Fire and Water (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
    Was Nem's race wiped out? I didn't catch that. I was wondering why there was never any mention of trying to go back and talk with him about his toys/tech.
    Certainly didn't seem like it. I mean, Jackson said that they'd like to come back and ally themselves with the Oannes and Nem was like "Yeah, someday...", not "Pfff, don't bother, I am the last one."

I don't know why the writers totally dropped the Oannes. They are a real part of Babylonian mythology...fish people that gave humans wisdom. It would have been cool to see more of them, even if they had to be wiped out or whatever.
    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

RDM and Shanks were both great in this ep. I loved Jack busting General Hammond's window and later going "You should get that window fixed". Good stuff.

Also, I'm kinda glad the fish people didn't make a return... there wasn't too much more to get out of them (story wise) after this ep.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
        RDM and Shanks were both great in this ep. I loved Jack busting General Hammond's window and later going "You should get that window fixed". Good stuff.

Also, I'm kinda glad the fish people didn't make a return... there wasn't too much more to get out of them (story wise) after this ep.
        he could of been an ally imo, but i don't think there was anything lost from them not bringing them back. and it is a great episode.

Comment

I really like the museum joke that Jack made referring to how the SGC would do to Daniel's stuff. Daniel is just like a living museum of ancient history, that make him almost as smart as Carter.
          sigpic
          Sign by me

Comment

I just watched this again on my DVD. I like the early Daniel episodes the most. I thought the planet and ocean was interesting. You dont get to see that anymore on SG. Bodies of water. I thought that was cool.

Comment

An interseting episode. my favourite bit ws when jack was playng hockey at the wake. that poor window.
              Some say that he has only one ear.
              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
              All we know is he's called
              sigpic

Comment

An interesting episode, but I wonder how Nem and his kind manage to stay alive for 4000+ years. As usual, Daniel waves his arms around a lot when he gets worked up over something , and Jack is suspicious of things like hypnosis. Good job Sam's open to that kind of thing, or they'd never have got Daniel back.

Ba'al is mentioned for the first time - Belos was the Greek name for Ba'al. Pity we had to wait until season 5 to meet him, but it wouldn't have been the same with anybody other than Cliff Simon in the part.
                C-D
                Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

I loved this episode because the team interaction is good. They have to go through alot of emotional pain together. Jack already had his dramtic scene when he blew up while beating the crap out of Gen Hammonds car so of course Jack doesn't want to anything to do with hypnosis. After all that how Amanda got to show her action skills off too.

I did get tired of Daniel being stuck with the fish man but it was still a good episode.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                  Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

It would be awesome if this episode has something to do with the Universe episodes "Fire" and "Water" coming up, but I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
                      It would be awesome if this episode has something to do with the Universe episodes "Fire" and "Water" coming up, but I wouldn't count on it.
                      Probably not, but I liked the race encountered here.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

that episode was kinda in a lovecraftian theme, with the little fish alien coming out of the water. interesting plot.
                        sigpic

Comment

carter reading Daniel's diary was really funny
                          I'll never get paid
                          lol

Comment

lol very very funny
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah, the first sppy in which Daniel "Died" lol!!

Jack: "I'm not a real big fan of the whole cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken thing.
                              sigpic

Comment

lol thats jacks humour alright
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X