Fire and Water (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    If Nem's and Daniel's conversation was anything to go by, then Nem had been waiting to hear anything about Omarocca for over 4,000 years. He was questioning Daniel about the fate of Omarocca and Daniel referred to Babylon, to which Nem said "Yes". That's an exceptionally long period of waiting to find out about one's mate and still love that mate.
    Maybe not so long if you've spent huge periods of it hibernating. That's kind of the impression I got from the show, that Nem had been in some type of hibernation or suspended animation during some of that time and may not even have been fully aware of how much time had passed when he encountered Daniel.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Perhaps it was our arrival which woke him.

Comment

That's kind of what I think. He may have had some type of automated sensor that tripped whenever anyone arrived via the Stargate and would wake him to check out the visitors and possibly interrogate them if they seemed likely to have useful information.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
          Maybe not so long if you've spent huge periods of it hibernating. That's kind of the impression I got from the show, that Nem had been in some type of hibernation or suspended animation during some of that time and may not even have been fully aware of how much time had passed when he encountered Daniel.
          Did I miss something? When was it suggested Nem had been hibernating? I suppose that could be the case, but I don't recall anything being said about that.

Comment

I didn't say it was said; I said it would make sense and what we saw in the ep did imply that to my mind and to some other peoples' as well, based on the opinions of RL friends who also followed the show and watched the episode. What, we aren't allowed to speculate on things the series didn't explicitly spell out? May as well shut down GW altogether then and turn out the lights. Someone tell Darren he can find something else to do.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Awww... Jackson's first "death." So awesome. I thought this was an okay episode otherwise.
              http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by lostmonkey70 View Post
                Awww... Jackson's first "death." So awesome. I thought this was an okay episode otherwise.
                Well he has actually died twice before this. Once in the movie and again in The Nox. This is his first faux death.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  Well he has actually died twice before this. Once in the movie and again in The Nox. This is his first faux death.
                  I can't believe I forgot about the movie. I'm watching it on Netflix, so I saw The Nox after Fire and Water. And I guess this isn't even really his first faux death, unless we just count the fact that everyone thinks he's dead. After all, in COTG everyone on Earth except Jack thinks he's dead.
                  http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by lostmonkey70 View Post
                    I can't believe I forgot about the movie. I'm watching it on Netflix, so I saw The Nox after Fire and Water. And I guess this isn't even really his first faux death, unless we just count the fact that everyone thinks he's dead. After all, in COTG everyone on Earth except Jack thinks he's dead.
                    True, true! See even before the end of S1 Daniel dying is old news.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      True, true! See even before the end of S1 Daniel dying is old news.
                      Yep after this ep, I never believed that he was dead ...again...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Okay episode.
                        Feel kinda bad for the loner (

Comment

Not the best, but a very good look at team relationships. The sense of loss that hits them, especially Sam and Jack, when they think Daniel is dead is obviously very strong.

Oh, yes...in The Many Deaths of Daniel Jackson, this is the third. Jeez...only half a season in and already Danny's 'died' three times!? Nothing but a foreshadowing of things to come...

Does anyone else think the fish-dude was a ripoff of Admiral Ackbar?
                          "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

His third?? How? He had one in the motion picture, and then this was his 2nd..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              His third?? How? He had one in the motion picture, and then this was his 2nd..
                              You're forgetting that all of SG-1 was killed in the Nox.
                              sigpic

Comment

AHhhh.. thanks. Forgot about that death.

Comment

Working...
                                X