No announcement yet.

Fire and Water (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i loved how he pulled Sam out of the chair when the memories were getting too rough on her.
    sigpic

Comment

lol thats great
      sigpic

Comment

This was an interesting ep. But I think after all that time, I would go out looking for my mate myself.
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, this is one of those episodes that I watch and then think, "Huh. We never did see that guy again. Wonder what happened to him?"

I hate it when I realise that there were characters and races that still had some story left in them and were forgotten about. Seems such a waste.

(Also, heh. That 'bed' looks a wee bit short for Daniel. )

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
            This was an interesting ep. But I think after all that time, I would go out looking for my mate myself.
            Yeah, me too.

Originally posted by Alder View Post
            Hmmm, this is one of those episodes that I watch and then think, "Huh. We never did see that guy again. Wonder what happened to him?"

I hate it when I realise that there were characters and races that still had some story left in them and were forgotten about. Seems such a waste.
            I know, makes you wonder what ever happened to him.
            sigpic

Comment

Interesting episode. Still, I can understand why he didn't try to get back to earth, the Stargate hadn't been functional for more than a month or two by that time, and a creature with a lifespan of millennia would probably have better things to do than check the gate all the time. Besides, he thought humans were servants of the Goa'uld and wasn't sure of his welcome anyway...
              sigpic

Comment

Quite strong episode. Just rewatched it. This one was one of the episodes I watched only on DVD for the first time, so it was even more startling to see Daniel died and the memorial service, when I knew that he's alive in the future episodes. Anyway, it was an interesting standalone episode. I can't imagine what Nem suffered for thousands of years...

EDIT: 7/10
                Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 05 April 2010, 04:12 AM.
                Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

to bad they never revised his people or him
                  is a good episode just rewatched it

Comment

An interesting story and all contained within one episode.

I wonder how good Nem and Omoroca really were when they were on earth. After all Omoroca is an alternative name for Tiamat according to the French version of Wikipedia, and Tiamat was the embodiment of chaos. She was on the other hand the progenitor of all the Babylonian gods and goddesses. Nem certainly was completely selfish and quite callous towards Daniel until he softened somewhat in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallifer View Post
                      An interesting story and all contained within one episode.

I wonder how good Nem and Omoroca really were when they were on earth. After all Omoroca is an alternative name for Tiamat according to the French version of Wikipedia, and Tiamat was the embodiment of chaos. She was on the other hand the progenitor of all the Babylonian gods and goddesses. Nem certainly was completely selfish and quite callous towards Daniel until he softened somewhat in the end.
                      Daniel said in this episode that perhaps she was the one that instigated the rebellion against Ra on Earth.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I agree. I'd have loved to see another episode with him in it. Maybe even at the end talking with Daniel about some technology to help defend the galaxy.

I agree. Awesome character. Loved to see him battling the Goa'uld or Replicators or something.
                        sigpic

Comment

Have to agree. Seems like he had the technology and know how to help in later episodes especially in the fight against the gou'ald. I would think he would of wanted some kind of revenge and probably would have helped. Plus, he owed Daniel and the team one for what he put them through.

Could we consider this the first tv episode that Daniel "dies" in?

Enjoyable episode.

Comment

originaly posted by lookupwardsandshare: Could we consider this the first tv episode that Daniel "dies" in?
                            This is the first one they beleived Daniel was dead so yes. In fits O'Neill's comments on this in Threads (season 8)

O'NEILL: Yeah! How many times have you thought he was gone, and then he shows up -- in one form or another.

That is what happens in Fire and Water.
                            Last edited by hermantheowl; 06 August 2011, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Well, Daniel and the rest died in 1x07 (The Nox), so this would be the second time, I think.

I agree with other posters that Nem was a lost opportunity. He would have made a natural ally against the goa'uld.

Comment

Loved this episode from beginning to end awesome ep
                                sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X