No announcement yet.

Bloodlines (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neil Denis's (Rya'c) performance in this was good. How old was he there,10?
    Also like the part where O'Neill says;

''we'll have to cross that bridge when get to it'' or something.

and bra'tac says;

''no, the bridge is too far"

Comment

Originally posted by Ozman View Post
      Neil Denis's (Rya'c) performance in this was good. How old was he there,10?
      Also like the part where O'Neill says;

''we'll have to cross that bridge when get to it'' or something.

and bra'tac says;

''no, the bridge is too far"
      *thumbs up* Love it.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

ONeill: Well Think About it, when we cross that bridge.
        Bratac: The Bridge is heavily Guarded, we cannot go there
        sigpic

Comment

^You've gotta love Bra'tac!

Comment

I quite like this episode. Not my favorite by far, but enjoyable.

Comment

this is a fantastic episode. i loved seeing this father side of teal'c.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                ^You've gotta love Bra'tac!

Bra'tac is awesome!!
                sigpic

Comment

i like bra'tac as well
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                    Bra'tac is awesome!!
                    Yes he is, for a 133 year old.
                    sigpic

Comment

To me this rates as an average episode of SG1. Neither good or bad IMO.
                      However this episode introduces Bra'tac who is one of my favourite recurring characters.

Comment

Enjoyable ep, I loved seeing the softer side of Teal'c. And Bra'tac is fabulous, can't wait to see more of him!
                        sigpic

Comment

Good episode. I loved Bra'Tac, he was adorable in this one, and I loved watching family side of Teal'c.

EDIT: 8/10
                          Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 05 April 2010, 04:11 AM.
                          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

daniel the apparent "moral compass "of the team killing a tank full of defenseless symbiotes? NOOO!!!!!!! and this only in season 1
                            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

In reply to the immediately preceding comment... (and to add to the impressive debate between Amconway and Evenstar in this thread)

Are the Goauld inherently evil? Genetic memory seems to be a science fiction guise for the theological concept of predestination. Are the Gaould reprobate, that is, damned from birth? Perhaps almost all of them are, but the fact that one queen chose good could mean that the potential for good is there.

Or perhaps her choice for good was influenced by soem outside source: some other alien intervened and in effect saved her soul and the souls of her progeny the Tokra.

In either scenario, the possibility always for each Goauld to choose good either by itself or from soem outside influence.

In which case, it would be arrogant for any man, imperfect as all of us are, to presume to know for certain the fate and ultimate moral choices of any individual infant Goauld (regardless of probabilities).

Furthermore, there is a common moral position that killing helpless sentient beings is wrong regardless of their potential future sins. That is why for example Superman does not kill Lex Luthor out of hand, and why Doctor Who often saves the arch-villain the Master.

Comment

Leaving aside the moral dilemna of Daniel's killing of the infant Goaulds, what is the rest of this story like?

It is very interesting to see more of Jaffar culture and Tealc's background. Bratac is one of the finest additions to the dramatis personas* of Stargate. He is noble, well-spoken, funny and enjoyable in each of his stories.

I was disappointed by the ruins of Tealc's house: no hint of alienness therein. (I did like the hint of Middle Eastern decor in his wife's new house in the later episode in the secodn season.)

*Plural accusative case for "characters in the drama."

Comment

Working...
                                X