No announcement yet.

Fire and Water (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Daniel Jackson: Intergalactic Babe. Oh My.

Otherwise, yes, it is a shame Nem and his world were never visited again. A race feeling itself powerful enough to take on the mission to rid another planet of the Goa'uld? I'd want to know them if I were in that battle! Teal'c's many, memorable frowns is another grabber along with the emergence of Mighty Janet! yeehaw!
    Did I mention Daniel's eyes? :-} Or the workings of his massive brain on display? sigh. Can see why Jack might prefer to retire than go on without his little buddy.
    But the reunion at the beach was the most fun; whenever they're all together is great.

Comment

I had already forgotten this episode since I watched it last time, so it was really interesting to see what happened to Daniel. And I feel the same about not visiting that planet later for alliance.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
        Well, Daniel and the rest died in 1x07 (The Nox), so this would be the second time, I think.
        True, unless your watching it on Netflix in which case they have the episodes ordered differently and this episode comes up before the Nox. On Nextflix this episode is 11 and The Nox is 12. I know the order is wrong, but I don't feel like flipping through to watch them in the right one that would just be a pain.

On this episode I could take it or leave it. It is a good episode, but it has no bearing on the rest of the series as has already been pointed out. That in of itself doesn't make it bad, but it felt like they were setting it up to build on it later and then they never did so it feels like a dead end.

Comment

I enjoy this ep when ever I watch it. Nem's design is very unique as well.
          sigpic

Comment

I thought this was an ok episode. Lots of emotional stuff happening.

I thought the military memorial was way over the top. Daniel is a civilian; not military. Had the whole thing not been underground, I halfway expected one of those fly overs with military jets as happens in actual military funerals.

I would like there to have been more background on Nem. Had he been on that planet - living in an underwater home for hundreds or more years ... alone? What exactly had he been doing all those years while wondering what happened to his beloved wife?

And there was the whole packing up Daniel's apartment thing. Those diaries of his that Sam found were in direct conflict of the document he signed about secrecy of the program. They should not have been in his home; if they had been anywhere, they should have been in his office/lab at the SGC. As it was, anyone in his apartment could have picked one up and started reading it. Naughty Daniel!

I liked getting to see Jack's home and all the people there. Too bad about Hammond's car window.

Love the huggy scenes between Jack and Sam - Daniel's apartment and the scene where Sam realizes they left Daniel behind.

Comment

I liked when Janet pulled rank on Hammond. I was also thinking that maybe Nem might have been hibernating alot, like Unas was in Thor's Hammer. One more thing. Anybody know where I can get those cool sunglasses that Jack wears when he's off world?

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode its too bad we never see Nem again.
                My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                  Well, Daniel and the rest died in 1x07 (The Nox), so this would be the second time, I think.

I agree with other posters that Nem was a lost opportunity. He would have made a natural ally against the goa'uld.
                  If you count his death in the Original film, it makes his third.

Comment

I always forget about this episode, probably because its never referenced again. A good, solid, stand alone episode.

Comment

This is such a great episode! I actually cried the first time I saw it, it also made me doubt any death after that like 'oh, he/she is just pulling a Daniel'.
                      The plot is such a nice reflection of Daniel's feelings about Sha're and i believe his life would have been spent like Nam's, always looking for his wife until the end.
                      Really like that they showed Daniel as such a strong character and the ever growing bond between the members of SG 1. Definitely one of my favorites.

Comment

One thing i wonder.. what was that 'weapon' he used to take them all out?

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Hmm, a bit more summary than review, but I didn't remember the ep at all. In fact, that may have been the first time I'd seen it...
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by jlovette View Post
                            I always forget about this episode, probably because its never referenced again. A good, solid, stand alone episode.
                            I agree...it had a great guest character, wish they could've brought him back
                            And OT, hello to a fellow Texan.
                            sigpic
                            Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                            Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

I think I'm on track now since I skipped an episode yesterday.

Anyways, another yawn episode. Daniel is thought to be dead, the beginning of a fun running gag during SG-1. The debut of the "sand" SG-1 suits.

Tomorrow is "The Nox," I'm going by the order of the DVD, even if isn't correct. An episode I kind of was looking forward too, even if it was an average episode.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by another scientist View Post
                                The plot is such a nice reflection of Daniel's feelings about Sha're and i believe his life would have been spent like Nam's, always looking for his wife until the end.
                                I think this is largely the parralel this episode is running along. It is well done too. Its almost makes the episode an arc-based story but not quite.

Very unfortunate Nem and his race were never again seen or heard from - a continued trend throughout the series for stand-alone eps. Did anyone else notice a striking facial resemblence to the Blue aliens from SGU?

It is an often forgotten episode. Its quite solid overall. The wreath being absorbed by the gate is a fantastic effect, and I love the surprise attack by Nem on Daniel early on. Nem's cry/howl when Daniel reveals the truth to him is awefully done though.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X