question: Was Daniel already under some kind of Hathor's influence when they first meet in the holding room? He made a comment that can't believe they didn't chain you to the bed or something like that when he went over to release Hathor of her binds? It seems to me he can be too much of a womanizer at times and too acceptant to strangers. I mean this woman shows up at the base and knows about the stargate and is willing to believe her and approach her w/o hesitation. This all happens before Hathor even does her little spelly thing on him. It seems like that throughout the series he always has a woman on every planet on almost every episode. Gets quite annoying. Im not a Daniel hater but come on.

Overall I enjoyed the episode.

Comment

actualy he said "General are the cuffs necessary." and when he went to untie her he said "they even chained you to the bed."
                Daniel's just too naive and has a tunnel vision that makes him see only the possible good in people. he cares too much. women like guys who care too much and are protective.

I laugh every time Hathor starts talking about the 'code of life' and when Sam hits Hammond over the head and announces "my career is so over."

Hathor is the ultimate "she thing" and girl power episode!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcbrndjms View Post
                  Daniel's just too naive and has a tunnel vision that makes him see only the possible good in people.
                  Something similar is being discussed in the Torment of Tantalus thread: Daniel ignores an imminent danger and insists on staying. His recurring character flaws are his naïveté and obliviousness to danger. He eventually learns, but it sure takes a long time.

Comment

I loved Sam and Janet in this one. First time I knew that Janet had been married. I liked the way she handled herself
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

The bath full of Goa'uld snakes. Man, I will never take a bubbly bath again
                      sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this episode it had some great Jack moments and it was also nice to see an episode surrounding the women of the base. What bugged me is when they were having the meeting and Teal'c walks in there is one woman who is just standing there in her dress blues while everyone else is in fatigues ready to take over the base. And then we never see the woman in dress blues again.
                        My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selkhet View Post

Well a number of famous people speak about themselves in the third person "Ricky james loves himself too much" etc.. so its not hard to see a gou'ald develop into speaking of themselves in the "we" fashion..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Well a number of famous people speak about themselves in the third person "Ricky james loves himself too much" etc.. so its not hard to see a gou'ald develop into speaking of themselves in the "we" fashion..
                            we know not of what you speak
                            no means no, and so does pepper spray
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

First appearance of a sarc on modern day Earth as well as learning about the need for a species' DNA to match the host. Sam standing up to Hammond questioning not just following orders...that was awesome. Dealing with the rape of Daniel so lightly was disheartening, but there were only 44 minutes. And speaking of Daniel, I'm not going to defend him, so much as ask for understanding. As mentioned on the 'Tantulus' page, he's not had anyone really care about his well-being during his lifetime and has used his intellect to get him through on his own, so the idea of putting himself in danger for knowledge or to save another had become part of his character. Only as he develops a secure feeling as part of the team does that begin to change. Naive? Most definitely. But I thank the writers for keeping his heart open to the possibilities in humanity as a contrast to Jack, who's seen too much and Sam who's more likely to view from an analytical and sterile pov.

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
                                First appearance of a sarc on modern day Earth as well as learning about the need for a species' DNA to match the host. Sam standing up to Hammond questioning not just following orders...that was awesome. Dealing with the rape of Daniel so lightly was disheartening, but there were only 44 minutes. And speaking of Daniel, I'm not going to defend him, so much as ask for understanding. As mentioned on the 'Tantulus' page, he's not had anyone really care about his well-being during his lifetime and has used his intellect to get him through on his own, so the idea of putting himself in danger for knowledge or to save another had become part of his character. Only as he develops a secure feeling as part of the team does that begin to change. Naive? Most definitely. But I thank the writers for keeping his heart open to the possibilities in humanity as a contrast to Jack, who's seen too much and Sam who's more likely to view from an analytical and sterile pov.
                                Excellent points all around! I shall take all of this into account when I force myself to watch this eppy in the very near future. (i have never watched it and am not exactly looking forward to it...but it's the rewatch so I have to!)
                                Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X