No announcement yet.

Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first saw this I was wondering why Hammond, Jack, and Daniel didn't immediately figure out that she was a Goa'uld. Obviously the viewer knows immediately because of the opening scene, but she was drawn to the stargate (which she called chapahaii) and she claimed to be an egyptian god. If you know anything about the Goa'uld you immediately know what she is right then and there.

Apparently there are three levels of infatuation with this hottie. Her mere presence has some effect. Enough to make them think she's just a looney toon. The breath on the hand has a greater effect. Enough to make them think she's a good Goa'uld. And the breath on the face has an all-encompassing effect. Enough to make Daniel, well, you know.

Comment

Lol yea i agree with ZoSo they should of immidetly knew she was Goa'uld and wow Jackson takeing advantage of Hathor ewww

Comment

i enjoyed this episode shame about the sarcophagus though.

Comment

Evil aside, Hathor was truly a beautiful goddess and no wonder the men were all being drawn and attracted to her, even willing to die for her. For me the funniest part is at the end when Fraiser was collecting the remainss from the burnt larvae Daniel said that probably his DNA would be found in most of the speciments.
          sigpic
          Sign by me

Comment

hathor has to be one of the best looking villians in stargate. It wsa an icky episode however.
            Some say that he has only one ear.
            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
            All we know is he's called
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess View Post
              I dunno.... If that was a vat of liquid nitrogen Jack tossed her into, then her body splintered into a million pieces when she hit bottom.

That being said, there are almost as many ways to bring 'Hathor' back: clone Hathor, (even-more-)evil twin Hathor, AU Hathor, time travel Hathor, holographic imaging technology Hathor, halucingenic drug-induced Hathor, dream(nightmare?) Hathor, etc.
              Heck. My friend thinks Hathor is freaky.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. It introduced us to the idea of a 'Queen Goa'uld', something we don't see again until "Cure", when we encounter the original Tok'ra Queen and "Evolution Part 2" when we find a 'modified' queen being used to create the Kull Warriors. I think it's also the first time we hear a Goa'uld speak with the host's voice. Hathor certainly sounds like a normal person most of the time. We saw Rya'c undergoing prim'taa, but didn't see how the 'pouch' was created. Now we know how a Goa'uld 'queen' does it. Maybe the priests have a similar device.

It was interesting to see the men coming under Hathor's control, but I'm surprised she even tried to get Teal'c. Surely she'd have known his larval Goa'uld would protect him.

Shame the sarcophagus was destroyed, but I guess it's not a piece of technology they could have kept in the show. It would have made some things too easy.
                Last edited by Cheerful Dragon; 26 May 2009, 06:47 AM.
                C-D
                Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerful Dragon View Post
                  I enjoyed this episode. It introduced us to the idea of a 'Queen Goa'uld', something we don't see again until "Cure", when we encounter the original Tok'ra Queen and "Evolution Part 2" when we find a 'modified' queen being used to create the Kull Warriors. I think it's also the first time we hear a Goa'uld speak with the host's voice. Hathor certainly sounds like a normal person most of the time. We saw Rya'c undergoing prim'taa, but didn't see how the 'pouch' was created. Now we know how a Goa'uld 'queen' does it. Maybe the priests have a similar device.

It was interesting to see the men coming under Hathor's control, but I'm surprised she even tried to get Teal'c. Surely she'd have known his larval Goa'uld would protect him.

Shame the sarcophagus was destroyed, but I guess it's not a piece of technology they could have kept in the show. It would have made some things too easy.
                  Don't forget the skeleton of the wild Goa'uld Queen we saw.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

THIS EPISODE SUCKS.Hathor had sex with Daniel? This is a very not to the chlidren episode
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

It's not a children's programme, though, so why not have adult themes occasionally? I thought it was a very powerful episode in places, although other parts of it got on my nerves.
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Well, I have mixed feelings about this episode. The idea behind the story is alright, but something was lacking in the end result. Hmm...

Comment

i love that this is never spoking of again lol. i bet all the males infected were very embarrassed about it. good episode not one of my fave but good episode
                          sigpic

Comment

I still wonder how she got from Mexico to Colorado. In that dress. Must've been chilly at night...

The "Hathor drugging Daniel and presumably having sex with him" bit really does squick me out. Date rape! It's funny!

(Had it been played as twisted/evil that would have been another thing altogether, but the episode plays as a bit too light for my comfort).

Oooh, and there's a weird bit. How did Carter shooting at Hathor set the tub on fire? Any ideas?
                            Last edited by Alder; 31 January 2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

^ Yeah, that's a puzzle. Maybe Hathor somehow set it on fire to help cover her escape.

Comment

Not my favorite episode, but I did love Janet in this.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X