No announcement yet.

Fire and Water (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was a great show. I loved the character Nem. Didn't approve of what he did to SG1 but I understood his motives and in the end he was a good guy/thing/alien - whatever!! Would love to see him again in future episodes. Favorite part was.....bark like a chicken, cluck like a dog!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I think nem had a little bit of cabin fever if you know what I mean.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah true

Comment

This episode had two cool, scary moments.

The first was when the "fish guy" SUDDENLY
          used the hand device to blow Daniel away
          after a minute of quietly staring at Daniel.

The second scary moment was when the alien
          started crying. That scream was horrifying!!
          Watch that scene again at night and you
          WILL be scared. I hope that SG-1 got an
          Emmy award for this episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
            This episode had two cool, scary moments.

The first was when the "fish guy" SUDDENLY
            used the hand device to blow Daniel away
            after a minute of quietly staring at Daniel.

The second scary moment was when the alien
            started crying. That scream was horrifying!!
            Watch that scene again at night and you
            WILL be scared. I hope that SG-1 got an
            Emmy award for this episode.
            I agree the scene when he screams and Daniel falls to the floor freaked the crap out of me. What I am wondering was what was the device on his hand? It was allot like a gou'ald hand device. Perhaps Nem backward engineered that technology.... Or perhaps the gou'ald stole the technology from him.
            sigpic

Comment

Hmmmmm, my favorite part was seeing Daniel soaking wet .

I loved this ep because I feel it really helped establish Daniel's character in the team early in the show. It showed just how much of an impact he has on his firends and the rest of the SGC, and some of his personel streangths (I loved the scenes where he's yelling at Nem!). Over all this is one of my favorite episodes of all time.

BTW: If you want to know how many times Daniel's died, it's on Wikipedia:
              Spoiler:
              "Non- and semi-permanent deaths

"The show occasionally jokes about how many times Daniel has died, as in fact it occurs often. While other characters are frequently shot, infected and killed, the show seems to prod the audience with the idea of being without this particular character.
              Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.

"The Film

* Killed by a staff blast defending O'Neil in the Stargate motion picture. Resurrected by Ra with a sarcophagus.

"Season One

* Presumed dead with the rest of the people of Abydos from the nuke left behind by O'Neil in the "Stargate motion picture (In "Children of the Gods").
              * Presumed dead by the brainwashed rest of SG-1 in "Fire and Water".
              * Killed by Apophis and resurrected by the Nox in "The Nox".
              * Supposes his other self to be dead in an alternate universe in "There But For the Grace of God" although in fairness, everyone dies in this episode except Daniel.

"Season Two

* Hit by a staff blast and apparently mortally wounded, remains behind on Apophis' doomed ship to use the sarcophagus and escapes via Stargate before the ship is destroyed in "The Serpent's Lair". Presumed dead by the rest of SG-1.
              * Briefly died of old age while in the body of Ma'chello, an ancient enemy of the Goa'uld, in "Holiday".

"Season Three

* In the opening of "Rules of Engagement" he appears to die along with the rest of SG-1, but is only temporarily stunned.
              * Carter shoots an alien resembling Daniel Jackson, the alien later dies. "Foothold".
              * SG-1 searches for Jackson while he follows them around in a non-corporeal state, suspecting that he has died and is a ghost in "Crystal Skull".

"Season Four

* Suffers cardiac arrest after becoming addicted to a Goa'uld narcotic device. "The Light"
              * Is shot and killed with gate-defense lasers along with the rest of SG-1 in the alternate future of "2010".
              * Has 'his' head shot off by a staff weapon in "Double Jeopardy", revealing that the SG-1 the episode had followed to that point is not the original, but rather the android SG-1.

"Season Five

* Dies of radiation poisoning after psychically asking O'Neill to make the doctors and Jacob Carter stop trying to save him in "Meridian", thus Ascending to a higher plane until season seven.

"Season Eight

* Killed by Teal'c in a virtual reality system from P7J-989 during "Avatar", as he had previously been a Goa'uld spy inside the virtual reality. If he did not gain the trust of Teal'c inside the game, they would both eventually die.
              * Killed by RepliCarter at the very end of "Reckoning" and is seen at midway point between Ascension and mortality before finally being brought back to life in "Threads".
              * A Goa'uld-possessed alternate timeline version of Daniel is shot by Teal'c in "Moebius". The timeline is restored by the end of the episode and Daniel is alive with all of SG-1. (In another timeline in the same episode, all of SG-1 are killed except Daniel when attempting a revolution in the past; that timeline's Daniel apparently lives out his life in ancient Egypt, along with the alternate SG-1 whose Daniel was infected by a Goa'uld, and would have eventually died as well.)

"Season Ten

* In the opening episode it is revealed that the Korolev (the ship that Daniel was on) was the Daedalus-class ship that had been destroyed in the season 9 finale. As Daniel hadn't been able to evacuate via Asgard beaming technology or by F-302, he had been presumed dead. Later on, the SG-1 team discovers that the ring transporter was used by Daniel to escape to an Ori ship, moments before the destruction of the Korolev." --- Wikipedia
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Jackson

So he's died more or less 18 times on the show...

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

The alien from this episode looks just like the alien from Farscape.

Daniel looks so cute/hot in this episode. I loved the term bonding in this episodes. I really loved the wake too. This episode was really well done, speacilly for a season one episode.
                Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

The Alien was cool and thanks to his Wife the uprising was sparked!

Shame we never got to see that race again as they said one day we could become allies.
                  Also that Fish guy was Old! If you want to live 4ever become an alien!

I also loved the "BED....FOOD" part. that always makes me laugh! As its like his some old jail m8. "I give you bed and food, That makes you mine!"
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Agreed it was a pity we never got a chance to go back.. Though i wonder if he was the last of his kind??

Comment

In then episode "Fire and Water" in season 1 of SG1 there was that alien in that lived in the water. Why do you think that was that only one of the speces that was seen throughout the series, seeing as has that speces was on earth at one point in time. Who knows that species just might have been the Furlings, I mean who says that the Fur in Furlings has anything to do with a physical discription.
                      Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if are to be saved at all."

Comment

I think that guy's "mate" being killed by the Goa'uld was supposed to be symbolic for his entire species in that they were likely all but wiped out and those who remain live in isolation for fear of encountering the Goa'uld.

Comment

His wife was Omoroca. Killed opposing the Goa'uld on Earth, iirc.
                          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

nah they cant be the furlings there not cool enough and plus i think they could probably cain the Goa'uld
                            The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

I’ve mentioned it a few times...I think they should show up in the PG as one of the ancients allies, the Atlanteans removed their Stargate to protect them from the wraith and they have thrived on an oceanic world.
                              A small ship was rescued by the Atlanteans during their evacuation; hence the appearance of them in MW.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                                I’ve mentioned it a few times...I think they should show up in the PG as one of the ancients allies, the Atlanteans removed their Stargate to protect them from the wraith and they have thrived on an oceanic world.
                                A small ship was rescued by the Atlanteans during their evacuation; hence the appearance of them in MW.
                                an underwater civilisations on the atlantis planet would be cool i dont see them having ships
                                sigpic
                                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                                Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                                X